Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-05-22, 17:02)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]the unofficial versions of the add-on allow you to use Media Info view.

Thank you so much for the links and explanation. Installed the Unofficial Repo and updated the addon on Kodi and now I'm signed in. Great!
The not so great part is that I don't have the 'Media Info' view?
I mean I double checked to make sure that the Repo zip is the unofficial one v1.0.0 (this one), but for some reason I only have 'List', 'Big List', and 'Thumbnail' views available.

Will be keeping it for now to troubleshoot my original problem (erratic video loading and playing behavior), but would appreciate any advice on how to get the 'Media Info' view. Honestly, it's a must for video description and won't be using the addon without it.
@ifelsethenend
The update may have chosen the official repository version/package cache automatically.
Open the context menu on the YouTube add-on, choose Information, choose Update, then select the version from the unofficial repository.
(2019-05-23, 16:23)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@ifelsethenend
The update may have chosen the official repository version/package cache automatically.
Open the context menu on the YouTube add-on, choose Information, choose Update, then select the version from the unofficial repository.

So, I'm starting to pull my hair here!
I made sure that the addon is the unofficial one but no Media view. So I simply uninstalled the whole addon and the repo and I downloaded the zip file for the addon directly from here
https://github.com/jdf76/repository/blob...-6.4.1.zip
Installed it and now I have Media view and all others. Great! I thought my troubles are done. Oh no, now I can't sign in again!

I'm getting the window that says I will need to make 2 authentications. I click ok. It gives me a code to input at google.com/device, so I do that and authenticate it using my gmail account, the page says it's done (with baloons and stuff) and now go back to your device, but my device is simply stuck. Nothing is happeneing. The window with the code is still there with the same code and the laoding bar underneath is not even moving. I wait for some time and it just gives and error and back to the main menu of the addon with the Sign In option.

I tried doing that several times but it's all the same outcome.

One thing I noticed though is that sometimes the code I'm given is 3 pairs of 3 letters each and some other times it's 2 pairs of 4 letters each. I have no control over it, it's just random.

Please someone help me please.
Thank you.

Edit:
Going to my google account and checking the authurized apps I can 2 already 1 for Kodi and 1 for Youtube TV.
Having issues with this addon.
Version 6.4.1 from kodi repo
Kodi 18.2 running on nvidia shield, using auramod skin.

When I open the YouTube addon it keeps asking me to execute the wizard. I do this and input correct details (English,UK etc..). It then asks if I want to use my geo location. Not seen this before,is this new?

Anyway, few seconds after inputilting this it asks me for it again!

The aurumod skin I use allows me to view trailers which then uses YouTube to get them and again this popup shows wanting me to execute the wizard.

I've uninstalled it and installed a previous version but still the same.
I've just noticed if I go tot the settings they are blank! Somethings not right but i cant put my finger on it. Even if I use estuary skin I get the same problem
Hi,

is it possible to repeat infinitely a youtube playlist?

Thanks
Thomas
Has anybody else noticed that on some Youtube channels the list of videos is not in chronological order in kodi?  It's been bugging me for a while now and causes me to miss videos because they end up appearing on later pages.

A good example is JustKiddingNews channel.  They past multiple videos per day (not sure if that has anything to do with it).

With default, date or date added sort order it misses some videos compared to youtube in a browser.  I'm using addon version 6.4.0.

Kodi...

Browser (red X means missing from Kodi)...

Then as I look through the pages in kodi some videos appear like the 7th missing one is on page 3!

And if I use search in the channel I find the first missing one (Notice the date is correct in the info so I would expect it to show up on page 1)...

Can someone else confirm what I get?
my youtube is not playing 4K videos , it shows 4K Video while i browse for a 4K video but when i play it plays 1920X1080P , i have Android 4K TV. it plays 4K in my Kodi without any issues but when i play 4K in youtube it shows me the option of 4K but the playback plays in 1920X1080P.
Could someone test this video? It gave me a runtime error (Kodi crash) twice and now it just refuses to play.

Also, does anyone know why some videos even do this? I encounter one every so often, but usually 95% of videos work perfectly...

TIA
(2019-06-02, 16:29)WeirdH Wrote: [ -> ]Could someone test this video? It gave me a runtime error (Kodi crash) twice and now it just refuses to play.

Also, does anyone know why some videos even do this? I encounter one every so often, but usually 95% of videos work perfectly...

TIA
Works OK for me

YouTube Plug-in version 6.4.1
Windows 10 Desktop
Kodi 18.2 (4/22/19)
@ifelsethenend 
You can remove any authorized apps that aren't in use on your google account. The login code does vary between 3 sets of 3 or 2 sets of 4.
Will need a debug log (wiki) reproducing the login issue.

@mattyspurs76
Need a debug log (wiki) reproducing the issue/opening empty settings, to hopefully see what's causing the issue.

@t.dittrich
https://kodi.wiki/view/Basic_playlists 

@littlebat52
I can confirm this is happening, it appears to be a disparity between the public and private api.

@dheerajpareek10 
Need a debug log (wiki) with an attempt to play a video 4k+ video to see what is happening.

@WeirdH
Without a log I'd guess you are experiencing https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo...issues/610
If you think it's a different issue, please provide a debug log (wiki)
(2019-06-02, 17:57)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@WeirdH
Without a log I'd guess you are experiencing https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo...issues/610
If you think it's a different issue, please provide a debug log (wiki)

Thanks for your reply. Just tested and it is indeed this issue. I guess I'll have to wait for an update to InputStream then.
(2019-05-24, 14:39)ifelsethenend Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-23, 16:23)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@ifelsethenend

So, I'm starting to pull my hair here!
I made sure that the addon is the unofficial one but no Media view. So I simply uninstalled the whole addon and the repo and I downloaded the zip file for the addon directly from here
https://github.com/jdf76/repository/blob...-6.4.1.zip
Installed it and now I have Media view and all others. Great! I thought my troubles are done. Oh no, now I can't sign in again!

I'm getting the window that says I will need to make 2 authentications. I click ok. It gives me a code to input at google.com/device, so I do that and authenticate it using my gmail account, the page says it's done (with baloons and stuff) and now go back to your device, but my device is simply stuck. Nothing is happeneing. The window with the code is still there with the same code and the laoding bar underneath is not even moving. I wait for some time and it just gives and error and back to the main menu of the addon with the Sign In option.

I tried doing that several times but it's all the same outcome.

One thing I noticed though is that sometimes the code I'm given is 3 pairs of 3 letters each and some other times it's 2 pairs of 4 letters each. I have no control over it, it's just random.

Please someone help me please.
Thank you.

Edit:
Going to my google account and checking the authurized apps I can 2 already 1 for Kodi and 1 for Youtube TV.

I had the same identical problem until I noticed the Google site was warning me of suspicious activity and if it's you then click ok. Once I did that, I was able to do the two step verification without fail. I received an email warning and an actual warning icon on my phone which I had to answer.

Hope this solves your problem because it eluded me for hours trying to get the darn thing to work until I did the above...
(2019-05-24, 16:40)mattyspurs76 Wrote: [ -> ]Having issues with this addon.
Version 6.4.1 from kodi repo
Kodi 18.2 running on nvidia shield, using auramod skin.

When I open the YouTube addon it keeps asking me to execute the wizard. I do this and input correct details (English,UK etc..). It then asks if I want to use my geo location. Not seen this before,is this new?

Anyway, few seconds after inputilting this it asks me for it again!

The aurumod skin I use allows me to view trailers which then uses YouTube to get them and again this popup shows wanting me to execute the wizard.

I've uninstalled it and installed a previous version but still the same.
I've just noticed if I go tot the settings they are blank! Somethings not right but i cant put my finger on it. Even if I use estuary skin I get the same problem
I've updated post #2 with 6.5.0~alpha1
Code:
[add] Video quality selection to Settings - MPEG-DASH
[add] Limit to 30fps to Settings - MPEG-DASH
[fix] unescape html entities in title and plot
[fix] handling of invalid grant when refreshing access token
[fix] adding suggested videos when played from some widgets
[fix] http server /client_ip using Python 3 |contrib: t6|
[upd] refactor youtube_resolver.resolve
[lang] es_es strings |contrib: roliverosc|

@WeirdH The changes required to add the video quality setting also work around the issue you reported.
Using the latest version of CoreELEC 9.0.2 and the current 6.4.1 YouTube plugin. Configured to use InputStream. I find that the "Busy" popup is spending more and more time on my screen. After a video has ended, I have to wait 5-10 seconds for the "busy" to disappear so that I can continue browsing.

This behavior has been going on for a couple months, with various setting changes, updates and tweaking to no avail.