Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just to confirm the last two posts, I just rolled back from the beta to 6.5.1 (last stable version), and now all streams work again, dash and non-dash.
I take that back, some videos will play in 6.5.1 but a few won't unless I switch to dash.
I tried beta2 and is same but without message on the screen. Is it working for everyone?
It's all ok for me. I'm using 6.5.2.beta
I am using Kodi 18.4 on an nVidia Shield, and am having a different problem with both the 6.5.1 and the 6.5.2.beta2 version of the Youtube plugin. Everything seems to work fine, until I go to a channel that I am subscribed to. It will not show any of the new videos that have been added since yesterday. The videos it does display, will play fine. To fix the issue, I have tried the following: disabling/ re-enabling inputstream-adaptive, disabling/ re-enabling my private API key, logging out and back in, and uninstalling/ reinstalling the plugin from scratch. None of these steps fixed the issue.

Here is the log from the last time I tried to fix the issue. Log

Thank you very much for your time.
(2019-09-13, 08:41)linesma Wrote: [ -> ]I am using Kodi 18.4 on an nVidia Shield, and am having a different problem with both the 6.5.1 and the 6.5.2.beta version of the Youtube plugin. Everything seems to work fine, until I go to a channel that I am subscribed to. It will not show any of the new videos that have been added since yesterday. The videos it does display, will play fine. To fix the issue, I have tried the following: disabling/ re-enabling inputstream-adaptive, disabling/ re-enabling my private API key, logging out and back in, and uninstalling/ reinstalling the plugin from scratch. None of these steps fixed the issue.

I have seen this issue a few times in the last 6 months or so. If you're patient, the videos will appear at a later time. (hours, not days).
(2019-09-13, 13:31)blueribb Wrote: [ -> ]I have seen this issue a few times in the last 6 months or so. If you're patient, the videos will appear at a later time. (hours, not days). 

Thank you for the  reply. I will give it a try again in the morning.
(2019-09-13, 08:41)linesma Wrote: [ -> ]I am using Kodi 18.4 on an nVidia Shield, and am having a different problem with both the 6.5.1 and the 6.5.2.beta version of the Youtube plugin. Everything seems to work fine, until I go to a channel that I am subscribed to. It will not show any of the new videos that have been added since yesterday. The videos it does display, will play fine. To fix the issue, I have tried the following: disabling/ re-enabling inputstream-adaptive, disabling/ re-enabling my private API key, logging out and back in, and uninstalling/ reinstalling the plugin from scratch. None of these steps fixed the issue.

Same thing happens to me Sad sometimes it helps to restart kodi but normally not. I'm using a Windows 10 pc.
(2019-09-11, 21:29)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@roman_mzv 
I tried adding some protection against this, not sure atm why it's only happening to you.

I've updated post #2 and the repositories with v6.5.2~beta2
Code:
[fix] playback (No streams found)
[fix] missing metadata
[fix] check for and convert unexpected timestamp format
Thank you anxdpanic! v6.5.2~beta2 seems to work fine. I haven't encountered any more errors since updating vo v6.5.2~beta2 from the official developtment repo.
I just get error on You Tube on opening kodi last few days. Nothing seems to work for me. I have tried updating to beta but no luck. Hope you get to the bottom of it.
I'm using 2 Rpi's with LibreElec 9.0.2 (Kodi 18) and Milhouse latest dev. build for Kodi 19. Both have the Kodi repo version of the youtube addon (v. 6.5.1). Video's newer than september 12th are not showing in the channels I have added to my Kodi favorites. I don't sign, simply use the favorites option in Kodi to check for new videos.

I've tried the 6.5.2~beta2 from the off. dev. channel on the Kodi 19 dev. version to no avail, videos newer than september 12th do not show up in the list (and I know for sure there are newer one's).

Please look in to this. If you need a logfile let me know, I'll post it here.

Regs,

(fixed typo)
(2019-09-14, 13:30)charlieroot Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using 2 Rpi's with LibreElec 9.0.2 (Kodi 18) and Milhouse latest dev. build for Kodi 19. Both have the Kodi repo version of the youtube addon (v.6.5.1). Video's newer than september 12th are not showing in the channels if have added to my Kodi favorites. I don't sign, simply use the favorites option in Kodi to check for new videos.

I've tried the 6.5.2~beta2 from the off. dev. channel on the Kodi 19 dev. version to no avail, videos newer than september 12th do not show up in the list (and I know for sure there are newer one's).

Regs,

I can partially confirm previous post. The videos in subscribed channels appeared later, than on YouTube website or YouTube app. And delay time is not consistent. On some channels it is near two days. On another 20 hours. I checked severals channels and got different values.
If I have viewed video on website then it is appeared in the history list of kodi plugin. But not in the subscribed channel.

Another problem is that there are some videos, that stop playing after several minutes. Just holds on some place. And rewind forward/backward does not help. Stop also dose not help.
Example: On 4:20 that video stops playing https://youtu.be/ZJUdvO7v7G8

Kodi Leila 18.1. Windows 10. Tried 6.5.1. Then 6.5.2~beta2. Both problems.

Are someone here can compare youtube website channel content and plugin channel content?
(2019-09-14, 13:30)charlieroot Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using 2 Rpi's with LibreElec 9.0.2 (Kodi 18) and Milhouse latest dev. build for Kodi 19. Both have the Kodi repo version of the youtube addon (v.6.5.1). Video's newer than september 12th are not showing in the channels if have added to my Kodi favorites. I don't sign, simply use the favorites option in Kodi to check for new videos.
Regs,

I confirm the problem. Video on many channels in the plugin appears later than on the site for 1-2 days.
Kodi 18.4. AlexElec 3.1.3 (http://www.alexelec.in.ua). Yotube Plugin 6.5.2.beta2 (I also tried earlier versions. The problem is the same.)
I can confirm it too - but i figured out that's only a problem if go to (sorry don't know the english names for it) "Abos" and than over the single channels.
If you go to "MEINE Abos", where you see only the newest videos from all your channels, there are all videos (watched some even before i got the notification from YT)
I am receiving an error message from YouTube in regards to my Daily Limit being exceeded. I have never had this issue using my current API keys, plus I've not even use it for the entire day.

Error msg:
txt:
2019-09-15 13:26:24.593 T:140252190586624   ERROR: [plugin.video.youtube] Error reason: |dailyLimitExceeded| with message: |Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/ap...9960875614|

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Shedrock