Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Emulated Keystorkes Not Working after updating 18.6 stable.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone.

This is not something big but;

I used to use a remote which emulates the keystroke. Like left Arrow, Enter, etc. (Like programmable macro keys on gaming keyboards).
So when watching Kodi i was able to control kodi remotely.

But after i've updated 18.4 to 18.6 this keystrokes stops working.
Actually keystroke emulater is working on windows, but Kodi doesn't respond them.
For globally every application acts as i really pressed keyboard with this emulator. But kodi doesn't.
When I press a key on actual keyboard, kodi responds but not to emulated keystokes.

Windows 10 1909 64Bit - Kodi 18.6 (Not UWP downloaded and installed).

Thank you.
In settings>system>input enable mouse & touchpad, and configure attached controllers (get more)?
(2020-04-03, 00:52)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]In settings>system>input enable mouse & touchpad, and configure attached controllers (get more)?

Thank you for reply.
I've already tried that.

I think Kodi bypass windows, and reach directly to the keyboard in low-level anymore.
That's why emulators or macros (actually i've tried only one) not working. Kodi doesn't catch emulated keypresses.
(If this is possible i don't really know.)

I'm using a midi-contorller (Launchpad mini Mk2) so it is not probably supported as a contorller in Kodi settings Smile.

This is the way i use:
I've this midi controller for DAW's.
Recently i've discovered that i can also use this device like a keystroke launcher with "Bome's Midi Traslator Classic".

This software actually woks as below:
When a midi signal comes from selected MIDI device, it fires up a keystroke, launch a software, or run a command according to the key-macro assigned to this midi signal. It works just like Logitech's G-Macro keys.
Pro version has more features but I'm using this free version. And that's enough for me.

For example:
You can set a keystorke i.e: "Ctrl + Alt + Del" to a note i.e: C1.
So everytime this device sends a C1 (push C1 note on the device) software emulates "Ctrl + Alt + Del" keystroke.
I'm using this with some other softwares. And also like a stream deck Smile And it works just the way it is.

All software i've tried accepts this keystrokes until now.
Kodi 18.6 is the first software ignores these macros.

So:
I haven't seen such a noticable difference between 18.4 and 18.6.
I've updated because may be a newer version has a suppport for 10bit bt2020 movies to view correctly on 8bit sRGB monitor.
I'm still using Windows 10: "Movies And Tv" for 10bit movies. It shows perfect on my 8bit sRGB monitor.
Actually new VLC update is also good for watching 10bit bt2020 movies on 8bit sRGB monitor. But there is no app like Kodi Cool
May be i will downgrade to 18.4, until stable 19 release.
And watch 10bit bt2020 movies on Movies And Tv app or VLC. Sad

Thanks again.
I don't know what has happened, but itworks now.
Thread marked solved.