Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I installed the last beta version 6.1.0 alpha2.
(Kodi 17.6 , Win10)

1. Why I can't play videos of 2k (1440p), with previous version I could. It just loading and not opening the video.
2. Why when I try to play 1080p videos, I don't have the DASH option when selecting quality? The max is 720p instead.
3. What about 4k (2016p) videos, is there any update about that? Currently it just loading and not opening the video.

Thanks.
@burekas 

1. They are working here.
2. Check that Settings - MPEG-DASH - Use mpeg-dash proxy is enabled (possibly restart, if something abnormal happened with the service).
3. There's been no movement on 4K(vp9/opus) Can follow this issue: https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo...issues/257

If you resolve #2, you can set inputstream.adaptive stream selection to Manual and check the resolutions available for #1. Beyond that I would need a debug_log (wiki)
Thanks,

And the restart solve the problem, I always forget Smile
I've updated post #2 with ~alpha3

[add] Multi-user support
- Switch User folder (default: on) Settings -> Folders
- User management (Add, Remove, Rename, Switch) Settings - Users
- Signed in users are green, Current user has an *
(2018-05-21, 21:25)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]I've updated post #2 with ~alpha3

[add] Multi-user support
- Switch User folder (default: on) Settings -> Folders
- User management (Add, Remove, Rename, Switch) Settings - Users
- Signed in users are green, Current user has an *
 OMG.. interesting. On my youtube/google account i have two different nick/channel associated. I can switch switch between the two ?
Hi,

I've been using the YouTube plug-in for a while but today I can't login and I have no idea what it is trying to tell me.

Today it has asked me to sign-in even though I have been signed-in for months. It gives me a code and tells me to go to activate. That says it works fine but then I go back to Kodi and it hasn't signed-in.

The sign-in prompt says "you must enable two applications so that YouTube is functioning correctly". What the hell does that mean? What two applications? Where?

I've no idea what it is trying to tell me or why it suddenly wants me to sign in again. As it didn't work on my Raspberry Pi I tried it on my main Windows PC and I get the same thing.

Can anyone tell me what is going on?
Hello!

I got a strange message if i a select a video:
Quote:YOUTUBE: Proxy is not running

Any suggestions?
(2018-05-23, 08:37)wintux Wrote: [ -> ]I got a strange message if i a select a video:
Quote:YOUTUBE: Proxy is not running

Me too, since maybe two days ago. Got past it by enabling the DASH proxy in the settings, but some videos still don't play (wheel spins for a while, but nothing else happens.)
@LeoLevosky
You'll be asked to enter 2 codes at the youtube.com/activate url, the 'applications' are named on the confirmation screens.
You can try, Settings - Maintenance - Clear function cache, then Settings - Maintenance - Delete access_manager.json and restart Kodi and try to sign in again.
Will need a debug_log (wiki) otherwise.

@wintux and @zarble 
Check that Settings - MPEG-DASH - Use mpeg-dash proxy is enabled (possibly restart Kodi, if something abnormal happened with the service) Will need a debug_log (wiki) otherwise.
Got the same problem since the YouTube plugin auto-updated 2 days ago (6.0.1). Most videos spin for 2 seconds then you get the "Proxy not running" popup.

I checked the kodi.log and there are two relevant lines, lastly a line with ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/...... ] but maybe more interesting, just before that a line complaining about an InsecureRequestWarning from urllib3/connectionpool.py: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised.

I enabled kodi debug logging but got nothing more really than the above mentioned..
Hi,

I am using MINIX NEO U1 with XBMC for MINIX 16.3 (thanks to MINIX devs there is still no up-to-date working version of Krypton :/ ) and can't get YouTube addon to play 1080p.

What I tried is to change setup of youtube-dl addon to allow the highest possible resolution, but no success.

In the YouTube addon setup the highest resolution I can choose is 1080p Live/ 720p HD, MPEG-dash option is not available.

I was not able to install inputstream.adaptive addon.

Am I missing something here, could anyone please advise how to enable 1080p videos?

Thanks!
@kodden
Will need a full debug_log (wiki) after a restart, and double check Settings - MPEG-DASH - Enable mpeg-dash proxy is enabled.
'InsecureRequestWarning from urllib3/connectionpool.py: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised.' can be solved by Settings - Advanced - Force SSL certificate verification

@vuk_ >720p is only working with Krypton+ with inputstream.adaptive
(2018-05-11, 20:04)Arokhaerr Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-05-11, 19:22)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@Arokhaerr greystashh reported those videos working. To check your age/birthday;
  1. Sign into your Google account privacy page on a computer.
  2. Under the "Personal info & privacy" section on the side menu, click Your personal info.
  3. Click Birthday.
  4. Click the pencil next to your birthdate to edit.
  5. Verify your birthday and update if necessary.
  6. Click Update.
You may have to sign out and sign back in after that.    
On that exact page my birthday is set to 1981.
I have changed it to 1980 and then back to 1981 maybe that kicked in some internal script for my account to enable such videos..

Another thing is that I have my google account linked to 2! Youtube accounts. One which is from the time BEFORE Youtube was bought by google a decade ago... And THAT is also the account used by me for years. Maybe that is the problem and nothing can be done about it.. ill create a new test account and see if that fixes it...

I really have the feeling that some kind of bugged google/youtube account might be the issue in the end...

[EDIT]
OH MY HOLY FGIN £¢¥•¢$={{¢•#%-"=€-;!!!!
I just finished transfering all subscriptions to the other youtube account so I have the same subscription lists.... And guess what? IT WORKS!

My guess was right that my decade old Youtube "profile" linked to my google account (its called a brand channel now if that helps) was borked and bugged... Now with the other profile everything works!

So it probably wasnt anything related to the kodi youtube plugin at all.. At least it seems so.

Thank you for your help though. For future reference we now know that there is some weird issue when it comes to youtube accounts linked to google accounts afterwards. Smile

Still kinda disappointing though that you cannot watch certain content with your so called "Brand channel".. Sad  

I remember this was also a Problem quite some time back. I also have that Problem, the Age doesn't apply for the Brand channel. 
As a workaround if that ever happens I just use my Phone or Tablet, open Youtube and search for the Video. Then share it to my Mediacenter (I'm using Yatse) to play. This way it circumvents the Age Gate and directly plays the video via the YouTube App anyway.
It's easier because I'm not going to create a new account just for this.
@anxdpanic  you can explain one things:
I'm subscripted to this channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa0qJom...GufkZDtc_Q

You can say because all video it's not a live feed but it's required the MPEG-DASH enabled to watch it by kodi ?

And Again i have a general question:
You can rememberto me  the minimum version of the inputstream for not obtain the "five seconds audio mute" when skip forward or backward during reproduction ?
(2018-05-24, 10:11)D-m-x Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-05-11, 20:04)Arokhaerr Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-05-11, 19:22)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@Arokhaerr greystashh reported those videos working. To check your age/birthday;
  1. Sign into your Google account privacy page on a computer.
  2. Under the "Personal info & privacy" section on the side menu, click Your personal info.
  3. Click Birthday.
  4. Click the pencil next to your birthdate to edit.
  5. Verify your birthday and update if necessary.
  6. Click Update.
You may have to sign out and sign back in after that.     
On that exact page my birthday is set to 1981.
I have changed it to 1980 and then back to 1981 maybe that kicked in some internal script for my account to enable such videos..

Another thing is that I have my google account linked to 2! Youtube accounts. One which is from the time BEFORE Youtube was bought by google a decade ago... And THAT is also the account used by me for years. Maybe that is the problem and nothing can be done about it.. ill create a new test account and see if that fixes it...

I really have the feeling that some kind of bugged google/youtube account might be the issue in the end...

[EDIT]
OH MY HOLY FGIN £¢¥•¢$={{¢•#%-"=€-;!!!!
I just finished transfering all subscriptions to the other youtube account so I have the same subscription lists.... And guess what? IT WORKS!

My guess was right that my decade old Youtube "profile" linked to my google account (its called a brand channel now if that helps) was borked and bugged... Now with the other profile everything works!

So it probably wasnt anything related to the kodi youtube plugin at all.. At least it seems so.

Thank you for your help though. For future reference we now know that there is some weird issue when it comes to youtube accounts linked to google accounts afterwards. Smile

Still kinda disappointing though that you cannot watch certain content with your so called "Brand channel".. Sad   

I remember this was also a Problem quite some time back. I also have that Problem, the Age doesn't apply for the Brand channel. 
As a workaround if that ever happens I just use my Phone or Tablet, open Youtube and search for the Video. Then share it to my Mediacenter (I'm using Yatse) to play. This way it circumvents the Age Gate and directly plays the video via the YouTube App anyway.
It's easier because I'm not going to create a new account just for this. 
 Even with yatse it was not possible for me for some reason, but I ditched the brand channel now and use my main google+ account for it and everything is solved except for my watched videos history and liked videos.