Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problem with audio configuration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have some problem to understand audio configuration in windows OS. I explain my needs and my setup, in order to have all info.
I own a videoprojector 1080p, and I have for audio management a preanplifier Onkio PR-SSC886, and some power amplifier for a 5.1 setup.
Onkio preamplifier is able to decode a lot of audio stream, dolby digital, Dolby True HD, DTS, DTS master audio, Dolbi digital +.
Untuil now, I used KODI with a old amlogic hardware and Kodi 17 with libreelec without any problem, and I was able to play DVB_T TV (with Tvheadend), and many movie from my personal collection on hard disk.
Now I changed my box with a windows 10 box, a beelink BT4, because I need to see also Amazon Prime Video, And Amlogic have problem also if I upgrade Kodi 17 with 18 Leia (coreelec).
Beelink box is ok for Amazon, and also I'm able to see DVB-T TV using NextPVR Client.
My problem with Windows10 are in audio configuration.
I make a premise: in windows, the audio setup does not detect the possibility of my preamplifier to decode DTS MA and Dolby True HD, so I'm trying to have these streams decoded in Kodi. But this is not a my main problem.
In KODI audio configuration I have two areas: first output audio, second the passtrough audio and I can choice different device.
My firs try was with WASAPI in both areas. With this setup, all stream that use passtrough work ok, without any problem. But I have a lot of problem with stream decoded from kodi. For example, DVB-T televison is stuttering at start, and audio is out of syncn when buffering is ok. Sometimes work ok but normally I have problem. to a lesser extent even with films on hard disk, for example in DTS-MA I have a bad result.
So, I tried to use DIRECTSOUND as output device but WASAPI for passtrough.
With this setup I don't have anymore out of sync and bufferiong problem, but The output is always in 5.1 Multichannel, also when original audio is only Stereo (like some movie and dvb-t TV). So, I'm unable to decoding correct the strem audio (in dolby prologic, for example) because I have audio only on left and right speaker.
The best compromise actually is checking stereo upmix, but result of KODI upmix is very bad respect upmix prologic of my Onkio.
DIRECTSOUND and WASABI output in very different way audi. WASABI, if media have a stero audio, output a stereo audio and this is ok. DIRECTSOUND "push" a stereo audio on the LEFT and RIGHT channel in a 5.1 channel streaming. This is wrong!
Now, maybe I'm not have a correct setup but I need help because is many days that I'm trying with all combination.
Beside, last but not least, With DIRECTSOUND I must configure my audio in OS at 5.1. This is not a problem, but sometimes OS loose the setup and I must re-setup it and this is very boring.
I hope that someone can help me.