Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-11-20, 21:51)powermarcel10 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Since 2 days my Youtube on kodi is not working anymore.. It looks like the video starts playig but than stops. the rest of my addons and videos/movies are playing fine.. Are there more perople with this problem? Has Youtube changed something on ther side?

This might be the problem.

https://github.com/peak3d/inputstream.ad...issues/350
Hi @anxdpanic and after many times i comes back to report a little issue whit latest 6.5.2 unofficial.
The little issue/troubles it's speak about the thumbnail of video, for example, when i navigate the "My Subscription" section or any other section.
Usually on my kodi setup...... recently a stable version of osmc whit kodi 18.5 as been released. I have upgrade my raspberry pi2 setup. For Skin i use "Estuary Mod V2" upgraded following the proper thread here on same forum and that it's the issue:
When i navigate, for example, the "My Subscription" section i usually use the "WideList" as default visualization method. Whit this i see the video list on right and on upper left the video thumbnail  and under it there's present the "Info" of that video. This is working good.... i can see all thumbnail whitout any issue during the first navigation but after i complete to watch a video when kodi returns to the video list the thumbnail and the video description it's disappears whitout any explanation. After that i can continue to navigate the video list but whiout both of them.
Both then reappear only after, for example, i choose to jump to next page of video list but it's disappears again if i watch another video.......... if i step back using the ".." there's no riappears but i need to jump to page 3 (follow this example) for reobtain all correctly.

I don't know if i can explain correctly this little trouble whit my English skills Smile

Ah... in the option of that addons i have correctly enable the option to force the visualization whit ID 55 for both voices....... it's somethings changes on kodi 18.5 Huh It's not ID 55 no more correct ??
You can reproduce this issue ??
I'm running Kodi Leia 18.2 on an RPi 3. The YouTube add-on 6.5.2. It knows me OK - all my subs are there, but the "Recommended" feed is nothing like the one I see on the YouTube website. It looks like a generic feed. Is it possible to get my Youtube-curated Recommended feed using this add-on?

Thanks
Hello,

Today I noticed that I no longer could access my "Watch Later" list from the addon, I just get an error message saying "Backend Error".

After looking at the Kodi log I saw that the addon tries to put a space in the get directory path like this: /channel/mine/playlist/ WL/ which seems a bit odd.
And then later throws a GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/channel/mine/playlist/%20WL/ error.

Have I somehow screwed something up? It worked just fine yesterday.

My entire Kodi log: http://ix.io/22Te

Also just gonna add this for good measure: Running: YouTube (6.5.2) on Leia (Kodi-18.5) with Python 2.7.16
(2019-11-26, 10:58)Son_Of_Diablo Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Today I noticed that I no longer could access my "Watch Later" list from the addon, I just get an error message saying "Backend Error".

After looking at the Kodi log I saw that the addon tries to put a space in the get directory path like this: /channel/mine/playlist/ WL/ which seems a bit odd.
And then later throws a GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/channel/mine/playlist/%20WL/ error.

Also just gonna add this for good measure: Running: YouTube (6.5.2) on Leia (Kodi-18.5) with Python 2.7.16
Same problem here, YouTube (6.5.2) on Leia (Kodi-18.4)
(2019-10-23, 18:17)Paulo Boullos Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-23, 00:11)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@Paulo Boullos 
Enable 'YouTube Settings -> MPEG-DASH -> Use for Videos' and configure your video quality in the MPEG-DASH category as well. 
I enabled MPEG-DASH and set it to "Adaptive (MP4/H264)" 
All music videos are playing at maximum quality.

Thanks so much for the great YouTube plugin.  
how to enable?
(2019-11-26, 12:10)samsonluk Wrote: [ -> ]

Same problem here, YouTube (6.5.2) on Leia (Kodi-18.4) 

Same problem here. YouTube 6.5.2 on Kodi 18.5.
I figured it out Smile
(2019-11-03, 20:04)Paulo Boullos Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to change the position of “Go to” to always appear in the first position in place of “Refresh”? (see photo below)If possible, what file should be edited?I appreciate any help.

addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\youtube\helper\utils.py  

Search "Refresh" and "Got to"...Change position of the code... Put "Got To" above "Refresh"...
(2019-11-26, 18:02)Meretory Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-23, 18:17)Paulo Boullos Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-23, 00:11)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@Paulo Boullos 
Enable 'YouTube Settings -> MPEG-DASH -> Use for Videos' and configure your video quality in the MPEG-DASH category as well. 
I enabled MPEG-DASH and set it to "Adaptive (MP4/H264)" 
All music videos are playing at maximum quality.

Thanks so much for the great YouTube plugin.      
how to enable?    

(2019-11-26, 19:32)a8960 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-11-03, 20:04)Paulo Boullos Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to change the position of “Go to” to always appear in the first position in place of “Refresh”? (see photo below)If possible, what file should be edited?I appreciate any help.

addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\youtube\helper\utils.py  

Search "Refresh" and "Got to"...Change position of the code... Put "Got To" above "Refresh"...      

It worked! Thank you very much.

Edited: I tried to move other code but it didn't work.
How to know where the code begins and where it ends?

Update: I tried opening my "Watch Later" list today and for some reason it started to work.. So I guess there isn't an issue anymore? o.0
Hi guys,

is there a more complete list for keymaps then the one on the wiki?

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:YouTube

Im asking, because Im looking for keymaps to switch users (which I can hardcode into the keymap) and also for keymaps to access the My subscribtions and Watch later feeds.
Is there a way to enable HDR? Because the HDR toggle isn't doing anything for me. A video that plays in HDR in the official app doesn't play in HDR in the Kodi Add-on. AFTV Stick 4K.
Can't send playlists from PC to Kodi because youtube does not play it. Any idea what could be the problem? I have already reinstalled youtube addon and deleted addon_data for it.

log:
2019-11-30 19:43:14.648 T:3095393088 NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (6.5.2) on Leia (Kodi-18.5) with Python 2.7.16
Path: /play/
Params: {'playlist_id': 'RDxPU8OAjjS4k'}
2019-11-30 19:43:57.284 T:3095393088 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(35, /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py): the python script "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: N9XBMCAddon4xbmc8PlayListE,N9XBMCAddon9xbmcaddon5AddonE
2019-11-30 19:43:57.286 T:4091453456 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?playlist_id=RDxPU8OAjjS4k]