Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've updated post #2 with beta2

[fix] add to watch history for non-dash streams
[lang] el_gr strings |contrib: twilight0|
[lang] nl_nl strings |contrib: Markman-B|

@DjDiabolik  This should resolve the issue you posted.

@jrod10133 The time changing issue is resolved in the current beta.
@anxdpanic yeah thanks. I hope i post my feedback correctly.......
Small issue, when playing youtube videos back to back if I play a 720p video it wont switch to 1080p. If I stop the 720p video and then play the 1080p it works fine. Normally I cast videos from my phone using the yatse remote and I don't stop the current video before playing the next. When that happens the videos don't properly switch resolutions. Using kodi 18 alpha 3 on shield/oreo. I can get logs if needed.
Can somebody explain DASH options to me please?
  1. What is the difference between "Enabe DASH" and "Enable dash-proxy" toggles? From what I found by trial and error, DASH does not work at all when second toggle is also not enabled. Can dash work without it somehow?
  2. Max Resolution only goes to 1080p. I assume 1440p and 4K are not supported then?
  3. What does Stream Selection setting do? Even if I pick manual, there is nothing asking me what stream to select when I start the video
  4. I assume quality settings on the general page are irrelevant when DASH is enabled (they only go up to 720p anyway)?
  5. Why do I sometimes get DASH (vdeo is 1080p) and sometimes don't (video is 720p)? Is there a way I can force enable dash every time?
Thanks.
@DjDiabolik There was enough information to point me to the correct spot.

@r0ck0 Thanks for the report, will look into it for next version. I should be able to reproduce based on the info you provided, if I'm not able to I will ping you for a log. 

@matejdro
1. The dash proxy is required for VODS as the message in the settings mentions. Otherwise it will only work with live streams (if inputstream.adaptive is a high enough version). These settings are renamed in 6.1.0.
2. Correct, >1080 uses a different codec which currently isn't supported by inputstream.adaptive.
3. Stream selection 'Manual' allows you to change resolution while watching. While a video is playing, open the Video Settings(near Subtitles) dialog from the OSD and you'll see the stream selection as the top option.
4. Correct again, the quality settings only work for non-dash, dash streams use inputstream.adaptive settings.
5. Not all dash streams are going to be greater than 720, unless you are running into the same issue as r0ck0, which I'll be looking into.
Thanks for the answers.

For 5, I've found this video that does not seem to work with DASH at all: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7O1mDv3aG0 . Youtube has 1080p stream, but even though I'm in manual mode, Kodi shows only one available video stream (720p one), so I assume DASH is not active at all. I've tested this with both 6.0.2 and 6.1.0-beta2. 

Logs from beta2: https://pastebin.com/V4wvsdiP
@matejdro The log doesn't show enough to be sure, but it appears script.yatse.kodi is using youtube-dl to resolve YouTube links and not handling dash urls. If that's the case it is outside the scope of the add-on. To test if the add-on is using dash for that stream you can search in the add-on for that video id. It appeared to be 1080p60 from the add-on when I checked.
You are right. Once I removed that plugin, DASH started to work reliably across the board.
Guys,

I would be very grateful if someone could look at my logs.  I have a problem with playing any live stream on youtube. Normal channels/movies are played fine, but when I try to play i.e al Jazeera live stream (or sky news), stream starts, but after 5 seconds I have a first - 5 second video freeze (sound is ok), then the streams continue for next 5-10 sec and after that it back to Kodi desktop.

http://paste.kodi.tv/muqolaposi - this is my last log (I believe that it is a full debug log)

Oryingaly I started the thread here but according to the suggestion of the OP, this is a better place to ask.
Today I get error

Code:
File "C:\Users\Andrey\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\kodion\impl\abstract_context.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                from ..utils import *
                                              File "C:\Users\Andrey\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\kodion\utils\__init__.py", line 6, in <module>
                                                from . import datetime_parser
                                            ImportError: cannot import name datetime_parser
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
03:27:19 T:9392   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/
03:27:19 T:9392   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/) failed

How I can fix, kodi jarvise.
For a long time did not use a plug-in ...
I wanted to see new videos from my channel .... in the spring everything worked perfectly.
now the plugin shows any videos excluding videos of my channel / account
I updated the plugin. I was newly authorized. I installed new keys.
the video of my channel refuses to show.
what could be the problem?
Is anyone having trouble with the search function with the alpha release of Libreelec 9?  Everytime you search and then click on an auto suggested term, Kodi crashes and restarts itself.  It did the same thing when I was trying the Millhouse releases.  I know its Alpha but just thought someone else may have already figured out a fix.
@anxdpanic  if i remeber correctly there's a similar little issue/bugs in the pass.......

Using the last beta2:
I have noticed this on "Rapid Search (Anonymous)"....... on Search Result if it's present a video already watched there's not correctly spotted as "already watched". For example if you found a video on search result you have already watched by the user channel or by your subscription on search result there's reported as no watched or you can't be resume from last interruption if it's a long video.

I don't know if i have correctly explain this little trouble........
@yaslaw For Kodi 17 live streams require InputStream Adaptive >= 2.0.12, and mpeg-dash enabled in the YouTube add-on. You can find inputstream.adaptive in Add-ons - My Add-ons - VideoPlayer InputStream. 

@FreakMurderer Would need a full debug_log (wiki), may need to re-install the add-on.

@aneumoin My Channel videos are fixed in the latest beta. See post #2

@mark2112 There is an issue with search in 6.0.2 on Kodi 18, if you haven't already I would try the latest beta. See post #2

@DjDiabolik "Rapid Search (Anonymous)"/Quick Search (Incognito) does that by design, regular Rapid/Quick Search should show watch marks though.
(2018-08-07, 13:38)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]CUT CUT
  @DjDiabolik "Rapid Search (Anonymous)"/Quick Search (Incognito) does that by design, regular Rapid/Quick Search should show watch marks though.
 Ah... it's in incognito full range Smile