Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Using and editing playlists
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to start using playlists.
I see some things which are unintuitive for me and I want to know, whether it is possible to change the behavior:
- First and the most important: in list editor I need to use context menu to add a song from left panel to the list (on the right). In my opinion it should be added by click/enter/OK on remote, so it should be the main, default action in this place.
- Editing the already existing list is also not comfortable. I've found such way: go to the lists menu, choose New list (instead of the one you want to edit!), then click Open and navigate to your list. In my opinion click (or keypress another default key) on the list should play it or edit  (or just ask, like in already started movies watch from begining or a moment of pause). Now it brings me to some kind of list preview, where I cannot edit it or clearly start to play it. Of course both actions are in context menu, but it is not comfortable.

Is this possible to change this things, especially the first one? I'm not asking for 'fix', because it may be expected behavior for others. But I don't want to worry about clicking and starting a song instead of adding it to the list.
Perhaps you're going about it in a convoluted way. 

If you go to settings->player->music you can select Queue songs on selection.  If you enable that then as you browse your library, any songs that you click on will be added to the current playlist.  The first added song will start playback and the rest will be added to the list.  To get to the current playlist, make sure you are in an album or artist view and simply press <left> to open the sideblade.  There should be an option there to 'Go to playlist'.  Selecting that will take you to the currently playing list. You can then edit the playlist using the context menu.
Thanks @black_eagle I’ve been using Kodi music for years and didn’t know I could access the current playlist and edit with the side menu.

I usually play music with an iPad remote app which has full playlist editing including drag and drop reordering, insert next (instead of last) but occasionally I’ll navigate in Kodi so your post is a great tip.

There’s also software apps that create and edit saved/permanent play lists. Music Media Helper (sticky thread here) has a tool for play lists (Windows app only), that supports audio and music videos (mixed) or separate play lists in Kodi.