Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-02-29, 20:16)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@Shomei
No, 1080p+ and HDR are working with or without(in the alpha) keys.
Enable Settings - MPEG-DASH - Use MPEG-DASH
Enable Settings - MPEG-DASH - Use for videos
Configure Settings - MPEG-DASH - Video quality, etc.

Will need a complete debug log (wiki) otherwise.

How to enable it?

@Shomei 
First you'll need Kodi 17+ and to install or enable InputStream Adaptive.

To see if it is installed go to Add-ons - My Add-ons - VideoPlayer InputStream
If you see InputStream Adaptive, click on it and then click Enable

If it's not listed, then you will have to install the add-on which is done differently depending on your OS. If you're unable to find instructions on installation for your OS, you'll need to share your OS so someone can hopefully assist.
@anxdpanic thanks! It was disabled
Ok I am struggling with this - the addon broke a few days/weeks ago and I was having the same issue as everyone else. I did have a personal API key that I was using. I was very busy so I just disabled it for the time being but now I have time to mess with it and I'm totally lost. 

I am wading through all of the posts in the thread and I keep seeing links to the github page, but the problem is that link has outdated screenshots and I am thoroughly confused. Could we update the first post to have the complete idiots guide to getting this addon running? Like step by step?
@starslayer74
That guide was create a month ago, and I did the process within the last couple days. The guide walks through the whole process, if things vary try to infer what is required from the screenshots.
Otherwise, please ask specific questions and possibly include screenshots/debug log (wiki) where you're stuck and someone might be able to assist.
(2020-03-01, 02:53)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@starslayer74
That guide was create a month ago, and I did the process within the last couple days. The guide walks through the whole process, if things vary try to infer what is required from the screenshots.
Otherwise, please ask specific questions and possibly include screenshots/debug log (wiki) where you're stuck and someone might be able to assist.

https://paste.kodi.tv/uxowividez

Specifically, I went back in and added my API keys (that I created 3 years ago) and trying to open the addon gives me an error (that flashes by too fast for me to see) and doesn't load.
@starslayer74
Doesn't look like it's using your personal api keys, check it's enabled in Settings - API
Otherwise will need a the log with debug logging enabled to see more of what is happening. debug log (wiki)
(2020-03-01, 04:52)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@starslayer74
Doesn't look like it's using your personal api keys, check it's enabled in Settings - API
Otherwise will need a the log with debug logging enabled to see more of what is happening. debug log (wiki)

Ok, I enabled debug logging: https://paste.kodi.tv/acefucabiv

Personal API keys are enabled.
is this all to do with ads being blocked ?

on screen shots for setup did noy see the same layout
(2020-03-01, 05:38)the_other_guy Wrote: [ -> ]is this all to do with ads being blocked ?

on screen shots for setup did noy see the same layout

From what I've read, Google has decreased the daily calls for unverified developer keys from 1.000.000 to 40.000.
They want to limit the general usage of their API in apps that block ads or don't work only with YouTube Premium accounts.
This is the only way for an app to be verified, it needs to follow their terms of service.
They had been very tolerant until now but now they seem to be determined to enforce it.
Unverified keys because of the new daily limit are not a solution for mass usage anymore.
40.000 are more than enough for personal usage, but too little for... mass usage.
@starslayer74
It does show using your own keys, but something isn't configured properly or google disabled them. Probably easier to just create a new project and keys.

@the_other_guy
One of many reasons currently.
If things vary from what you see, try to infer what is required from the screenshots. Otherwise, please ask specific questions and possibly include screenshots/debug log (wiki) where you're stuck and someone might be able to assist.
(2020-03-01, 17:44)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@starslayer74
It does show using your own keys, but something isn't configured properly or google disabled them. Probably easier to just create a new project and keys.

@the_other_guy
One of many reasons currently.
If things vary from what you see, try to infer what is required from the screenshots. Otherwise, please ask specific questions and possibly include screenshots/debug log (wiki) where you're stuck and someone might be able to assist.
I tried doing that last night, but it didn't take the new keys either. 

I tried again this morning with the new keys that I created last night and it did the trick. Thank you.
(2020-02-18, 02:51)salfter Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-17, 23:45)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]Up to Date API Key creation for personal Use

Personal API Creation

I deleted my old key and generated a new one.  I copied the relevant bits over to Kodi and tried logging in again.  The first code passed to google.com/device worked.  The second one threw up a warning similar to what I had received earlier, but now there's an option to click through to continue without their verification.  Did that, and maybe another click later, it was done.  The YouTube plugin is now logged back into my account.  w00t! 
(2020-03-02, 02:34)terrancej30144 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-18, 02:51)salfter Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-17, 23:45)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]Up to Date API Key creation for personal Use

Personal API Creation
Hi,
I am new to kodi world and would request some help. I use kodi on Amazon firetv and the youtube addon used to work without any issues.  Now l am not able to login. I see that it works with API keys and would appreciate some help to create and apply on Firetv/kkodi combination. 

I deleted my old key and generated a new one.  I copied the relevant bits over to Kodi and tried logging in again.  The first code passed to google.com/device worked.  The second one threw up a warning similar to what I had received earlier, but now there's an option to click through to continue without their verification.  Did that, and maybe another click later, it was done.  The YouTube plugin is now logged back into my account.  w00t! 
To those seeing 'OAuth client deleted' who have already set up a developer key,

Generate a new OAuth Client ID and put it in Kodi along with your new 'secret' then CLOSE AND RESTART KODI.  If you still have problems, go to the settings for your API key, regenerate key, input that, and CLOSE AND RESTART KODI.

Simply regenerating all three values might work for you, but my first inclination due to the error message was to generate a new Client ID, and thus a new 'secret' as well, altogether.