Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: BD-J menu error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everyone,

I'm very new to Kodi and recently I have started Backing up all my blu ray movies using the ISO format. Unfortunately some of my blu ray movies won't display the menus even after installing Java. Is there anyway to fix this issue? I have been searching the web and have found no fixes. Bellow are my computer specs.

. Intel Core i5 4690K
. MSI Z97-Gaming 5 Motherboard
. G.Skill Sniper F3-1600C9D-16GSR (2x8GB) 16GB DDR3
. MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8GB
. Corsair HX1000i 80 Plus Platinum 1000W Power Supply
. Samsung 850 Pro 128GB SSD
. Seagate Barracuda 3TB ST3000DM001
. LG GH24NSD1 24x SATA DVD-RW Drive OEM
. Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64bit OEM DVD
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
I believe this is correct - https://paste.kodi.tv/suzixireqi.kodi
(2020-04-03, 10:15)TheoWolf Wrote: [ -> ]I believe this is correct - https://paste.kodi.tv/suzixireqi.kodi

It is correct. Thank you.
The error is repeated:
ERROR: CBlurayDirectory::InitializeBluray - failed to open F:

For an unknown reason, you are dropping your CD/DVD on drive F:
I would suggest trying to change the drive letter in Windows "Disk Management" to another letter.
But maybe someone else will have a better answer for you.
Maybe try updating Kodi at the same time ?

xml:
NOTICE: Starting Kodi (18.0-RC5 Git:20190111-baff0a1838). Platform: Windows NT x86 64-bit
I have changed the drive letter to H as well as update kodi to the newest version and unfortunately this has not fixed the issue. I recently had a similar issue with VLC media player telling me that Java was required to play blu ray menus, however I fixed this by installing VLC 3.0.2.
(2020-04-03, 09:29)TheoWolf Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately some of my blu ray movies won't display the menus even after installing Java. Is there anyway to fix this issue? I have been searching the web and have found no fixes. Bellow are my computer specs.

You say some do not work? so does this mean that you do have working menus with some blu ray movies and that the issue is only with specific movies?

Could you also confirm what you currently have set for Blu-ray playback mode here https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Player/D...yback_mode as I don't see any mention of accessing anything to do with java in the log, it should be set to Show Blu-ray menu and if java is not available to Kodi then it will show an error message. If it is set to Show Blu-ray menu then toggle it to one of the other 2 options, then set back Show Blu-ray menu in order to force the java check to be performed.

Something else worth checking is that you have installed the x64 Java version as you're running the x64 version of Kodi.
(2020-04-03, 16:52)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-03, 09:29)TheoWolf Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately some of my blu ray movies won't display the menus even after installing Java. Is there anyway to fix this issue? I have been searching the web and have found no fixes. Bellow are my computer specs.

You say some do not work? so does this mean that you do have working menus with some blu ray movies and that the issue is only with specific movies?

Could you also confirm what you currently have set for Blu-ray playback mode here https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Player/D...yback_mode as I don't see any mention of accessing anything to do with java in the log, it should be set to Show Blu-ray menu and if java is not available to Kodi then it will show an error message. If it is set to Show Blu-ray menu then toggle it to one of the other 2 options, then set back Show Blu-ray menu in order to force the java check to be performed.

Something else worth checking is that you have installed the x64 Java version as you're running the x64 version of Kodi. 
Thank you so much, It's all working perfect now. I installed a 64 bit version of Java and I now no longer receive the BD-J menu error. I tested some of the movies that weren't working and they are showing the blu ray menus. thanks again, and cheers for everyone's help.