Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you are trying to play music videos e.g. VEVO or content that is protected, more than likely youtube changed the cipher again.
Hi, I'm also getting some weird errors whilst still on the regular repository and no third or (second?) party addons, basically just youtube, however as of last night or mightve been earlier, it has not been working as it should (or rather as i want it to work), ie, it doesnt work at all ;( i found one video that worked out of about 1000+, yes, i can be persistent when im as clueless as a goldfish without a brain most of the time.

Just wondering if there's any way to fix it? Also, do you lose out on functions if you use your own api keys, i recall the addon cleared my search database, which (since i have dementia) is helpful to remember what to listen to/watch etc.

Feel free to reply if time is given. If not, thanks anyway.

/Christoffer S
(2018-02-15, 06:58)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]@gitman

Please stop linking to sites that promote banned add-ons. Re-read the Forum rules (wiki) if unsure why.

ok. there weren't any links to banned add-ons on the link that I shared, but I see now that the main page of the blog itself does have them. but it clearly was not the objective of my reply to share links to banned add-ons.

if you are going to delete my post altogether (for which I received no notice the first time), at least offer up some help to this user in regards to how to check for inputstream adaptive being enabled, which is what I was trying to do.

thanks.
Hello.

I have a problem with the addition of Youtube. Most of the videos do not work for me and it shows youtube error.
This is my log
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/vRbhctNnr7/
(2018-02-15, 18:41)kowalmisiek Wrote: [ -> ]Hello.

I have a problem with the addition of Youtube. Most of the videos do not work for me and it shows youtube error.
This is my log
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/vRbhctNnr7/
 Same here !
on both Openelec and Android i get the same error
(both have been working and stopped working since today or yesterday)

I've put a "tail -f" tot the kodi.log to see whats happening ...

ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.Exception'>
                                            Error Contents: Signature function not found
Same error here .Until yesterday everything worked fine.
(2018-02-14, 15:07)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@drrak with out a debug_log (wiki) I'm not sure what you are experiencing.
Google translator:
I can not send anything, because I have unlicensed applications. Anyway, some streams still do not work.

RPi3, Kodi 17.6, LibreELEC 8.2.3, YouTube 5.5.0, InputStream Adaptive 2.0.19.0
I could of sworn that i said the youtube changed the ciphers so anything with DRM wont work properly.

so anyone who posts anything with the word cipher, thats what it is. 

Jeff
(2018-02-14, 15:07)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@Calitar @gitman @zoydberg and others  It appears YouTube has changed something and we're failing to decipher the signature of videos that have signatures which require deciphering (VEVO, and some others). Will be looking into this further as time allows. 
 Don't you love it when they do that? I do recall seeing an update on the youtube app on Android a few days ago so I suppose that was to support the cypher change they implemented...
Will keep an eye on this thread for updates on the cipher issue.

Many thanks for your efforts on this Smile
Updated post #2 with ~alpha6
  • [fix] Signature deciphering

This should resolve videos that have been erroring.
Yey, working again!

Thank you for the fix and for version 6.
hello, just checking back in. 
kids weren't able to help with logs...
but i found out what was causing my issue.
kids had set up an auto cleaner, which cleans thumbnails and cache.. everytime it runs , it deletes something that  the 1080 avail of the mpeg dash uses (720 and below still works, doen'ts log me out or anything) - and i have to fresh install and set back up again to get it back
so ,for now, i have deleted the cleaning (i think lol)

thought i would pop in and let you know what was causing my issue from last post Smile
I have update to Alpha6............ immediatelly after i re-obtain the request about api_key.json. I choose NO and i lost some settings and i lost the api keys settings but this time the setup wizard it's works.

I have tryed to enable the personal api http page........ i have submit correctly but the input keys it's not showing right now on addons preferences................ i need to set manually on settings.xml files by FTP connection.

I have also lost my login..........

I have re-login twice by my android telephone................ the api keys now it's be appears inside the preferences.

Because the api_key.json request to restore it's be appears in this mode whitout any apparently cause ? If i remove the two json files it's a workaround ?

Actually i see the two json it's same path of settings.xml..... on osmc it's -> /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/

*EDIT*
Right now for prevent this.......... i have make a copy about my settings.xml files to settings.backup. At this point by ssh i can restore also my settings if it's append again Smile
They should be stable. When you chose NO you overwrote your api keys which will also log you out so that makes sense. Would need a debug_log (wiki) to possibly see whats causing the settings to be reset regularly, and why http update would be failing.
Hi: I tested de Alpha6 version and work ok, can you add the option menu Play All Are be avaliable y previous version but not now, im using addon focused all in youtube. thanks. regards.