Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The new update broke Watch Later for me, the list is just empty. It worked before set to "WL". The "retrieve" thing does nothing.
It's working here with WL or blank.
The retrieve option will ask you to retry after you've added a few videos to watch later if it failed to find the playlist id, also working here.
Completing the retrieval allows you to also delete from watch later from within the add-on.

Will need a debug_log (wiki) if it's broke for you.
Blanking it out and signing out and in fixed the problem, thanks.
(2018-01-27, 21:51)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@Sventovit Update the add-on, the error messages are better defined. Then see below.
Big big thanks.
Updated and now fully works.
(2018-01-27, 21:51)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@kingphoenix Think I found the cause, github master is updated will have a test zip up in the next couple days.

@Sventovit Update the add-on, the error messages are better defined. Then see below.

@justin150
I've re-logged twice on 2 different installs with no issue.

With 5.4.6/5.5.0
if when signing in you get -- invalid_client : oauth client not found -- the client id is incorrect.
if when signing in you get -- invalid_client : unauthorized -- the client secret is incorrect.
if you try to access anything that requires api(ie. Popular right now) and get an error it's the api key.

Check on your keys in the developers console where you created them in case google de-activated them, and double check they are correct.
If it's still an issue, a full debug_log (wiki) may help.
 Solved the problem: READ THE INSTRUCTIONS
Now that the idiot (me!) has correctly followed the instructions at the beginning of the thread rather than watching Youtube videos telling me "How to fix Youtube on Kodi" and therefore signed in to Youtube from Kodi, I have another issue which appears to be a combination of Super Favourites and You Tube.

What I want to do is to group certain Youtube channels.  In Youtube (without Kodi) I use a chrome extension, Youtube Collection Manager, to achieve that.  Obviously that should not work in Kodi - and doesn't!  My next thought was to use Super Favourites to achieve the same end but if you try to add a Youtube specific channel to Super Favourites and then in Super Favourites click on it to go to that Channel it fails with an error "Mapping for Path '/channel/...' not found".

I of course did not give in that easily.  I grabbed the favourites.xml file for the relevant super favourite and this is what the key part was

ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.video.youtube/channel/[channel id]sf_options=desc%3D[description]%26_options_sf";,return)

[channel id] matched what Youtube.com thinks the channel is and [description] correctly matches Youtube description of the channel.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to manually change the favourites.xml file to in order to make this work?

Equally does anyone have a better solution?  I would prefer not to use Super Favourites because I have found a bug in Super Favourites which means if I have an SF Folder which contains sub-folders, SF will not correctly deal with items in the sub-folder (and the way my build is set up this could be an issue)
When I have mpeg dash enabled, I'm experiencing a delay in audio when I wind or rewind the video. There's no audio for about 10-15 seconds. Any chance to fix this?
@justin150 I dont have the problems you describe. I have a SuperFavourites folder for various parts of the YouTube addon (so basically I have a custom menu) and some channels listed there as well, and they work correctly. I also have sub folders there with Channels inside too, and they also work correctly.

I'm using the latest YouTube v5.5, and SuperFavourites v1.0.59.

Possibly you are using an old version of SuperFavourites, or perhaps you are using some alternative Kodi build or something (not supported here at Kodi.tv) that is creating a conflict.
(2018-01-30, 14:36)MB1968 Wrote: [ -> ]When I have mpeg dash enabled, I'm experiencing a delay in audio when I wind or rewind the video. There's no audio for about 10-15 seconds. Any chance to fix this?
 Whitout any addiction information it's impossible to understand the problems..................
I'll check the log file but I doubt there's any relevant information in it. The audio delay is on Android, YT addon version 5.50.
@MB1968 If you're on Kodi 17 there are 2 known issues with inputstream adaptive that apply to us. When skipping forward/back there is no audio for ~8secs and you cannot skip back to 00:00. These are resolved in inputstream adaptive on Kodi 18.
Thanks andxpanic. That makes sense.
Updated post #2 with 6.0.0~alpha1

@letac This should resolve the context menu issue.
@ManiacKill Temp folder is now removed post play, and a setting has been added to delete temp files as well.
@wheemer This adds post playback rating.
@kingphoenix This should resolve alternative players with a few exceptions. Vod dash may not work in all players(ie vlc 2.x doesn't work, vlc 3.0.0-rc6 works), and My Channel videos will not work(requires cookies).
(2018-01-30, 16:47)MB1968 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks andxpanic. That makes sense.
 Oh exactly.... sorry for my quick reply but for example on your previous post you don't have wrote for example how you use kodi (on windows mac raspberry) and what's the version you use Smile

I have a question... read this on newest alpha:
[add] Settings -> Maintenance -> Delete temporary files

What's exactly it's the files deleted ?
It's somethigs possibly to reset the resume/reopen timig of a specific video ?
Whatever we store in the temp folder, at the moment that is subtitles, and the generated dash. They should be automatically cleaned up, the setting is just a way to do it manually.