Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For the 1080p video, the addon can only play the 720p video, not 1080p, but the live stream can be played as 1080p. The 1080p video played correctly before. The inputsteam.adaptive settings never changed. It works fine before.
Is it possible to add in viewoptions specific view option for youtube plugin?

I am using unfortunately Kodi 16.1 Jarvis because the android it's running can only support up until Jarvis and can't install higher (using default Confluence Skin mostly because I like performance) but I am not sure if that affects latest plugin version.

Been checking in youtube plugin (it looks that I am using latest 6.0.2) view_manager.py and noticed some view options in there and even tried to add my own under default and installed it from zip but that doesn't look it does anything.

Perhaps I am missing something or am I going this wrong way around?
4K does not work for 5-6 months already, at least 1440p worked well.
But since yesterday i can only watch 720p and only with disabled InputStream (with it enabled playback doesn't start at all).
InputStream is set to 10 000 000 - 90 000 000 with Ignore display resolution enabled. Kodi version 17.6. I have tried the latest 18dev with Youtube plugin v6.0.1 a11, had the same result.
So, the question is, is this the YouTube plugin or Kodi, or InputStream bug ?
(2018-07-02, 14:25)macula Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to add in viewoptions specific view option for youtube plugin?

Please see the following from the FAQ in Post 4 on Page 1 here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2681561

* WHY CAN'T I CHOOSE THE VIEW IN THE ADDON SETTINGS ANYMORE?

You can solve this by using the Unofficial version of the addon (which allows you to set views) and you can find this by clicking "Links to all Releases " in Post 1 on Page 1 here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2681528

In general the 'Media Info' view works best for YouTube videos.
@mv-- I've opened a ticket regarding this issue, https://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17946#ticket

@infodroid I've opened a ticket regarding this issue, https://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17947#ticket

@asik1 The default live streams do not work in Kodi 17 or less. For Kodi 17 live streams require InputStream Adaptive >= 2.0.12, and mpeg-dash enabled.

@blindhai, @xodi, and @sany0k 
Try setting inputstream.adaptive min. bandwidth to 0, it appears the behaviour has changed since recommending 30000000 originally. 
Also 1440p+ seems to have been moved to an unsupported codec, so likely max you'll see atm is 1080p.
(2018-07-04, 16:51)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]For Kodi 17 live streams require InputStream Adaptive >= 2.0.12, and mpeg-dash enabled.

Thank you for the tip anxdpanic, but I'm clueless how to install/enable this on my android player, I don't find such addon/setting.
I'm with confluence K17.6 skin.
I need one more step from you, thank you.

** Well, I got the zip file, but when I tried to install it, K17.6 reported "Failed to install"
(2018-07-04, 16:51)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@infodroid I've opened a ticket regarding this issue, https://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17947#ticket
 @anxdpanic 
That's great, thank you. Hopefully it gets fixed sometimes soon, it's the only thing right know keeping me from using Leia.

I still had the following problem:
(2018-06-25, 22:14)infodroid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-16, 18:02)r0ck0 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone have a problem with the time display in kodi being moved ahead 5 hours when the dash proxy is enabled in the YT plugin? If the dash proxy is not enabled I don't get dash video, if the proxy is enabled the time moves ahead 5 hours when it starts a new video and wont go back to normal until kodi is reset, the time in the OS is always correct. Running kodi 18 nightlies on android shield with yt 6.0.2 with a private API key.
Finally someone with the same problem I was so close to kicking the Shield out of the window. I'm experiencing this as well. In my case the time jumps back 2 hours. I thinks it has something to do with the GMT offset. Mine is GMT+2. It started after updating the Nvidia Shield to Android Oreo and I can see in r0ck0's debug log he is on Oreo as well. When I quit Kodi and start it again time is back to normal until playing a mpeg-dash video. Outside of Kodi the time is always right.

This happens with YT plug-in 6.0.2 and 6.1.0 alpha11 in Krypton and Leia. When I disable mpeg dash in the plugin time does not jump back. This seems to be a specific problem with Android Oreo on the Nvidia Shield.     
So I investigated it further and got hold of the culprit. It's the attribute availabilityStartTime="2001-12-17T09:40:57Z" hard coded in generate_mpd from resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/video_info.py. If I remove this attribute the time does NOT jump back. Maybe inputstream.adaptive is doing something with this attribute that causes Kodi on the Shield or maybe Kodi on Android Oreo in general to do the time warp.
@asik1 Inputstream Adaptive is installed in different ways depending on OS, I believe its' included with android(not sure as I don't have an android device). You can find it by Add-ons - My Add-ons - VideoPlayer InputStream. You may need to enable it and you may not have a version high enough(2.0.12) for live streams.

@infodroid Thank you for looking into it further, I have removed the attribute and should be resolved in next version bump.
That's great, thank you.

It's not needed there anyways because the type is always static. I've looked it up in the spec (ISO/IEC 23009-1 5.3.1.2) and availabilityStartTime is only mandatory if type="dynamic".

Code:
For @type='dynamic' this attribute shall be present. In this case it specifies the anchor for the computation of the earliest availability time (in UTC) for any Segment in the Media Presentation.

For @type=“static” if present, it specifies the Segment availability start time for all Segments referred to in this MPD. If not present, all Segments described in the MPD shall become available at the time the MPD becomes available.
I had been having issues with Youtube playing only 720 streams like many others in this thread and regardless what settings combination I used it wouldn't play 1080p streams. Earlier I had reverse issue few months back where it would play 4k streams if those were available regardless the settings or restrictions.

Anyway, for the 720p only stream issue... checking "Enable mpeg-dash proxy" to ON in Youtube settings panel under "MPEG-DASH" section helped, and now Youtube is playing 1080p streams properly for me.

I'm having issue with signing-in however, it keeps giving "[500] Internal_Failure: Backend Error" after first activation dialog box.

UPDATE: Nevermind the signing issues. After I created by personal API key from Google dev console, and configure in Youtube settings panel I was able to sign-in without any issues.
(2018-07-09, 14:34)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@asik1 Inputstream Adaptive is installed in different ways depending on OS, I believe its' included with android(not sure as I don't have an android device). You can find it by Add-ons - My Add-ons - VideoPlayer InputStream. You may need to enable it and you may not have a version high enough(2.0.12) for live streams.
 I often have a problem with iputstream, when i want to backup and restore my Kodiinstallation. I made a direct copy from the sdcard from my Kodi Installation to use another card. After that the working installation didnt work for Youtube anymore. I can configure it to use Dash, but i still get only 720p. When i switch the card back, it works fine and in 1080p.
(2018-07-09, 14:34)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@asik1 Inputstream Adaptive is installed in different ways depending on OS, I believe its' included with android(not sure as I don't have an android device). You can find it by Add-ons - My Add-ons - VideoPlayer InputStream. You may need to enable it and you may not have a version high enough(2.0.12) for live streams.

Indeed I use this Kodi on Android. I downloaded the zip on my PC and transfer that to my android device were it wont install.
Is anyone viewing some of the 360 degree videos on youtube with this plugin? Lately they will play for a few minutes then lockup.

Thanks
Jon
http://paste.kodi.tv/icagupofoh

I have copied my Kodiinstallation from an USB Stick to a SD Card. Now my Youtube/Dash seems to be broken. I can still play Twitch 1080p with Dash but no 1080p with Youtube, only 720p.

I have tried to remove inputstream and Youtube, and tried the latest versions, but nothing seems to help. Settings are 10.000.000 bitrate and Ignore Display Resolution and 1080p under inputstream, but i tried different settings already. Not sure if that would help.
Do you need to SignIn to get 1080p in Youtube under Kodi?