Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi very slow IR remote response and often missing the key event
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I moved from DuneHD to a Kodi player on a OdroidN2 platform. Everything works great, except the IR remote functionality which has a very slow event response (up to 1 second) and is also missing 20% of the key press events. I reused the DuneHD remote, which works very responsive on the DuneHD.

I use the latest Linux CoreElec version. My network speed is excellent, mouse response handling is excellent, CPU utilization under 10%. Kore client remote control is also excellent, no events are missed. I can play video's flawlessly and the response of mouse is excellent.

The issue is purely limited to the IR remote control handling in CoreElec/Kodi.

I increased the priority of the eventlircd process to N=19 but zero effect.

The IR remote control configuration process that I used was:
Configure Remote: https://wiki.libreelec.tv/infrared_remotes
systemctl stop kodi
systemctl stop eventlircd
irrecord -l | grep ^KEY
ir-keytable -t
Create /storage/.config/rc_keymaps/dunehd.conf with # table dunehd, type: nec
Create /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg with meson-ir * dunehd.conf
test table: ir-keytable -c -w /storage/.config/dunehd.conf
ir-keytable -a /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg -s rc0
systemctl start eventlircd
systemctl start kodi

I have two questions:
1. Has anybody experienced the same lagging behavior with IR remotes? What did you do to resolve the issue?
2. Which bug fixing steps should I follow to resolve the issue? Is there a logging possibility that records the time stamp of each function to pinpoint the issue?

Many thanks of your kind response :-)

ps: in case I accidentally posted in the wrong group... sorry and feel free to move it to the right group.
Just read: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...&highlight="MCE+Remotes"

My image is a plain vanilla download.
(2020-03-30, 22:39)LoveMovies Wrote: [ -> ]I moved from DuneHD to a Kodi player on a OdroidN2 platform. Everything works great, except the IR remote functionality which has a very slow event response (up to 1 second) and is also missing 20% of the key press events. I reused the DuneHD remote, which works very responsive on the DuneHD.

I use the latest Linux CoreElec version. My network speed is excellent, mouse response handling is excellent, CPU utilization under 10%. Kore client remote control is also excellent, no events are missed. I can play video's flawlessly and the response of mouse is excellent.

The issue is purely limited to the IR remote control handling in CoreElec/Kodi.

I increased the priority of the eventlircd process to N=19 but zero effect.

The IR remote control configuration process that I used was:
Configure Remote: https://wiki.libreelec.tv/infrared_remotes
systemctl stop kodi
systemctl stop eventlircd
irrecord -l | grep ^KEY
ir-keytable -t
Create /storage/.config/rc_keymaps/dunehd.conf with # table dunehd, type: nec
Create /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg with meson-ir * dunehd.conf
test table: ir-keytable -c -w /storage/.config/dunehd.conf
ir-keytable -a /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg -s rc0
systemctl start eventlircd
systemctl start kodi

I have two questions:
1. Has anybody experienced the same lagging behavior with IR remotes? What did you do to resolve the issue?
2. Which bug fixing steps should I follow to resolve the issue? Is there a logging possibility that records the time stamp of each function to pinpoint the issue?

Many thanks of your kind response :-)

ps: in case I accidentally posted in the wrong group... sorry and feel free to move it to the right group.

Did you solved somehow?
I ask you this because I use an Amlogic KI Pro running latest CoreELEC and have the same issue as yours. IR remote lags and randomly misses key events. I found that if I stop kodi via "systemctl stop kodi" and then test the remote with "ir-keytable -t", the remote is responsive again with no lags or missing keys. Apparently this is something to blame kodi for.