Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-04-03, 17:41)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@Damnster
Your login information has been corrupted somehow 
Execute 'Settings - Maintenance - Delete access_manager.json'
or
Manually delete userdata (wiki)\addon_data\plugin.video.youtube\access_manager.json

Thanks, it worked.
Hi,

I'm on kodi 18 on a raspberry 3 and until I updated to kodi 18 youtube was working perfectly.
Now when I add the Personal keys on 6.4.0 of this plugin like this:

<!-- personal api key -->
    <category label="30200">
        <setting id="youtube.api.enable" type="bool" label="30204" value="true"/>
        <setting id="youtube.api.key" type="text" label="30201" value="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" visible="eq(-1,true)"/>
        <setting id="youtube.api.id" type="text" label="30202" value="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" visible="eq(-2,true)"/>
        <setting id="youtube.api.secret" type="text" label="30203" value="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" visible="eq(-3,true)"/>
        <setting id="youtube.api.key.switch" type="enum" label="30205" values="0|1|2|3|4|5" visible="eq(-4,false)" default="1"/>
        <setting id="youtube.allow.dev.keys" type="bool" label="30608" default="true"/>
        <setting id="youtube.api.config.address" type="lsep" label="30633" visible="eq(1,true)"/>
        <setting id="youtube.api.config.page" type="bool" label="30632" default="false"/>
    </category>

(I changed default to value in the variable name)

I get:

2019-04-04 09:55:44.835 T:1498407664   ERROR: [plugin.video.youtube] Requesting device and user code failed: Code: |401| JSON: |{u'error_description': u
'The OAuth client was not found.', u'error': u'invalid_client'}|

I tried using client ID with and without the apps.googleusercontent.com, neither work.

Is there something wrong with the setup wizard maybe?
How can I search more thoroughly in the logs?
(2019-04-03, 18:19)Damnster Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-03, 17:41)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@Damnster
Your login information has been corrupted somehow 
Execute 'Settings - Maintenance - Delete access_manager.json'
or
Manually delete userdata (wiki)\addon_data\plugin.video.youtube\access_manager.json

Thanks, it worked.
Something changed on YT side.
I also had to relog with my both clients.
One runs stable, the other alpha/beta Plugin.
(2019-04-04, 10:00)stokks Wrote: [ -> ]--> SNIP <--

2019-04-04 09:55:44.835 T:1498407664   ERROR: [plugin.video.youtube] Requesting device and user code failed: Code: |401| JSON: |{u'error_description': u

I tried using client ID with and without the apps.googleusercontent.com, neither work.

double check your keys. also make sure it didn't get disabled by accident. Google Console does that sometimes.

Thanks
Jeff
(2019-04-04, 17:50)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-04, 10:00)stokks Wrote: [ -> ]--> SNIP <--

double check your keys. also make sure it didn't get disabled by accident. Google Console does that sometimes.

Thanks
Jeff 

Hi,

I think I checked it two or three times, and I'm sure they are correct Smile
But no result.
About the Google console, i see that the API usage is detected, but still I get the same error...
Is there anything else I can do?
(2019-04-04, 10:00)stokks Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
I get:

That error message is very clear. The provided OAuth Client ID is wrong. Not found. Code 401 equals Unauthorised.
Have you not by accident entered the API Key value as youtube.api.id, and the OAuth Client ID as the youtube.api.key ? Or check for weird (undisplayed) characters at the start and end of the value at youtube.api.id (set your text editor to display control characters).
Also see these forum posts : https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2696831 or older https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2658945
And these comments at GitHub : https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo...-363815984 (last comment) and https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo...-352182903
Hey guys, there are some seemingly random videos that wont play using the add-on. Here is one that I cant get to work. It seems to start to play and retrieves the title but just quits out.
Here is the video link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn-3KuuVj-o
Here is the relevant part of my debug log pelubufesa.kodi (paste)
(2019-04-06, 03:59)Pigeon14 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, there are some seemingly random videos that wont play using the add-on. Here is one that I cant get to work. It seems to start to play and retrieves the title but just quits out.

That video doesn't work for me either
(2019-04-05, 12:01)stokks Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I think I checked it two or three times, and I'm sure they are correct Smile
But no result.
About the Google console, i see that the API usage is detected, but still I get the same error...
Is there anything else I can do? 

at this point i would send a debug log (wiki) to see whats up with the oauth id. Other thing you could do is try recreating the id.

Jeff
(2019-04-06, 03:59)Pigeon14 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, there are some seemingly random videos that wont play using the add-on. Here is one that I cant get to work. It seems to start to play and retrieves the title but just quits out.

Can you do a debug log (wiki) for us so we can see the error you are getting.

jeff
(2019-04-07, 13:53)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]

Can you do a debug log (wiki) for us so we can see the error you are getting.

jeff 
I linked to the log. The relevant part starts around line 95.
(2019-04-03, 17:41)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@saxonthebeach
Enable and configure MPEG-DASH (in the YouTube add-on settings) and InputStream Adaptive, if that doesn't resolve the issue provide a complete debug log (wiki)

In settings -> MPEG-DASH "Use MPEG-DASH" is greyed out. It says "Proxy is required for mpeg-dash vods (see HTTP Server). I'm not sure what I need to have in my HTTP Server settings.
@Pigeon14 
You only provided a snippet of the debug log (wiki), that video also works fine here.

@saxonthebeach 
You don't need to change your HTTP Server settings, just need to enable Use MPEG-DASH and Use for videos.
Use MPEG-DASH is greyed out because InputStream Adaptive is not installed or enabled, how to do that will depend on your OS. Searching this thread you may find that information as well.
(2019-04-08, 02:52)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@Pigeon14 
You only provided a snippet of the debug log (wiki), that video also works fine here.

@saxonthebeach 
You don't need to change your HTTP Server settings, just need to enable Use MPEG-DASH and Use for videos.
Use MPEG-DASH is greyed out because InputStream Adaptive is not installed or enabled, how to do that will depend on your OS. Searching this thread you may find that information as well.

Thanks- did not realize InputStream Adaptive was an add-on itself. All working now.
(2019-04-08, 02:52)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@Pigeon14 

@saxonthebeach 

Here is a full log of the video not working. 95% of other videos work but this one does not. I've had others refuse to work in the past as well, but have never kept a list.
cisegunuku.kodi (paste)