Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-03-06, 19:35)freeurope Wrote: [ -> ]Hello. I uninstalled the old version of youtube 6.6.0, cleaned the Kodi application. I have installed a beta version of the 6.7.0 alpha2 plugin. From now on, I don't need to enter any keys. So the Addon in Kodi works without keys. Do you also have similar experiences? Youtube developers for Kodi thank you very much.
Can someone in the know respond to this post?  I'm assuming that this is BS since no one else has echoed that using this version alone obviates the need to create personal API keys.

FWIW, I did not have a similar experience using a fresh copy of KODI 18.5 with only the 6.7 alpha2 version of YouTube installed.
@MaxieWagner
What they are talking about is true. In the alpha/beta, playback doesn't require api keys. So things like playing Trailers from the library, STRM files, sharing videos from Kore/Yatse all work without keys. Browsing/Navigation in the add-on does require keys still though.
(2020-03-07, 05:39)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@MaxieWagner
What they are talking about is true. In the alpha/beta, playback doesn't require api keys. So things like playing Trailers from the library, STRM files, sharing videos from Kore/Yatse all work without keys. Browsing/Navigation in the add-on does require keys still though.

Thanks for the quick reply... and for all you do, anxdpanic.
(2020-03-06, 19:40)getut Wrote: [ -> ]That is the whole point. If I am a paying customer of Netflix, then I am paying for content. There is still the concept of fair use. Eula's do not render fair use invalid. Despite what they want you to believe, you can choose to use the player of your choice on the platform of your choice. Kodi is about an option that does not allow them to use the content as a hammer to the head to gain access to your entire environment. And as far as free content goes, to my knowledge that has never truly been tested in court. If the content exists somewhere freely, then it is unproven if simply viewing it on a different platform than intended even can constitute infringement. REDISTRIBUTION, then yet. But simple consumption of freely available media on a platform other than intended still hasn't been pushed. 

Ι don't disagree with you, my only objection was about what Kodi is about.
They fullfill their "about" the best way possible.
Kodi doesn't have control of the content of others and it can't force them to make official 100% verified add-ons for Kodi.
I haven't also seen any court to force them to "open" their plaforms, so I don't think it's that easy because of fair use.
(2020-03-06, 19:40)getut Wrote: [ -> ]That is the whole point. If I am a paying customer of Netflix, then I am paying for content. There is still the concept of fair use. Eula's do not render fair use invalid. Despite what they want you to believe, you can choose to use the player of your choice on the platform of your choice. Kodi is about an option that does not allow them to use the content as a hammer to the head to gain access to your entire environment. And as far as free content goes, to my knowledge that has never truly been tested in court. If the content exists somewhere freely, then it is unproven if simply viewing it on a different platform than intended even can constitute infringement. REDISTRIBUTION, then yet. But simple consumption of freely available media on a platform other than intended still hasn't been pushed. 

Fair Use has nothing to do with this. Streaming services have no obligation to allow fair use. Their platform, their rules.
win 10
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=331689
AppLauncher plugin
this can also run the apps created in edge beta giving you more control over running in kodi
Everything seems to be working again!!!! No API keys. I can browse in the Kodi addon/popular now without Keys, addons that use Youtube videos are also working! NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Q- Do you think this will last, or will this get disabled soon when too many users start using it again?

**EDIT** This is v6.7.2-beta. I thought it was from the test repo, but i was mistaken. Its from a different repo, but its working regardless.
(2020-03-07, 23:09)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ]Everything seems to be working again!!!! No API keys. I can browse in the Kodi addon/popular now without Keys, addons that use Youtube videos are also working! NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Q- Do you think this will last, or will this get disabled soon when too many users start using it again?

**EDIT** This is v6.7.2-beta. I thought it was from the test repo, but i was mistaken. Its from a different repo, but its working regardless.

Hi, which repo did you get v6.7.2-beta ?
So ... Like many others I am trying to get the YouTube Plugin working again
I thought I had previously setup api keys for it however I went through the process again

I got as far as logging into the webserver page to put in my API Keys and Secret
This seemed to work and I checked the configuration by closing kodi and going back in

When I opened Kodi again I am getting a 401 error for YouTube Plugin before I even touched the plugin or went in to see its information settings

its an endless loop that says

OAuth Client Deleted
then opens the config screen for Youtube Plugin..
I check the information is correct
close
and it pops up again

I even tried turning off the personal keys and that still loops when i get out of the info setup

My Kodi device is an android box

Its bad enough the plugin isn't working but am I going to have to reinstall Kodi fresh?
Because that is going to suck

Has anyone actually figured this out or has this plugin been abandoned or is it just not working or whats up?
(2020-03-08, 14:39)ZippyTheChicken Wrote: [ -> ]So ... Like many others I am trying to get the YouTube Plugin working again
I thought I had previously setup api keys for it however I went through the process again

I got as far as logging into the webserver page to put in my API Keys and Secret
This seemed to work and I checked the configuration by closing kodi and going back in

When I opened Kodi again I am getting a 401 error for YouTube Plugin before I even touched the plugin or went in to see its information settings

OAuth Client Deleted
close
and it pops up again

I even tried turning off the personal keys and that still loops when i get out of the info setup

Its bad enough the plugin isn't working but am I going to have to reinstall Kodi fresh?

Has anyone actually figured this out or has this plugin been abandoned or is it just not working or whats up?

Try uninstalling youtube in Kodi. Then disable Kodi and delete the file "Kodi / userdata / addon_data / plugin.video.youtube /". Then turn on Kodi again and install youtube from the official Kodi repo. This should be followed by updating the add-on to 6.7.0 alpha2 youtube, and the add-on does not need keys. It helped me this way and the supplement is alive. Try the procedure. PS "sorry for bad English.😉👍
(2020-03-08, 15:48)freeurope Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-03-08, 14:39)ZippyTheChicken Wrote: [ -> ]So ... Like many others I am trying to get the YouTube Plugin working again

OAuth Client Deleted
close
and it pops up again

Try uninstalling youtube in Kodi. Then disable Kodi and delete the file "Kodi / userdata / addon_data / plugin.video.youtube /". Then turn on Kodi again and install youtube from the official Kodi repo. This should be followed by updating the add-on to 6.7.0 alpha2 youtube, and the add-on does not need keys. It helped me this way and the supplement is alive. Try the procedure. PS "sorry for bad English.😉👍 
Hello,
I have the same loop on configuration step...authorization is not working.
I've try your solution, uninstalled, et install the 6.7 beta...and still not working: incorrect Id error
What should I do to get this plugin working?
thank you!
Hello. You must first uninstall youtube from Kodi, you did that. The second step is important. It is to shut down the entire Kodi and erase the remains of the youtube application. Even if you uninstalled youtube in Kodi, the remainder will still remain. Only after you clean up the rest of youtube will you turn on Kodi and install the version of the youtube plugin manually, or by updating from the official repository with 6.7.0 alpha2. Then you can manually disable auto-update in the youtube add-on. Youtube should work without a key. The cleanup of youtube remains is important.
Path for cleaning....
"Kodi / userdata / addon_data / plugin.video.youtube /"
(2020-03-08, 23:31)freeurope Wrote: [ -> ]Hello. You must first uninstall youtube from Kodi, you did that. The second step is important. It is to shut down the entire Kodi and erase the remains of the youtube application. Even if you uninstalled youtube in Kodi, the remainder will still remain. Only after you clean up the rest of youtube will you turn on Kodi and install the version of the youtube plugin manually, or by updating from the official repository with 6.7.0 alpha2. Then you can manually disable auto-update in the youtube add-on. Youtube should work without a key. The cleanup of youtube remains is important.
Path for cleaning....

Not working for me.

Uninstall youtube addon, get asked if I want to delete associated data, say yes, then youtube addon deleted.
Close Kodi.
Look for "Kodi / userdata / addon_data / plugin.video.youtube /" it's not there, been deleted when uninstalling youtube addon.
Restart Kodi.
Install youtube from Kodi directory, version 6.6.0, youtube addon v6.6.0 installed. v6.7.0alpha2 is not in my Kodi repo!
No youtube update following v6.6.0 install.
(2020-03-08, 23:31)freeurope Wrote: [ -> ]Hello. You must first uninstall youtube from Kodi, you did that. The second step is important. It is to shut down the entire Kodi and erase the remains of the youtube application. Even if you uninstalled youtube in Kodi, the remainder will still remain. Only after you clean up the rest of youtube will you turn on Kodi and install the version of the youtube plugin manually, or by updating from the official repository with 6.7.0 alpha2. Then you can manually disable auto-update in the youtube add-on. Youtube should work without a key. The cleanup of youtube remains is important.
Path for cleaning....

It is exactly what I've done and here was nothing to delete in userdata/addon_data
but the plugin still asks me to authenticate in loop when I choose connexion
PS: the trailer streaming is now working again (without auth) .. and it was the feature from which I detected a problem with this addon
concerning settings api.

I do I need to enter those api key details in api_keys.json

or in settings.xml

<setting id="youtube.api.key.switch">1</setting>
<setting id="youtube.api.id" value="-------.apps.googleusercontent.com"></setting>
<setting id="youtube.api.key" value="----k" />
<setting id="youtube.api.secret" value="xxx"></setting>
    <setting id="youtube.channel.fanart.show">true</setting>