Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Multiple media sources with duplicate entries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Basically, I have a media server. My friend has a media server. we both have FTP set up on them & adding his library to mine is not the problem. The problem is that we have some movies/tv shows in common & so kodi just adds everything it sees to the library, which creates duplicate entries, as it is programmed to do.

What i'm wondering, is there a way to somehow set a media source as primary, and ignore duplicates from secondaries? deleting items in common is not an option at this time.

Thanks.
There is a number of choices Syncing and sharing (wiki) and quite a few users use MySQL in a central NAS to keep multiple device up.

HOW-TO:Share libraries using UPnP (wiki) File sharing (wiki) and HOW-TO:Share libraries using UPnP (wiki) are starting points.
(2020-04-07, 05:24)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]There is a number of choices Syncing and sharing (wiki) and quite a few users use MySQL in a central NAS to keep multiple device up.

HOW-TO:Share libraries using UPnP (wiki) File sharing (wiki) and HOW-TO:Share libraries using UPnP (wiki) are starting points.

Thanks for the super quick reply!

Will this solution work remotely? The servers are not on the same network.
(2020-04-07, 06:43)watlingj Wrote: [ -> ]Will this solution work remotely? The servers are not on the same network.
Syncing and sharing (wiki) section 1.2 Over the internet should offer some solutions and File sharing (wiki) FTP: and HTTP: are supported. Suggest you peruse the wiki's available and take a deep dive into the forum threads.