Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@DjDiabolik. No need to apologize. I often forget to report important info like OS and addon version.
It might just be me but I'm having trouble with 6.0.0~alpha1. I had to install it twice in a Windows 10 desktop before it worked. On my Intel NUC running Libreelec, it installed but will not run at all (pop-up error messages). I'll try it again later when I get a chance and if I still have issues, I'll upload a debug log.
So just a quick question regarding the releases: what's the difference between the regular and unofficial releases? In this case specifically 6.0.0alpha versions?
The Unofficial version is the same as the Official version but with the added ability to set your own views.

See the following from the FAQ in Post #4 on Page #1 here for more info: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2681561

* WHY CAN'T I CHOOSE THE VIEW IN THE ADDON SETTINGS ANYMORE?
New week, new Youtube error. Youtube crashed last night, and when I start it up I either get the "Youtube error, check log" or Kodi just crashes to desktop. I tried uninstalling Youtube and reinstalling, and when I did I got some message about a Proxy error due to port 50152 being in use. 

I even deleted the plugin.video.youtube folder and reinstalled and I'm still getting the same error. 

This is the error log I'm getting (I had to try five times to get it again, in most cases Kodi just crashes)

14:00:38.497 T:140735285859072 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/special/new_uploaded_videos) failed
14:00:38.496 T:140735285859072 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/special/new_uploaded_tv

Is the problem the port? In that case how can I change it?
@Thinaran 
Without a full debug_log (wiki) it's hard to say what happened. You can disable the proxy or change the port where you enabled it, Settings - MPEG-DASH
I'd try disabling it and restarting Kodi, and start from there.
Here is my debug log: https://paste.ubuntu.com/26495918/

I tried changing the port number, but as long as MPEG-DASH is activated in any way I can't use the plugin. It works when turning everything off.
(2018-01-30, 20:25)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@letac This should resolve the context menu issue
Can't run new alpha, I am getting this error during installation:

https://pastebin.com/raw/RkaiV8ES

Disclaimer: Problem can be related to my config, my old Android media player died last night, and now I am using borrowed device, with LibreELEC and Kodi 17.3, and I am still trying to configure it properly.
@letac It looks like the new dependency failed to install. HOW-TO:Install_add-ons_from_zip_files (wiki) http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/gotham/scr...16.0.4.zip

@Thinaran The error doesn't appear to be dash related at a glance, and nothing abnormal relating to the proxy. Looks like it may be related to a title. Does popular right now work?
(2018-01-31, 19:26)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@letac It looks like the new dependency failed to install. HOW-TO:Install_add-ons_from_zip_files (wiki) http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/gotham/scr...16.0.4.zip

Same error message:

https://pastebin.com/raw/FsWM0UNW

Wait for someone else to confirm my error, as I said, it can be something wrong with my new setup, LibreELEC and Kodi 17.3

I just realized, I can test it on Windows to: yeap, on Windows 10 and Kodi 17.6, everything works fine, installation is without errors and bug with dissapearing "Remove" option is gone. Tnx!

Can someone test 6.0.0 alpha 1 (unofficial) on LibreELEC or Android and report results here?
I tried to install 6.0.0~alpha1 on 2 Intel NUC's (Libreelec). During the install 2 boxes popped up saying something like "FUTURE something" and then "YOUTUBE" installed. Then a third box popped up saying ERROR - check logs.....

It does work on Windows 10 but it took 2 installs before it worked. Clearly something is wrong with this version.
@blueribb and @letac a full debug_log (wiki) may help.
I can only guess at this point that its a platform specific issue with the future module. I may just look to switch over to six instead of future for py2-3 compat next bump.
(2018-01-31, 19:26)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@Thinaran The error doesn't appear to be dash related at a glance, and nothing abnormal relating to the proxy. Looks like it may be related to a title. Does popular right now work?
 You are right. Only the My Subscriptions entry does not work. And yeah, it wasn't dash related, it just randomly worked right after deactivating it and restarting Kodi. Once. My Subscriptions keeps giving me the same error.
I have installed the 6.0.0alpha1 on Rpi2 whit latest OSMC...... Apparently ever "folder" not work. I can't access on My Subscriction.. can't access on "Popular right now" etc etc......... i obtain the error to report on log and there's:
Code:
14:24:34.197 T:1386713856  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (6.0.0~alpha1) on Krypton (Kodi-17.6) with Python 2.7.13
14:24:35.878 T:1688711936 WARNING: CSkinInfo: failed to load skin settings
14:24:42.633 T:1386713856  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (6.0.0~alpha1) on Krypton (Kodi-17.6) with Python 2.7.13
14:24:44.546 T:1386713856   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xf9' in position 2: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/runner.py", line 42, in run
                                                __RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py", line 24, in run
                                                results = provider.navigate(context)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 109, in navigate
                                                result = method(context, re_match)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/register_provider_path.py", line 12, in wrapper
                                                return func(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/provider.py", line 505, in _on_yt_specials
                                                return yt_specials.process(category, self, context, re_match)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/yt_specials.py", line 293, in process
                                                return _process_new_uploaded_videos_tv(provider, context, re_match)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/yt_specials.py", line 257, in _process_new_uploaded_videos_tv
                                                result.extend(tv.my_subscriptions_to_items(provider, context, json_data))
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/tv.py", line 44, in my_subscriptions_to_items
                                                utils.update_video_infos(provider, context, video_id_dict, channel_items_dict=channel_item_dict)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/utils.py", line 318, in update_video_infos
                                                refresh_container=refresh_container)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/yt_context_menu.py", line 16, in append_more_for_video
                                                context_menu.append((context.localize(provider.LOCAL_MAP['youtube.video.more']),
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_context.py", line 171, in localize
                                                return utils.to_unicode(result)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/utils/methods.py", line 37, in to_unicode
                                                result = text.decode('utf-8')
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/encodings/utf_8.py", line 16, in decode
                                                return codecs.utf_8_decode(input, errors, True)
                                            UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xf9' in position 2: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
I see somethigs about Phyton 3..... osmc it's contain 2.7 it's this the cause ?
you tube not play invalid paremeters 5.5.0x use also 5.5.0