Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OSD won't go away when in full screen playing music (Firestick)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It used to, but now it doesn't. Even tried adding "<songinfoduration>5</songinfoduration>" to my advancedsettings.xml and no dice.

https://pastebin.com/PriEpe1z

I tried installing the Aura skin to see if that would fix it, but didn't. Even reinstalled kodi (from Downloader) over the old install. There doesn't appear to be any way to just reinstall Estuary, either.
What control device are you using? if it doesn't disappear automatically then this must have been overridden by something initiating a Info action request.
Yeah, looks like it was Yatse. I mostly use the FS remote, but connected Yatse, which I hadn't updated in quite a while, and there was some error message about compatibility. Don't really know when I first noticed the OSD not going away, but I'm sure it was around that time.

So thread solved, but I'm curious how Yatse could write something (or cause kodi to write something) that would override that setting. I've already done a full reinstall to fix it, but it seems it'd be easier to just edit a file somewhere. Or at least that a reinstall over the old install should have fixed it.
I think that the OSD setting will be written to the guisettings.xml file in your userdata directory and read back in when Kodi restarts.  On a completely fresh install, that file doesn't exist so Kodi creates a default one when it first starts.  From then on, it reads it whenever it starts up.  So, if you re-install but don't delete that file, Kodi will just read the settings back in again rather than create a new default version. That's probably how the setting persisted.
Default behaviour is to auto-hide the OSD after 10 sec, what you were seeing if what would happen if after the OSD disappeared you brought it back up again with Keyboard by pressing the I key and on a remote by pressing the Info (if it has one) which then sends the Info command to Kodi. As you've manually initiated the Info command the OSD will stay on screen until you press the key that brought it up again to dismiss it, even if you stop music and start music again Kodi will remember the previous state of the OSD having been manually opened, so will continue to display it until dismissed.

Not sure what Yatse has in terms of controls as I've never used used, but you must have somehow initiated the Info command, since I doubt Yatse would have done this by itself with no prompting.