Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can not disable screensaver for music playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Used to work perfectly now whatever I do my screensaver always comes on when Listening to music.

I’ve tried setting the option to disable screensaver while music playback but no luck. Tried the show song info during music playback and still no luck.

Up until recently when my music played the screensaver never came on and it would just cycle through images of the bank playing whilst showing the info at the bottom of the screen now this only appears until the screensaver kicks in.

Is this a bug or is the some way I can force the screensaver to not come on during music playback.

I’ve also tried adding <songinfoduration> to my advancedsettings but that doesn’t seem to help either
Are you sure it's the Kodi screensaver and not an O/S screensaver? I don't see it with the 'disable screensaver while music playback' option ticked.
100% Kodi. I’m running libreeelec and the screensaver is my photos slideshow that is coming on.
Now you mention it I think it's happened to me in the past. What you have to do is enable visualisation when Music is playing, if visualisation is Off I think the screensaver will always start.
That works but then I have a visualisation on top of the artist pictures Sad Best I can get is a blank one but then because it’s over the top of the artist photos they then become very dark.
(2020-03-30, 13:46)wormvortex Wrote: [ -> ]That works but then I have a visualisation on top of the artist pictures Sad Best I can get is a blank one but then because it’s over the top of the artist photos they then become very dark.
There should be an option, 'Display Visualisation behind slideshow' however that may be skin dependent. Have a look in Settings, Video/Music.

I agree this is a bit of a work-around & maybe Kodi should have an option to work as you described.