Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HDR Renaming Tag for Movies/TV Shows Not Working?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi All-

Sorry I can't search for "HDR" as its too short for the forum search engine allows.

I wanted to ask and know if its possible to in renaming the files that are 4k with HDR in the name? Every movie I check that has HDR its blank in the settings under movie renaming. This for Spider-Man that has HDR in it.

Spider-Man (2002) (HEVC 2160p 10bit {HDR} AC3).mkv

I did see a recent update about HDR scanning, so I redid media info scanning on all of my 4k movies and renamed them but still the same issue, no HDR stuff showing, I even tried from the notes {H} tag, same result.

Thanks!
HDR is kinda deprecated.. Can you try the token ${hdrFormat}?
(2020-04-05, 13:48)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]HDR is kinda deprecated.. Can you try the token ${hdrFormat}?
Nothing shows, same as before. hdr H and hdrFormat all blank. Anything else I can check or try?
could you analyze this file with mediainfo and post the xml export on https://paste.kodi.tv/ ?
I have a feeling that this HDR format has not been detected in the file...
Hello,
I have the same problem..
There is never anything like value under ${movie.videoHDRFormat} even when ${movie.mediaInfoVideoBitDepth} is set to 10 so color resolution in 10 bits so HDR .. weird ..
maybe solution : if ${movie.mediaInfoVideoBitDepth}>8 then ${-hdr-,movie.mediaInfoVideoBitDepth,bit}
If the color resolution is 10 bits we must have HDR or is there also SDR in 10 bits?
I still have at least one movie that gives a value to ${movie.HDRFormat} ==> SMPTE ST 2094 App 4
So I tried it in the renamer.
${title}${-, edition,}($ {year})${videoFormat}${audioCodec}-${audioChannels}${-, 3Dformat,} [${if movie.videoHDRFormat}HDR${else}SDR${end}${-,movie.mediaInfoVideoBitDepth, bit}]
this give for example
Ant-Man (2015) 1080p DTSHD-HRA-6ch [SDR-10bit].mkv
Star Wars - L'Ascension de Skywalker (2019) 2160p AC3-6ch [HDR-10bit].mkv
I await your feedback .. The good one ..
in the HDRFormat field is the information libmediainfo offers via "HDR_Format_Commercial"; if we get anything from libmediainfo for this field we assume it is HDR.

if you are able to post some xml exports from mediainfo for your HDR files (via paste.kodi.tv), I can try to enhance this detection
If the color resolution is 10 bits we must have HDR or is there also SDR in 10 bits ?
https://paste.kodi.tv/ihevoqecep is another movie with ${movie.videoHDRFormat} give HDR10..
okay, 3 different movies with 3 different tags from mediainfo Sad

the only common field of those XMLs is the bitdepth of 10 bit... I am unsure if we can take this alone as an HDR indicator

but just to use the ${HDR} it would be possible that we just check:

a) is HDR_Format_Compatibility available in the mediainfo
b) is HDR_Format available in the mediainfo
c) is the BitDepth >= 10

if one of these checks is fulfilled we can assume that the video is HDR - am I right?
(2020-04-11, 14:21)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]okay, 3 different movies with 3 different tags from mediainfo Sad

the only common field of those XMLs is the bitdepth of 10 bit... I am unsure if we can take this alone as an HDR indicator

but just to use the ${HDR} it would be possible that we just check:

a) is HDR_Format_Compatibility available in the mediainfo
b) is HDR_Format available in the mediainfo
c) is the BitDepth >= 10

if one of these checks is fulfilled we can assume that the video is HDR - am I right?

Yes, 3 movies and 3 different tag ==> bad news
I did some research and apparently it is possible to have a 10bit SDR video.
I'm not sure that BitDepth> = 10 is enough to say that the video is HDR.
one other => https://paste.kodi.tv/awusifarut
I found that, it's old but it can help determine if HDR or not

" If a files shows it to have the HEVC or AVC codec does that mean that the video definitely has HDR?
No.
Usually it is encoded in 10 or even 12 bit depth. And it uses BT.2020 colorspace, SMPTE ST 2084 transfer. You should see the values for min and max luminance. Max luminance for HDR is somewhere in the 1,000 to 10,000 nits (cd/m2) range. Currently mostly 1,000. SDR only 100.
The above is usually called "HDR10" or "PQ". There are additional standards incl. HLG and Dolby Vision. I haven't seen those yet. "
from > https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/3831...-%28HDR%29
So, after some research I start to see more clearly
when movies has <color primaries> BT709 it's just like HDTV no HDR..
BT2020 and SMPTE ST 2086 ==> It's for HDR10
SMPTE 2094-40 App4 ==> It's for HDR10+
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-dynam...DisplayHDR
So mediainfo see true..
And I think there is a lot of film circulating on the net marked HDR simply because they are 10bit but if they are encoded with BT709 mediaInfo will not see them as HDR, which is just, they are simply encoded in HDTV quality.
I don't know if all this will help but the way I applied to rename my files seems good.
Pages: 1 2