Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Wonder how to export discart and clearlogo of video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It would be very grateful if someone could teach me how to export discart and clearlogo. When I export video library, the discarts, clearlogos and clearrts are not exported, although I have chose "Yes" for "export thumbnails and fanart". The pictures displays normally next to the "Media case". BTW, I use Windows10 and Andorid. The skin is Aeon MQ 8.
ps. The kodi version is v18.4
I have never exported my library, so I cannot tell you in relation to that.

However, my library is scanned using Tiny Media Manager and then if the scrapers are working then it saves all the images into the movie folder.

I also use Artwork beef which is an add on for Kodi, that will scrape any artwork that you do not have in your movie folders.

Also it is 18.6 now so always good to update your version to get new updates, so for example you cannot export clear art in 18.4 but that might be a feature in 18.6.

If say for example I upgrade my hard drive, it does not take that long to re scan all of your media, however yes I can admit that it is a pain not exporting so that I know what TV show episodes that I have watched.
(2020-03-28, 15:05)leoliu Wrote: [ -> ]When I export video library, the discarts, clearlogos and clearrts are not exported, although I have chose "Yes" for "export thumbnails and fanart".
Check the Choose Art screen of one of your movies... https://kodi.wiki/view/Artwork#Choosing_Art_You_Want Switch back to the default Estuary skin if you cannot find that screen in Aeon MQ8

Do the discart, clearlogo and clearart show an attached image? IIRC Aeon MQ8 treats artwork differently and requires a skin helper to display artwork.
(2020-03-28, 17:59)Video Titles Wrote: [ -> ]I have never exported my library, so I cannot tell you in relation to that.

However, my library is scanned using Tiny Media Manager and then if the scrapers are working then it saves all the images into the movie folder.

I also use Artwork beef which is an add on for Kodi, that will scrape any artwork that you do not have in your movie folders.

Also it is 18.6 now so always good to update your version to get new updates, so for example you cannot export clear art in 18.4 but that might be a feature in 18.6.

If say for example I upgrade my hard drive, it does not take that long to re scan all of your media, however yes I can admit that it is a pain not exporting so that I know what TV show episodes that I have watched.
Thanks for your reply. I use Tiny Media Manager now. It's very good.
(2020-03-28, 18:49)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-03-28, 15:05)leoliu Wrote: [ -> ]When I export video library, the discarts, clearlogos and clearrts are not exported, although I have chose "Yes" for "export thumbnails and fanart".
Check the Choose Art screen of one of your movies... https://kodi.wiki/view/Artwork#Choosing_Art_You_Want Switch back to the default Estuary skin if you cannot find that screen in Aeon MQ8

Do the discart, clearlogo and clearart show an attached image? IIRC Aeon MQ8 treats artwork differently and requires a skin helper to display artwork. 
I use Tiny Media Manager now. Anyway thank you for your reply.
you can used script.cdartmanager for do backups of cdart.
(2020-03-30, 15:03)roliverosc Wrote: [ -> ]you can used script.cdartmanager for do backups of cdart.
No, don't use that. As far as I can see it has not been maintained in a couple years and no longer works correctly with v18 and later.
Sorry, also for example Mediaelch.
(2020-03-28, 18:49)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]

I was just wondering about this myself and found this thread.

So if specific artwork is handled by one of the skin helper add-ons it means there is no cache in the traditional sense, yes? In turn, that means relevant files are not being exported. This begs the question: what happens if the skin helper add-on is no longer being maintained at some point in the future? Corresponding artwork will break? Or can you think of a workaround? Is it worth switching to Estuary, export library, then go back to Aeon MQ8?
(2020-05-27, 16:51)Cinephile Wrote: [ -> ]So if specific artwork is handled by one of the skin helper add-ons it means there is no cache in the traditional sense, yes?
I am not really sure. I have not spent any appreciable time using that particular skin, so not sure how it handles artwork. But discart and extended artwork problems seem to be a common question in the skin thread. Best to ask in the skin thread.
I think all art import/export is handled by Kodi core and not dependent on a skin.  So whitelisting art type in advancedsettings or manually selecting art via the info dialog works the same in all skins.  An alternative is artwork beef addon to automate adding art types to Kodi (and also downloading and saving art locally).

scott s.