Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-09-02, 15:13)RabidHadron Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Captain, I cannot find any option to "Autoplay" other than "autoplay next episode" which I don't think can be relevant here, I currently have that turned off anyway.

I might try and see if there is any way to debug whats going on as I don't actually see what is passed to Chrome as the new tab disappears too quickly.

Autoplay can be disabled in the iPlayer WWW Settings. Please go to the "Streams" tab/section and uncheck "Play stream automatically using these settings". This gives you an extra menu layer for each programme which allows you to select a specific stream.
(2017-09-02, 15:30)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]Autoplay can be disabled in the iPlayer WWW Settings. Please go to the "Streams" tab/section and uncheck "Play stream automatically using these settings". This gives you an extra menu layer for each programme which allows you to select a specific stream.
Great, found it and turned it off, though I now at least am given the option of selecting a specific stream, the same thing still happens, Chrome opens a new tab with whatever Kodi is sending to it then immediately closes the tab.
(2017-09-04, 02:50)RabidHadron Wrote: [ -> ]Great, found it and turned it off, though I now at least am given the option of selecting a specific stream, the same thing still happens, Chrome opens a new tab with whatever Kodi is sending to it then immediately closes the tab.

Well, at least we now know that bit of logic was not the cause.

Did you try using HLS or DASH? I would recommend DASH as Chrome should be able to play that internally.

Can you please give some more information on how Kodi passes the stream to Chrome? Are you using an add-on for that? If so, which one?
(2017-09-04, 07:18)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]Well, at least we now know that bit of logic was not the cause.

Did you try using HLS or DASH? I would recommend DASH as Chrome should be able to play that internally.

Can you please give some more information on how Kodi passes the stream to Chrome? Are you using an add-on for that? If so, which one?

This is the content of my playercorefactory.xml file, the top part tells Kodi to open streams up in Chrome. The reason for this is it enables me to cast a tab rather than the entire desktop thereby reducing lag.

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>

<player name="Chrome" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe</filename>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<playcountminimumtime>120</playcountminimumtime>
</player>

</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!---
********** EDIT THIS SECTION **********
-->
<rule protocols="smb" player="Chrome" />
<rule dvdimage="true" player="Chrome"/>
<rule protocols="rtmp" player="Chrome"/>
<rule protocols="rtsp" player="Chrome" />
<rule protocols="sop" player="Chrome" />
<rule internetstream="true" player="Chrome" />
<rule video="true" player="Chrome"/> <!-- Default for anything else not listed -->
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
Strange problem here - wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same...

As of a few days ago iPlayer has started buffering all the time to the extent that I can't watch anything because it happens every 30 seconds or so. I don't think it's my connection either as I'm able to watch 1080p YouTube flawlessly - I'm not using a vpn service and am based in in the UK.
(2017-09-28, 21:14)dcrdev Wrote: [ -> ]Strange problem here - wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same...

As of a few days ago iPlayer has started buffering all the time to the extent that I can't watch anything because it happens every 30 seconds or so. I don't think it's my connection either as I'm able to watch 1080p YouTube flawlessly - I'm not using a vpn service and am based in in the UK.

I haven't had any problems lately. Which version of the add-on and Kodi are you using? If you are on 3.0.x, are you using HLS or DASH streams?
Just so everyone knows: Highlights are finally back in the latest release.
(2017-10-06, 21:05)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]Just so everyone knows: Highlights are finally back in the latest release.

Trying to play anything from Highlights seems broken. Although I get the list of programmes, whenever I try to play one I get

Code:
Invalid URL 'iplayer/episode/xxxxx/yyyy': No Schema Supplied. Perhaps you meant http://iplayer/episode/xxxxx/yyyy'

I also get this when trying to play something from the 'Iplayer:Added' section. I think this was working up until a few days ago.

I've tried with Kodi debug logging on but I can't see this (or any other errors) in the log.

Edit: Should have also mentioned, when trying to play an item, after it fails it leaves a permanent Notification on screen saying "Finding Episodes.....0%" and the only way to get rid of it is to restart Kodi.
Im also getting the same error

Code:
Invalid URL 'iplayer/episode/xxxxx/yyyy': No Schema Supplied. Perhaps you meant http://iplayer/episode/xxxxx/yyyy'

this is when trying to watch streams from the added section
(2017-10-14, 11:47)renzz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-10-06, 21:05)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]Just so everyone knows: Highlights are finally back in the latest release.

Trying to play anything from Highlights seems broken. Although I get the list of programmes, whenever I try to play one I get

Code:

I also get this when trying to play something from the 'Iplayer:Added' section. I think this was working up until a few days ago.

I've tried with Kodi debug logging on but I can't see this (or any other errors) in the log.

Edit: Should have also mentioned, when trying to play an item, after it fails it leaves a permanent Notification on screen saying "Finding Episodes.....0%" and the only way to get rid of it is to restart Kodi.

Thanks for the description. We have been using sort of abbreviated URLs so far. The error looks like they discontinued those. I assume this can be fixed relatively easy, but I don't have a schedule when I will get to this. Worst case might be end of the week.
(2017-10-15, 06:30)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-10-14, 11:47)renzz Wrote: [ -> ]

Code:

Thanks for the description. We have been using sort of abbreviated URLs so far. The error looks like they discontinued those. I assume this can be fixed relatively easy, but I don't have a schedule when I will get to this. Worst case might be end of the week.

I am sorry to say, but I think you are getting an experimental website again. It all works well for me.
Please try deleting the file iplayer.cookies in your Kodi profile folder under userdata->addon_data->plugin.video.iplayerwww
Hi,

I have an odd error, related to profiles.

I have a Kids profile set up so they can access their films/music etc. That profile has the iPlayer add-on set to Cbeebies mode. However, it only shows a limited number of programmes (to about 'D' in the A-Z).

The add-on works fine in the default profile. Inputstream.adaptive is enabled. Skin is Aeon Nox.

Any ideas?
Been a while since I used kodi, I only briefly used it on the original RPi version B.
Now I got myself a new Mecool M8S Pro+, yes the one with the dodgy eMMC.
Anyway, I just want to use iPlayer on it. I use Unlocator since I am outside the UK.
Unlocator always works fine on PC and even my Android phone.
I cannot get iPlayer WWW working reliably. It is always buffering, hangs or kicks me out of the stream suddenly after a certain amount of time.
It seems that changing the setting from HLS to DASH helps, but the setting gets lost when you exist Kodi or even just open a stream.
If anyone can tell me how to get this working reliably I would love to know. Again, my connection is not the issue (FttH) and Unlocator works fine otherwise.
(2017-09-04, 12:49)RabidHadron Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-04, 07:18)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]Well, at least we now know that bit of logic was not the cause.

This is the content of my playercorefactory.xml file, the top part tells Kodi to open streams up in Chrome. The reason for this is it enables me to cast a tab rather than the entire desktop thereby reducing lag.

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>

<player name="Chrome" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe</filename>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<playcountminimumtime>120</playcountminimumtime>
</player>

</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!---
********** EDIT THIS SECTION **********
-->
<rule protocols="smb" player="Chrome" />
<rule dvdimage="true" player="Chrome"/>
<rule protocols="rtmp" player="Chrome"/>
<rule protocols="rtsp" player="Chrome" />
<rule protocols="sop" player="Chrome" />
<rule internetstream="true" player="Chrome" />
<rule video="true" player="Chrome"/> <!-- Default for anything else not listed -->
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Can I do the same thing on Android?
(2017-10-16, 19:59)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-10-15, 06:30)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-10-14, 11:47)renzz Wrote: [ -> ]Trying to play anything from Highlights seems broken. Although I get the list of programmes, whenever I try to play one I get

Code:

I am sorry to say, but I think you are getting an experimental website again. It all works well for me.
Please try deleting the file iplayer.cookies in your Kodi profile folder under userdata->addon_data->plugin.video.iplayerwww

I deleted that file (and rebooted) but unfortunately I'm still getting the same error.