Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Disney+
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could we add a library function? please
Got this working under LibreELEC now by updating to nightly build. However if I have latest LE build and try to install it fails, if I install then update LE it works fine. But aside from that it's all good. Thanks
(2020-04-10, 17:28)HuwSy Wrote: [ -> ]Got this working under LibreELEC now by updating to nightly build. However if I have latest LE build and try to install it fails, if I install then update LE it works fine. But aside from that it's all good. Thanks
I am on Libreelec 9.2.2 and can not update inputstream adaptive. The Libreelec repository is still on 2.4.3.
Hi @matthuisman 

thanks for this nice addon!

Two questions:

1.) Are you planning to implement profiles?
2.) Are you planning "My List" for each profile?

Thanks in advance
Wow, excellent. I am super glad to see this ... Worked first time on Win 10. Thanks for all the work! Another awesome streaming app for Kodi.
(2020-04-10, 17:55)Ipaddle Wrote: [ -> ]I am on Libreelec 9.2.2 and can not update inputstream adaptive. The Libreelec repository is still on 2.4.3.

You will need one of the nightly builds from http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/master/ but be warned the python version and add-on schema is changing so some of your other add-ons may not function.
(2020-04-11, 19:01)HuwSy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-10, 17:55)Ipaddle Wrote: [ -> ]I am on Libreelec 9.2.2 and can not update inputstream adaptive. The Libreelec repository is still on 2.4.3.

You will need one of the nightly builds from http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/master/ but be warned the python version and add-on schema is changing so some of your other add-ons may not function.

This addon also works with stable LE 9.2 and IA 2.4.4.1 which is already available in the LE repo.
Thank you! Now we need to try 1080p playback in WINDOWS 10. Also, an option to add Movies & TV available at Disney+ to our libraries. Similarly to what the Netflix & AMAZON VOD add-on have.
(2020-04-11, 19:19)debutanker Wrote: [ -> ]This addon also works with stable LE 9.2 and IA 2.4.4.1 which is already available in the LE repo.

Ah depends on device. I'm using a RPi which needed me to move to a newer version.
@27hectormanuel  - higher than 720 is not possible as they limit higher resolutions to Level 1 Widevine devices
All desktops are Level 3.

Most Level 1 devices are Android TV devices by proper companys (Nvidia Shield, MiBox etc)
Even then, the higher quality streams may not play via Kodi Widevine.

SlyGuy has told me he doesn't really want to add the library integration stuff.
Unless Kodi has a proper way of doing it.
He assumes it all just hacking away at the kodi databases.
I agree with him on this.
I never wanted to touch the kodi databases.

Think there are some add-ons that can integrate other add-on content into library.
I think that's a better approach.
I assume they just simulate going through every plugin path searching for video content and then SQL inserting it into the current Kodi database.

UPDATE:
Looking here:
https://github.com/asciidisco/plugin.vid...Library.py

I see they use a physical file layout of strm files and meta files.
Thats better than SQL into DB.
I'll pass that onto to Slyfguy and he might want to look into something.
If he does something, I assume he will do it in his Common module so all his addons automatically can do library integration.
Great work and great addon! I agree with @matthuisman that library integration via .strm and .nfo files is a less intrusive way of adding things to the library. But I believe getting a profile section running first is more beneficial.

All in all this is a lot of great work!
Slyguy working on profile support today.
Then subtitles after that.

Proper audio language selection was fixed today in version 0.0.11

Disney now routes all it's requests via SlyGuys common proxy script.
This allows that script to parse and fix m3u8 (well make more compatible).
eg. IA would send language as "es-ES" if that was in the m3u8
Kodi only supports basic "es" for audio language - so wouldn't auto select that if audio language was set to Spanish.

So, the proxy will look for a language with {name}-{name} and replace it with {name}
Also, the disney have no default audio streams marked so kodi would pick just the first language if language is set to "Streamdefault" (kodi default setting)
The first language is more than likely wrong (well - not the original language)
So the add-on now tells the proxy what original language the content is in (its in the video data from disney api).
The proxy script will then add DEFAULT=YES to all the audio streams that match that original language.
Therefore making kodi pick the correct audio.

Setting audio language to a language also works (eg. Dutch)
Kodi will try to pick Dutch language, but then fallback to Default if there is no Dutch.

He plans on adding cache ahead to this proxy as well.
As all the m3u8 (and mpds) etc all go through it, it can read the segment templates.
Then when one is requested, it can start a thread to download X segments ahead.
Then when it gets the request for the next segment, it returns the cached segment.
(2020-04-12, 04:11)matthuisman Wrote: [ -> ]He plans on adding cache ahead to this proxy as well.
As all the m3u8 (and mpds) etc all go through it, it can read the segment templates.
Then when one is requested, it can start a thread to download X segments ahead.
Then when it gets the request for the next segment, it returns the cached segment.
This looks like a feature that other addons can benefit from and should be done on a different layer in the kodi ecosystem later on as well.
Well, there is a GSOC 2020 for adding adaptive streaming and cache ahead to Inputream Adaptive:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=352958

So hopefully my "hacky" work-around won't be needed for long