Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-01-14, 23:49)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-14, 23:35)burekas Wrote: [ -> ]What about the issue of resolutions above 1080p, why is it shown as UNK (short of unknown I guess), instead of 4K? 
Not sure what you mean by this. Is it a skin label?
The audio streams show as unknown from the generated dash.       
My mistake, tt seems that the UNK relates to the language.

- BUT -
This is what I see for 1080p from youtube.
You can see the 1080 right to 16:9

And for 4K video, nothing show up right to the 16:9 text

My skin is Titan, and when I'm playing 4K video, there is 4K there.

EDIT:
I have checked it, and it seems that it chooses the 1440p instead of 2160p (4K) as max resolution?
Maybe the skin doesn't know what is 1440p? Because the skin definitely show 4K when the video is 4K

Why doesn't it take the 2160p (4k) as max resolution? Should I need to change the Min. Bandwidth to be over 30000000?
(2018-01-15, 00:09)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]Yes that is correct, mpeg-dash overrides that quality setting if the mpeg-dash stream is availble. With mpeg-dash enabled your quality is controlled by the inputstream.adaptive settings that I mentioned previously.
Thanks, good to know.
Great work, I'm appreciate it and your help too.

Thanks again, and waiting for updates.
I've updated post #2

Changes from alpha16 - 17 
  • string updates
  • proxy using onSettingsChanged callback instead of polling settings
  • restrict proxy clients to local address only
(2018-01-15, 01:31)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]I've updated post #2

Changes from alpha16 - 17 
  • string updates
  • proxy using onSettingsChanged callback instead of polling settings
  • restrict proxy clients to local address only

After the update the MPEG-DASH isn't shown and not working.
On alpha 16 it was good
May require a restart of Kodi, otherwise post a debug_log (wiki).
Yes, restarting kodi and it's working again.

But how can I get the 4K resolution from youtube?
I have tried to set the Min. Bandwidth as 40000000 and still get 1440p instead of 2160p (4K)
I believe most/all > 1440p streams are VP9 codec, which isn't supported by inputstream.adaptive currently.
(2018-01-15, 02:11)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]I believe most/all > 1440p streams are VP9 codec, which isn't supported by inputstream.adaptive currently.
OK, thanks for the answers.
Hope there will be also a 4K support in the near future.
Good days folks!

I would like to ask a quick question about live streaming and this plug in.

I've recently re-installed Kodi after a blank format, re-installed the plugin and renewed the API key with a new one and so forth.
Any video in my youtube mumbo jumbo works properly, the live stream is acting weird:

When I play it, it takes a few moment to load, like it always did and, as soon as it starts, it goes for 2-3 seconds and then lock. After some secods the buffering icon comes but it move ultra slow and eventually it dies out going back to the youtube interface.

I've tried to check directly on youtube about the video but on the browser it ran smoothly.
Is there something wrong with the script? Do I have to check/uncheck something in the options?

Thanks in advance!
Please read the last few pages here, the issue is discussed in many posts.
(2018-01-15, 21:24)jmh2002 Wrote: [ -> ]Please read the last few pages here, the issue is discussed in many posts.
 Ah, thanks! Smile I've just skimmed along, time to dive into the readings then Wink
I know that Helix is outdated but it is all I use and I am running YouTube 5.4.2 and it works great, except for "My Channel". It just does not play anymore. Is there a fix for this? Everything else works fine. I also updated it to 5.4.5 but that does not work at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Shedrock
@shedrock 
At the moment, post #2 - 5.4.6 version
Awesome! I will definitely give that a try tonight.
updated to Kodi 18 alpha Weekly Linux 4.15-rc8 build #0115x from milhouse and installed youtube 5.5.0alpha17 and DASH isn't
 working anymore. i already reboot kodi; DASH support is broken. 

anyone an idea?