Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, everybody

Is there a way to configure the API keys of the add-on via ssh, i.e with command line?

Thanks in advance
(2019-09-21, 15:32)anten.puzl Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-19, 06:43)neo_ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-19, 06:20)neo_ Wrote: [ -> ]Same exact problem here. Running Leia on CoreELEC all the newest stable. Been happening for a day or two now.  
Update: FIXED issue by enabling mpeg-dash videos. I previously only had it enabled for Live videos.

(YouTube Settings --> MPEG-DASH --> "Use for Videos" needs to be enabled 

Have same problem. But this switch not aviable and i cant change it. How to fix?

I wondered too but you need to install another addon to enable it. I installed it and then I could enable dash in the settings in the yt addon

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:InputStream_Adaptive
(2019-09-21, 19:51)brainwaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-21, 15:32)anten.puzl Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-19, 06:43)neo_ Wrote: [ -> ]Update: FIXED issue by enabling mpeg-dash videos. I previously only had it enabled for Live videos.

(YouTube Settings --> MPEG-DASH --> "Use for Videos" needs to be enabled 

Have same problem. But this switch not aviable and i cant change it. How to fix? 

I wondered too but you need to install another addon to enable it. I installed it and then I could enable dash in the settings in the yt addon

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:InputStream_Adaptive 
thanks. now its ok.
(2019-09-21, 16:06)mfck Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, everybody

Is there a way to configure the API keys of the add-on via ssh, i.e with command line?

Thanks in advance
I use 'vi' to edit the ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/settings.xml and api_keys.json files...
(2019-09-21, 21:40)Yubby Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-21, 16:06)mfck Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, everybody

Thanks in advance
I use 'vi' to edit the ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/settings.xml and api_keys.json files...
Thanks, that was it.

Now who will be kind enough to explain to me how to enable the HTTP Server that MPEG-DASH demands to work, please?
The plugin (6.5.1. as well as 6.5.2 beta3) started to crash on me throwing Python errors. Basically it refuses to work at all. Is it the plugin or is it Libreelec? Log below
Code:
2019-09-22 11:40:32.665 T:2391483248   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/special/new_uploaded_vi
deos_tv/?reload=2019092209154020190922093849
2019-09-22 11:40:32.906 T:2493186928   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the f
ollowing error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
                                            Error Contents: Extra data: line 19 column 4 - line 20 column 2 (char 921 - 924)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py", line 1
2, in <module>
                                                from youtube_plugin import youtube
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/yout
ube/__init__.py", line 11, in <module>
                                                from .provider import Provider
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/yout
ube/provider.py", line 21, in <module>
                                                from ..youtube.client import YouTube
ube/client/__init__.py", line 11, in <module>
                                                from .youtube import YouTube
ube/client/youtube.py", line 16, in <module>
                                                from .login_client import LoginClient
ube/client/login_client.py", line 17, in <module>
                                                from .__config__ import api, youtube_tv, developer_keys, keys_changed
ube/client/__config__.py", line 221, in <module>
                                                _api_check = APICheck(__context, __settings)
ube/client/__config__.py", line 30, in __init__
                                                self._am_jstore = LoginTokenStore()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodi
on/json_store/login_tokens.py", line 17, in __init__
                                                JSONStore.__init__(self, 'access_manager.json')
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodi
on/json_store/json_store.py", line 34, in __init__
                                                self.load()
on/json_store/json_store.py", line 54, in load
                                                data = json.load(jsonfile)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 291, in load
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 339, in loads
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 367, in decode
                                            ValueError: Extra data: line 19 column 4 - line 20 column 2 (char 921 - 924)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
2019-09-22 11:40:35.973 T:2374697840   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/channel/mine/playlist/L
LoMCgJ1EA435VifUa3S--MA/?reload=2019092209154020190922093849
(2019-09-22, 11:47)Wojtek Wrote: [ -> ]The plugin (6.5.1. as well as 6.5.2 beta3) started to crash on me throwing Python errors. Basically it refuses to work at all. Is it the plugin or is it Libreelec? Log below
Post the full debug log, improves debugging.

jonib
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
2 Q about the use of the addon.
1) Can I make a search with duration ? How I limit a search results to only 30 min and up videos? or any additional parameter.
2) Why the search results in the addon are different than the ones in the YouTube app?
 I found few videos in the app but they are not at all in the addon search results.

Thank you.
(2019-09-22, 12:25)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug

Sure, I acted like a total moron, sorry Smile . Here's the log (turned Debug Log on, restarted, tried to fire up YT, plugin crashes at log line 1340, reboot again): https://paste.kodi.tv/iqajasidos.kodi
Hi!

I'm trying to play with an external player, and in the settings there's this option:
Settings=>Advanced=>Support alternative player

It does work fine, but not with MPEG-DASH enabled,because it loops it to the inputstream adaptive addon,(I think)
example; "http://127.0.0.1:50152/Cln0J87vulU.mpd"
The Retrospect addon does send the mpd to the external player, and it works fine.
I wish the youtube addon could do the same, as my external player supports it.
(2019-09-22, 17:31)asik1 Wrote: [ -> ]2 Q about the use of the addon.
1) Can I make a search with duration ? How I limit a search results to only 30 min and up videos? or any additional parameter.
2) Why the search results in the addon are different than the ones in the YouTube app?
 I found few videos in the app but they are not at all in the addon search results.

Thank you.

Specify 'Youtube app" ?  (do you mean web browser ?)
(2019-09-24, 00:34)Yubby Wrote: [ -> ]

Thank you.

No, there is android YT app.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...id.youtube
I think the the addon is based on it, isn't it?
(2019-09-24, 00:34)Yubby Wrote: [ -> ]

Thank you.

No, there is android YT app.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...id.youtube
And it gives different search results.
I've been getting the following while trying to play some of the videos on my Watch list.
txt:
13:02:27 T:1970706912  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (6.5.1) on Jarvis (Kodi-16.1) with Python 2.6.5
                                                Path: /play/
                                                Params: {'video_id': 'AT2wzQq7kx0'}
13:02:27 T:1970706912   ERROR: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/packages/urllib3/util/ssl_.py:335: SNIMissingWarning: An HTTPS request has been made, but the SNI (Subject Name Indication) extension to TLS is not available on this platform. This may cause the server to present an incorrect TLS certificate, which can cause validation failures. You can upgrade to a newer version of Python to solve this. For more information, see https://urllib3.readthedocs.io/en/latest...l-warnings
                                              SNIMissingWarning

Similar posts on this thread recommend installing a 6.0 beta version to fix this issue but I'm on 6.5.1 and still getting this. My google searches suggest that the reason is my old Kodi version (I have one Android TV box where I can't install a more recent release) but this only seems to happen with some of the items on my watch list and only when I try to watch them in HD, I can still play them in SD or audio only. Is there a known fix for this? Was the fix included in that beta removed at a later date for some reason?

Thanks.