Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Unusual VIDEO_TS.IFO playback issue for TV Shows only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running into an unusual problem with TV Show playback from DVD folder structures.  Debug log - https://paste.kodi.tv/pokokumozu.kodi.

When I navigate to a TV Series, then select a season, then select the episode to play, the "loading" indicator is displayed for a moment, then disappears, but playback does not start. 
This is followed by two errors in the kodi.log (lines 751 & 752):
Code:
ERROR: CDVDDemuxFFmpeg::Open - error probing input format, smb://DFS/Media/TV/Aqua Teen Hunger Force (2000)/Season 01/Disc 1 - S01E01-02-03-04-05-06-07/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO
ERROR: CVideoPlayer::OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer
I've tried dozens of my TV Shows and all exhibit this behavior.
  • Oddly, If I bring up the context menu for the exact same episode & select play, playback works as expected.  (see lines 797 onward in attached log.)  This indicates to me that it's not a problem with the library entry, folder permissions, file format, etc.
  • Playback of .mpg, .mp4, .wtv, etc files works as expected.
  • Items in the Movie Library stored in DVD folder structures also work as expected.

I'm using Kodi 18.6, Estuary Skin, on Windows 10.  I think this problem started after upgrading Kodi from 18.5 to 18.6 but an not 100% certain of that.
I was able to resolve this issue by resetting the following settings screens to their defaults.

Settings > System > Display
Settings > System > Audio
Settings > Player > Videos
Love it when users do the solve (in the future full logs and not snippets are requested).

Thread marked solved.
(2020-04-06, 03:51)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]Love it when users do the solve (in the future full logs and not snippets are requested).

Thread marked solved.

Thanks @PatK full debug log is in original post using paste.kodi.tv.  Snippets are just for emphasis.