Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks @anxdpanic for pointing me to post #2. Unfortunately I am experiencing the same problem as other posters above.
Hey, is it possible to randomise videos from two or more playlists?
@Arber That is not possible with the add-on currently.

@meNick, @samueljones, @JNRW

The issue you were seeing was my fault, combined with (un)lucky test streams that were some of the few that were working.
w/ Kodi 18 non-dash live streams seem to work without issue
w/ mpeg-dash and Kodi 17 and 18 most streams should now play with beta1. Some of the live streams have large sync issues that I don't believe I can resolve with the add-on. Time shifting back a small amount seemed to work, not sure how reliable this is though.

I've updated post #2 with beta1
- fixup live streams
- translation
Thanks for beta 1 but, regrettably, the same thing is happening in that the stream loads but then closes after around 15 seconds.

One thing, at your link there is a choice between an unofficial zip file and another. Which one should we use?
@JNRW
Will need a complete debug log (wiki) as I'm not able to reproduce with beta1.
Either version is fine, unofficial requires manual updating but includes a couple things that are not allowed on the official repository, like; treating videos as episodes (more skin views available), and automatically setting preferred skin views (run Advanced -> Setup wizard).
@anxdpanic
Not sure why you went from alpha to beta since live streams were not working.
But in any case I can confirm that this also does not work: plugin.video.youtube-unofficial-6.3.0.beta1.zip
Same issue: live streams terminate after about 15 seconds of play. Tried HSN, HSN2, and QVC -- alll with same result.

You have created a "must have" tool in Youtube addon and although I've said it before: a tip of my hat to you. Thank you for all that you do.

Now get this fixed! Smile Smile
@meNick
It's bumped to beta because I will only be doing fixes now until release, it also signals to translators that I won't be adding anymore strings unless absolutely necessary.
As for the live stream issue, there is also only so much I can do from the add-on to resolve issues like these (the issues are happening outside of the add-ons control)

My mistake on only quick testing Kodi 17, Kodi 18 appears to be the only one working.
From what I can tell;
    The default streams were fixed in Kodi 18 with the ffmpeg updates.
    The mpeg-dash streams seem to only be working with the version of inputstream.adaptive on Kodi 18 (still some issues though)
I'm not able to resolve either of these issues for older versions of Kodi.  Seconds after I responded I had one last idea for the second issue, and it appears it was a property that was not supported by inputstream.adaptive in Kodi 17 and adding manually to the dash streams seems to have resolved the issue for Kodi 17.

If you provide the video ids or links to the affected channels, and I can double check them here.
One last effort to resolve live streams for Kodi 17 w/ mpeg-dash, post #2 is updated with beta2
Well, I downloaded this version from your post #2:
plugin.video.youtube-unofficial-6.3.0.beta2.zip

After installing I ran it on HSN, HSN2 and QVC Live Streams for about 5 minutes each and they worked PERFECTLY!
I think you did it! See.... never give up Smile   I have faith in you Smile

Below is the code for the 3 streams that I tested using Kodi 17 in "favorites" format so you should be able to just click to confirm tests.
Again, THANK YOU, for this.

<favourite name="HSN (Youtube)" thumb="https://i.ytimg.com/vi/1ph8qQnjXts/hqdefault_live.jpg?ct=1539682200.0">PlayMedia(&quot;plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=1ph8qQnjXts&quot;)</favourite>
    <favourite name="HSN2 Live Stream" thumb="https://i.ytimg.com/vi/1pepSUbkLVI/hqdefault_live.jpg?v=5b884172?ct=1539862200.0">PlayMedia(&quot;plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=1pepSUbkLVI&quot;)</favourite>
    <favourite name="QVC (Youtube)" thumb="https://i.ytimg.com/vi/2v9ytGk5KhI/hqdefault_live.jpg?ct=1539681300.0">PlayMedia(&quot;plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=2v9ytGk5KhI&quot;)</favourite>
@anxdpanic

Thanks for all your work with these fixes and additional features. Just one question though, I see you added the following feature:

[upd] shift listitem focus when adding/removing from playlist

I'm not sure if this was based on a request (ah yes, I see it here on github: https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo...-452691903) but for me it is actually quite disconcerting and in most cases works opposite to the task at hand (for me).

eg: I have a lot of subscriptions and sometimes (eg: Thurs/Fri when most videos come out) I can have 50 or more new videos. So every day I go to my subscriptions and page through to the last one that I watched. Then to keep everything in date order I work backwards (up the list) from there adding videos to the watchlater playlist, until I am back on page 1.

But this new shift listitem focus kind of works against me, moving focus forward (down the list), opposite to the task that I am doing.

Is this something that could be optional to switch on, and maybe even on option for focus to move up or down instead as preferred by the user? So Option: Off > Up > Down

THANKS! Smile
@anxdpanic

Thanks much for your wonderful volunteer efforts and patient answers to all our aggressive questions and complaints 🐱🐱🐱

I am on Leia RC4 and YouTube plugin v 6.3.0 beta 2 ( the stable v 6.2.3 doesn't work except for the brief mp4 flash as below) on my S905W X96mini 1/8 G TV box.

I have been streaming fine until last week I believe on PVR IPTV Simple Client via plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id= {11 character Youtube URL code at end}

But with above version, I do see the picture in .ts freeze all the time and audio cut out. With mp4 I see a partial picture with a big YouTube logo which ends in about 2 sec with a PVR error.

Don't know what Youtube is doing this time. But I am sure you will brain wave yet another fix ! ☺😎😃
(2019-01-11, 22:45)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]One last effort to resolve live streams for Kodi 17 w/ mpeg-dash, post #2 is updated with beta2
I can confirm that it is working fine with Kodi17. Live-Streams are working again.
Direct update via zip-file from last official release. No other changes.
Thanks @anxdpanic for all your effort.

Everything is working fine now and I am very grateful.
I'm having issues with playing certain videos (not all), but it only seems to happen when I'm signed in.
Things I have tried - Using the alpha and beta versions from the past week, trying MPEG-DASH, changed the resolution/using a lower resolution/prompting for a lower/resolution, creating and using a custom API, uninstalling/reinstalling the addon, and deleting the addon settings to start fresh.
If I'm signed out, the videos seem to play fine but stop playing as soon as I sign back in.
Here is a copy of my debug log experiencing this problem: Debug Log
Thanks for any help you can provide.
Is reading/displaying of comments that were posted below videos possible?
I know that the YT Comments API allows retrieval of max 100 comments + next-page-token with each fetch. Just asking if it's implemented.
Couldn't find it in the code. But maybe I overlooked it.