Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: unable to show information - video starts playing no matter what the setting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using KODI v18.6 with the Amber skin.
When I click on a video in my library, it starts playing immediately.
I need to change this, to show information about the video first, and then click the play button to play.

So I changed Settings > Media Settings > Videos > Default Select Action from "Play" to "Show Information", but that had no effect at all. The Video start playing.

So I changed it to "Choose". Now when I clicked on a Video, a popup came up with 3 options "Play / Show information / More". When I select "Show Information" the movie starts playing! Tongue (when I click "Play" also).

How can I make it so when I click on a Video, information is shown first?
Thanks
@Nucleus

Can you switch back to the default skin Estuary and test again.
I changed back to Estuary and tried it again, and it works as expected.
So I'm assuming this is an Amber skin issue.

Can you move this to the correct forum? Or should I open a new post there?
Thanks
Yes looks like an Amber issue, but I cannot replicate the issue here as it shows me the Information Page.

I am using Kodi v18.6 and addon id="skin.amber" version="3.2.23"

No need to repost, I will move you into Amber
(2020-04-09, 07:19)Nucleus Wrote: [ -> ]I am using KODI v18.6 with the Amber skin.
When I click on a video in my library, it starts playing immediately.
I need to change this, to show information about the video first, and then click the play button to play.

So I changed Settings > Media Settings > Videos > Default Select Action from "Play" to "Show Information", but that had no effect at all. The Video start playing.

So I changed it to "Choose". Now when I clicked on a Video, a popup came up with 3 options "Play / Show information / More". When I select "Show Information" the movie starts playing! Tongue (when I click "Play" also).

How can I make it so when I click on a Video, information is shown first?
Thanks
@Nucleus , what version of Amber are you using? Also, do you have plugin.video.themoviedb.helper installed? If so, which version?  Please let me know so I can better evaluate the issue.  I have not been able to replicate this issue.  I am running Kodi 18.6 under Windows 10.  My versions of Amber and tmdb helper are 3.2.57 (available in the Amber repo) and 2.3.3 (available in jurialmunkey's repo or his GitHub).  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@Nucleus , were you able to get this sorted out? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart