Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@DurhamDev The problem only exists if a channel in your subscriptions doesn't have a title like shown in the screenshots here and here. Over the past few days I've noticed quite a few channel titles disappear, but right now all my subs have a channel title again. Maybe it was only a hiccup in Youtubes system.
(2018-09-25, 21:18)xgox Wrote: [ -> ]@Karellen  I hope you were talking about the "superrepo repository"? It took me a while to find it under "packages" but its gone now! Smile Next time I hope my log file will be clean from the start! Wink

Great. Thanks Smile
~there's no delete comment button~
@Amedeus

The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
@DarrenHill 

That would have been a lot less confusing if you had said "repositories" instead of "add-ons", considering I don't use any illegal or blacklisted add-ons. I'll post an updated log.
Actually, upon making a new log I've got an entirely different error here. The problem was that YouTube just plain didn't work. I couldn't even try to clear the cache databases without getting an error. I guess when I made the first log, I tried to open a YouTube video from my Kodi Favorites, while this time I just tried to open YouTube itself, so it's a much more concise error.

https://pastebin.com/xqYpN3kW

It looks like the plugin.video.youtube folder is missing entirely. I've tried rolling back the version and updating to the beta, but neither one fixed it. Do I just have to do a reinstall? If so, how would I back up my YouTube settings (assuming they weren't in that folder) so I don't have to retype the entire API key or maybe even lose the data on which videos I've already watched (I'm guessing Kodi itself actually saves that info, but I'm not very knowledgeable on this whole thing)?
Fair point, although technically a repo (aside from the built-in one) is an add-on too as you have to add it...

Anyway all add-ons store their data in individual folders in the addon_data subfolder in your userdata (wiki) folder.
@mrnwton 
Looks like a connectivity issue, if your connection supports IPv6 it may be worth trying with IPv6 disabled. See https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2748934

@fbacher
I'm not sure what is happening there, if you search for _4WgxKTJ09E in the YouTube add-on you'll be able to test if the add-on is having an issue with the video.

@DjDiabolik 
There have been a couple videos reported with the same behavior, and another that maxes at 360p without mpeg-dash. Hopefully have time this weekend to see if this is can be resolved in the add-on.

@Amedeus
The original issue should be able to be resolved by going to the Add-on Settings -> Maintenance and Delete access_manager.json. Will require re-login after doing this.
The new log doesn't appear to be the YouTube add-on directly causing the thumbnail loading issue(possibly favorites/widgets?). A full log with debugging enabled may shed some light on it. debug log (wiki)
Hello, I wanted to consult the following.
I do not know if it's because of the skin I use (mimic) or is the addon.
I need if it is possible that when I run the addon, it shows me as if it were in a smart, the last videos visited or the history in the form of widgets.
Since children use it and it would be easier to use.
Always enter for example to search and show me a list, not thumbnails.
Thank you
I should have been more specific in case anyone sees this without reading the log, but the missing addon.video.youtube folder is the one in Kodi's Temp folder.

@DarrenHill That's also fair. Sorry for my tone, I was just annoyed after scrambling to figure out which add-on could be the problem before finally realizing what the issue really was.

Thank you for the information, I backed up the files.

@anxdpanic Trying to delete access_manager.json also gave me an error. I'm including a debug log wherein I tried to open YouTube and then tried to delete that file. Is it maybe something that could befixed by deleting it manually through, say, ES File Explorer, or does this seem to go deeper than that with this error in mind?

I didn't know I was having a thumbnail issue. The only thing I can think of would be how any YouTube playlists I put in my Kodi Favorites will now (as of months ago) display the thumbnail of the second video in the playlist instead of the first. It wasn't really a big issue so I never looked into it.

https://pastebin.com/hTwsmDWR
I seem to be having the same issue as @Amedeus. I use the app frequently, but only noticed today. Not sure when this started.

When YouTube (6.1.4) starts, it throws an error (PythonToCppException).

I have tried to delete cache and other things mentioned here before and that just throws the very same error. 

Which logs do you require me to send (and since I've never send logs please be kind and tell me where exactly from I need to deliver them) as to be able to help solve this issue.

edit:
I think this is the log you want ? https://pastebin.com/Mm4VW92B

edit2:
OSMC specific logging: https://paste.osmc.tv/apufozaguf
lol

I'm going to answer my own issue, and hopefully help @Amedeus (and others) who get a YouTube Error "See log for details" and see "EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--"

Now this is a workaround, and please make sure you know what you are doing. ** BACKUP FIRST **

This is how I solved my issue:

- Backup .kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube
- Backup .kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube
- remove YouTube addon
- restart

Go with FileZilla or Putty or any other tool to the .kodi folder and delete:
.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube
.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube

- restart
- Install a new "fresh" YouTube addon
- YouTube add-on Settings -> Maintenance -> Delete data cache database (Just in case)
- YouTube Add-on Settings -> Maintenance -> Delete access_manager.json (just in case)

- Now from your backup, restore .kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/settings.xml

In my case, I had API key and stuff in there. After that, log in (need to re-activate the plugin twice) and the problem was solved for me.

Hope this helps anyone else.

I think it's a cache related issue, or something in the database anyway. However, the delete cache and database tips given earlier resulted in the same error for me. This is how I got past that issue.
I have a problem. When a video is added to Kodi's favorites and I try to reproduce where the video was going if it starts where I was going but the sound starts from the beginning of the video. Is it a bug?
Does anyone experience the following issue:
if I start a live stream the kodi time will be always set to GMT. This doesn't happen with vods. This can only be fixed if I restart kodi. My system is android Oreo (shield TV) and latest nightly. I also have this bug with another dash live stream add-on (dazn)

Is there a workaround?
I am also having the same issue as synixus, I am not seeing HD/720p videos.  All videos play in SD only.  Even when I set it manually in the settings or let it ask me to choose the quality every time, I am only seeing qualities up to 360p.

https://pastebin.com/U34Fq6Hm