Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Is there a way to recover remote keys, insead of screen buttons in Android remotes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to get back "real" remote keys for play, stop, pause, fast forward or rewind in Android remote controls?

It seems to have been a decision made by people that thought they were very intelligent, and they were very dumb.

Or by people that didn't want people to have real control on what their recorded programs did, and forcefully decided they thought was "best".

Why nobody was asked about such decision? Such remote controls suck, and you only use them because there's no other. But I'm sure if someone comes along and decides to go back to how remotes were before, they will be very welcome.

Some claim it was because people were used to old ways, when in fact it was something that comes in video machines since they were invented, and for a good reason. Reasons that those that modified the remotes may not agree with, but it's not their decision to make. We are the users, and we have to decide what we want.

And I'm pretty sure there's somebody out there planning to put back things together as they have to be.
Strange post, just seems like a very vague rant. In Kodi you can map the keys to whatever you want using the Keymap Editor, if that's what you're asking.
(2020-04-07, 22:21)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]Strange post, just seems like a very vague rant. In Kodi you can map the keys to whatever you want using the Keymap Editor, if that's what you're asking.

No, it is not so. You need the actual physical keys on the remote, not on the screen. Can't you see that is what I'm talking about?

Real buttons is what we need.
(2020-04-07, 22:46)carlmart Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-07, 22:21)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]Strange post, just seems like a very vague rant. In Kodi you can map the keys to whatever you want using the Keymap Editor, if that's what you're asking.

No, it is not so. You need the actual physical keys on the remote, not on the screen. Can't you see that is what I'm talking about?

Real buttons is what we need. 
Given this is a Kodi software forum I assumed you were asking about the Kodi software, not Android Hardware which Kodi doesn't make.

Anyway to answer your question, there are loads of Remote controls which have hardware keys for Play/Pause/Rewind/Fwd etc - Mele, SkyStream, Minix, MX3 etc etc...