Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@DjDiabolik The videos of that channel seem to have all video qualities in my checks. Can you provide a video id? I don't recall the version of inputstream.adaptive that resolved the 5 second audio delay, but it's a Kodi 18 version of it.
Every time I try to watch a YouTube video I get an error that the proxy is not running and the video fails to play. How can I disable the proxy? Really don’t need one.
Same story is with me.
But I get this message randomly - some videios do play, some don't.
Please advice.
@wgstarks and @u0543
The proxy is required for mpeg-dash vods.
If you haven't already, check Settings - MPEG-DASH - Enable mpeg-dash proxy is enabled and restart Kodi
To disable the proxy;
Disable Settings - MPEG-DASH - Use MPEG-DASH and Settings - MPEG-DASH - Enable mpeg-dash proxy

Will need a debug_log (wiki) otherwise.
(2018-05-23, 16:54)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@LeoLevosky
You'll be asked to enter 2 codes at the youtube.com/activate url, the 'applications' are named on the confirmation screens.
You can try, Settings - Maintenance - Clear function cache, then Settings - Maintenance - Delete access_manager.json and restart Kodi and try to sign in again.
Will need a debug_log (wiki) otherwise.

You lost me here. I went to the activate screen and entered a code in the format xxxx-xxxx and chose the option to allow. By the time I get back to my Kodi screen (in another room) it is showing a different xxxx-xxxx and I never get past this. Each time I activate the new code it just gives me another one. I don't know what you mean by "the 'applications' are named on the confirmation screens". All I see is a message that tells me to return to my device.
@LeoLevosky 
Quote:I went to the activate screen and entered a code in the format xxxx-xxxx and chose the option to allow. By the time I get back to my Kodi screen (in another room) it is showing a different xxxx-xxxx and I never get past this. Each time I activate the new code it just gives me another one.

This is expected behavior, you must activate twice.
The application name is on the confirmation screen after you input your codes, it is different both times. It will say something like "Choose an account to continue to YouTube on TV" the first time, the bold part being the application name.
(2018-05-24, 16:06)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@DjDiabolik The videos of that channel seem to have all video qualities in my checks. Can you provide a video id? I don't recall the version of inputstream.adaptive that resolved the 5 second audio delay, but it's a Kodi 18 version of it.
 Apparently all the latest......... for example the last 4 video part of same vinyl....... exactly this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD34B74NyEo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OIc3cCazBY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqygBKc67xM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NQ5vhLHXTI

I have watched last night on my Pi2 and it's say Proxy not activated. It's works only after i enable the dash. Very strange infact it's the only channel i know have to enable the dash for not live stream.
I have the exact same symptoms with the addition of occasional blasts of sound at full blast regardless of the volume setting. It is at tweeter blowing level.
I am about to dump this addon and use the PC instead.
Thanks DjDiabolik, I was able to reproduce the issue with that.

@wintux, @zarble, @kodden, @wgstarks, @u0543, @DjDiabolik, @WarpLover

I've updated post #2 with the fix for the 'Proxy is not running' issue, please confirm if resolved so that we can get that fix to the official repository.
See 6.0.2 or 6.1.0~alpha4

@WarpLover We don't do anything volume wise, either the videos or something outside of the scope of the add-on would be the cause of that.
Regardless of what systems you think you code affects, this sound blast has happened twice, and both times I was in the youtube addon trying to make it work.

It is not the volume of the streaming box that max's out (because turning it all the way down doesn't change this disturbing sound level), it's like the amp (Sony STR-DH550) that the HDMI leads to goes wild (CEC?). The sound is sort of like if you are trying to play DTS on a non-DTS system. Very disturbing, GITMO disturbing!

I will update you on the proxy problem.
(2018-05-24, 20:48)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@LeoLevosky 
Quote:I went to the activate screen and entered a code in the format xxxx-xxxx and chose the option to allow. By the time I get back to my Kodi screen (in another room) it is showing a different xxxx-xxxx and I never get past this. Each time I activate the new code it just gives me another one.

This is expected behavior, you must activate twice.
The application name is on the confirmation screen after you input your codes, it is different both times. It will say something like "Choose an account to continue to YouTube on TV" the first time, the bold part being the application name.
Sorry, I didn't make it clear. It doesn't just do it twice. Every time I go back to the Pi it gives me another code. I gave up when it got to 4 or 5 times. What am I missing? All I get is a sign-in on the Pi followed by a code. I go to my PC and enter the code. I go back to the Pi and it gives me another code. This cycle just keeps going. I never see anything about choosing an account. Does the sequence have some sort of time out or something like that? Am I taking too long to enter the code? I entered it within a minute or so. I tried deleting the settings on the Pi and rebooted a couple of times. One time I ran the set-up wizard again. Nothing seems to make a difference.

BTW, it worked fine on my PC version of Kodi and it used to work fine on my Pi. Why did it suddenly want me to activate again? Is this due to the add-on being updated or something? I'm not doing anything different on the Pi to what I did on the PC. Yesterday it wouldn't work on my PC either but today it did. I'm completely lost.
(2018-05-24, 21:41)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks DjDiabolik, I was able to reproduce the issue with that.

@wintux, @zarble, @kodden, @wgstarks, @u0543, @DjDiabolik, @WarpLover

I've updated post #2 with the fix for the 'Proxy is not running' issue, please confirm if resolved so that we can get that fix to the official repository.
See 6.0.2 or 6.1.0~alpha4

@WarpLover We don't do anything volume wise, either the videos or something outside of the scope of the add-on would be the cause of that.

Seems to be working for me. I still have an issue with playing some videos, but no proxy warning so I think the issue must be seperate.
Sorry I seemed to have screwed up that last quote. I hope you can read it. Not sure how to use this system!
Is there any FAQ Post about the Quality the Add-on can achieve with it's various settings?
I'm using Libreelec (latest) with Inputstream 2.0.20 and settings from Post 109-112 like it is recommended. I know 1440p is Max on dash but I can't get that working, on 2 different machines. Apart from rebooting and searching GitHub and following those advices it is stuck on 1080p. I know this question comes up a lot which is why imho it is suited for a FAQ.
@LeoLevosky I would need a debug_log (wiki) with it happening. For a fresh start you can try Settings - Maintenance and delete everything. If you have your own api keys it should be alright to leave api_keys.json.

@wgstarks Thanks, if you can provide videos id and symptoms I can check those as well.

@D-m-x Add-on can do vods at max 720p on it's own, with inputstream.adaptive the current max is 1440p
If you change InputStream Adaptive Settings - Stream Selection to Manual, then during playback you can choose the quality of the mpeg-dash stream from the OSD Settings - Video Settings - Video stream to see the max available w/ bps. Then just adjust the bandwidth settings accordingly.