Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I've tried to employ my google-fu, but is it a YT/DASH quirk that the AAC bitrate drops for the DASH stream? Or am I doing something wrong? (Version 6.1.3 on a Pi2 with OSMC/KODI 17.6)
See https://pasteboard.co/HCP0ina.png
Regards
/L
I'm getting an error on some videos ... many play but some do not but did last night ... 

here is the log https://paste.osmc.tv/sirosecaze

the error seems to start on the line that starts with this: 14:31:25.169 T:1503654656

tried rebooting - then logging out and back in ...
@el Grincho  The mpeg-dash quality shows the max supported streams, the higher quality streams are using a codec that inputstream.adaptive currently doesn't support.

@xenophrenia It looks like youtube has changed something, need to look into it further
Ok, so the "legacy" non DASH 720p has AAC@192, but the DASH-stream only has AAC up to 128 and higher bitrate audio streams are using unsupported codecs? if I get it right?
Regards
/L
addendum 

seems videos with music are the ones affected - I've been watching a lot of Marvel and GoT tribute videos and all of them with a song base are the ones that don't play - YouTube just launched a music service or a change to their music service - perhaps this is the cause of their change?
Looks like Youtube took a hammer to the mp3 ripping sites. Now no music videos play in the addon even the ones from years ago :-(
For. e.g.,
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCEvCXuglqo
i have tried in 4 different devices all running kodi 17.6  at home all with the same results ,2 of them using api keys 2 without  , any music files present an error all other videos play without problem . when i try to play the same music files through the  official youtube/website app they play fine
(2018-08-24, 17:20)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@siliconhippy I double checked and did some testing;
IPTV Simple Client playlist:
Code:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1, YouTube Test
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=yS2V6jQBXwk
On Kodi 17 it doesn't not work, on Kodi 18 it does work. There is nothing add-on wise that can be done to fix it for Kodi 17. 
@anxdpanic

Just in case, below is not a solution as 17.6 addon for above? I must go to Kodi 18 beta1?

(The install from zip in Addons keeps failing for m3u8-master.zip from GitHub.)

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:M3u8
I have installed the latest beta from post 2 in the hope that I could get this plugin working, but still cannot play live streams from My Channel. It looks like they start, but rather than a video launching I just go back to the info window. Debug log of me attempting to launch the live stream.
@el Grincho
Correct, those qualities may differ slightly in some cases but still the same idea.

@siliconhippy
That doesn't look like it would be of any help in resolving that issue.

@wgstarks
HLS live streams in Kodi 17 aren't working, for working live streams you'll require;
  1. inputstream.adaptive >= 2.0.12 installed and enabled
  2. YouTube add-on Settings -> MPEG-DASH -> Use mpeg-dash and Use for live streams enabled.
If still an issue please provide a new log showing the issue.

@xenophrenia, @gujal, @motlow , and everyone else:
the signature function not found issue is fixed in 6.1.4 and 6.2.0~alpha6

I've updated post #2 with versions that fix the signature not found issue.
I have been having issues with YouTube off and on for forever. If it's not check log error it's something else. Also no 1080p videos. This made me do the following. I created a shortcut on my desktop. Filled in the link to chrome in Windows. After the link I pasted the url to YouTube tv between " ". So that's https://YouTube.com/tv# and using advanced launcher made a favourite to the shortcut. I used the shortcut for my skin and now I have full YouTube TV with phone control and HD from within Kodi. No more drama in my life..
(2018-09-08, 17:00)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@xenophrenia, @gujal, @motlow , and everyone else:

working great now thanks
(2018-09-08, 17:00)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@xenophrenia, @gujal, @motlow , and everyone else:

THANK YOU ... you have no idea how happy this makes me to be able to watch this properly again ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6OVYkFLQlQ
(2018-09-08, 17:00)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@wgstarks
HLS live streams in Kodi 17 aren't working, for working live streams you'll require;
  2. YouTube add-on Settings -> MPEG-DASH -> Use mpeg-dash and Use for live streams enabled.
Worked great. Had a little trouble installing inputstream.adaptive. Looks like latest versions aren't compatible, but once I found it in the official repo no problems getting live stream working. THANKS.
(2018-09-08, 23:12)wgstarks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-08, 17:00)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@wgstarks
Worked great. Had a little trouble installing inputstream.adaptive. Looks like latest versions aren't compatible, but once I found it in the official repo no problems getting live stream working. THANKS. 
Looks like I posted too soon. Live stream plays great for about 60 seconds or so and then stops. View returns to info window. I may have something misconfigured in inputstream.adaptive settings. Huh

New debug log