Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-09-11, 22:58)Furby8704 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-11, 22:30)Sobersally Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand how to fix my youtube with this information. I am a newbie so please be patient with me.

add beta repo in addons and will automatically update to the latest beta

github

thx
Looks like everything is working again; very quick folks!  Thank You!  I really use this add-on a lot.
Can anyone try at least the most recent 2 videos from this channel and see if they work for some reason I have problems with this channel.the videos don’t seem to play.

https://www.youtube.com/user/1320video
Thanksssssss its working  Big Grin Blush
(2019-09-12, 04:28)lordvandad Wrote: [ -> ]Thanksssssss its working  Big Grin Blush
Hi, thanks for the fix but every time I do a search on the youtube 6.2 beta version and watch something from the list, when done with the video, the search box comes up blank and knocks me out and it shows working but doesn't stop.  Takes me right out to video addon menu.  Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the fix to the addon, but the search function is a little whacked. Just a heads up.

Thanks again!
(2019-09-12, 06:06)Sobersally Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, thanks for the fix but every time I do a search on the youtube 6.2 beta version and watch something from the list, when done with the video, the search box comes up blank and knocks me out and it shows working but doesn't stop.  Takes me right out to video addon menu.  Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the fix to the addon, but the search function is a little whacked. Just a heads up.

Thanks again!
Never mind regarding the search function. Seems to have ironed itself out.
(2019-09-11, 21:29)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@roman_mzv 
I tried adding some protection against this, not sure atm why it's only happening to you.

@Han Solo 
userdata (wiki)/Database/MyVideos###.db

@och29 
Haven't found a possible cause yet

@Mashiro-sama 
I think some work is required and being done in Kodi 19 for this.

@lysyi 
Yes, perform the search in the YouTube addon with debug log (wiki) enabled, and you'll see the url used in the log.

@muriloferraz
In this rare case use;
Code:
import xbmc
xbmc.executebuiltin("RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?playlist_id=PLn9tst_548zXssIHOo9f5H3p_gkfpojOT&order=shuffle&play=1)")

@Jester 
It is, example usage of that module is https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo...g.txt#L336

@eusergiofontes
It should work, would need a debug log (wiki) and example playlist to look into it further.

Sorry if I missed anyone, please try 6.5.2~beta2(see below) and if the issue persists please @ me with a new debug log (wiki)

I've updated post #2 and the repositories with v6.5.2~beta2
Code:
[fix] playback (No streams found)
[fix] missing metadata
[fix] check for and convert unexpected timestamp format

I've tried a few things suggested in the thread but even with the new beta version, it isn't working for me.
Message "no streams found" doesn't pop anymore, it simply goes back to the list.

Debug log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/tatanopelo.kodi

Thank you so much for all your efforts to help us!
@anxdpanic

I've tried a few things suggested in the thread but even with the new beta version, it isn't working for me.
Message "no streams found" doesn't pop anymore, it simply goes back to the list.

Debug log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/tatanopelo.kodi

Thank you so much for all your efforts to help us!
I can confirm what jmnpp above is saying: videos are failing again, but with no on-screen error message this time.

However, dash streams are working ok for now.

Non-dash streams were working for a few hours after the original fix, then stopped. I then switched to dash, where I have seen no problems so far. (I prefer not to use dash, as there is often a long delay before audio resumes after skipping through a video.)
@jmnpp - per the forum rules (wiki) that you agreed to and accepted when you signed up here we don't support devices containing banned addons (wiki) that violate our piracy policy (wiki). Yours is infested with them, and whilst they are installed help and support is not available here. If you want it, please abide by the rules and remove them.

The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
(2019-09-12, 14:45)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]@jmnpp - per the forum rules (wiki) that you agreed to and accepted when you signed up here we don't support devices containing banned addons (wiki) that violate our piracy policy (wiki). Yours is infested with them, and whilst they are installed help and support is not available here. If you want it, please abide by the rules and remove them.

The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.

Lolol.. thanks, I use nothing in there other than YouTube, Netflix, and occasionally Twitch and Daily Motion, so you actually encouraged me to clean all the rubbish repos and add-ons.

All working fine, cheers!
I don't know how to say, but I am still using version 6.5.1 from 2017 and without a change today I am able to show videos again.
Seems, Google has rolled back, whatever caused the trouble...
Same here. Let's hope it stays that way. But somehow i doubt it.