Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Options/Settings when using Ember Media Manager
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Big thanks to DanCooper for the continue updates to EMM.

I was using the previous beta version of EMM (must have been 3 or 4 years old) and just recently updated to the 1.5 version and even though I have been using EMM for quite some time, I have some pretty basic/simple questions which I probably should know the answers to by now.

I am using EMM, Kodi (via Nvidia TV Shield - 2017 version) and movies/tv shows stored on a NAS.

In Kodi settings, there are 5 options:
Use Video Tags
Extract video info from files
Extract thumbnails from files
Extract chapter thumbnails
Download actor thumbnails

All of these options are enabled. Since I am using EMM, should I be disabling some of them? And if so, is there anything else in Kodi settings I should be turning off? 

Gully
Use Video Tags (Disable, because Ember provides all metadata via NFO)
Extract video info from files (Enabled for fallback if e.g. no episode poster is available)
Extract thumbnails from files (Enabled or disabled, i think every movie get a poster from Ember, so also only as fallback so that you can see a crappy image as poster)
Extract chapter thumbnails (Enabled)
Download actor thumbnails (Enabled as fallback)
(2020-04-03, 21:09)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]Use Video Tags (Disable, because Ember provides all metadata via NFO)
Extract video info from files (Enabled for fallback if e.g. no episode poster is available)
Extract thumbnails from files (Enabled or disabled, i think every movie get a poster from Ember, so also only as fallback so that you can see a crappy image as poster)
Extract chapter thumbnails (Enabled)
Download actor thumbnails (Enabled as fallback)

As always....thank you.