Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have got the UHD streams to play but only get sound and a cine camera icon on the screen. Am I missing a codec or something?
I have 75Mbs internet. Standard streams play OK

Regards

Oddrocks
(2018-07-05, 22:54)oddrocks Wrote: [ -> ]I have got the UHD streams to play but only get sound and a cine camera icon on the screen. Am I missing a codec or something?
I have 75Mbs internet. Standard streams play OK

Regards

Oddrocks
Which version of Kodi and inputstream.adaptive are you using? Which platform are you on? It is easiest if you post a link to a log.
(2018-07-05, 17:35)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-05, 14:26)Tyler Durden Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for you help so far.

Perhaps @CaptainT can shed some light into my issue.
You appear to be on Beta 1 which comes up as 3.0.28~alpha in Kodi. Please download and install Beta 2 from GitHub:

https://github.com/vonH/plugin.video.ipl...w/releases

Beta 1 had an empty folder bug, this is most likely what you are experiencing.

That's it!
I've now installed the Beta 2 and the streams are playing, however....

They are only playing at 720p and look like they have very low frame rate as the video is all jerky.
I've found the option in video settings when the file is playing to select the 4k stream.
Nice one!
OK got it working now. I was using version 18 of KODI but an old version. Used the version from last nights build and hey presto it worked !!

Many thanks for your hard work.
(2018-06-22, 16:44)cmaines Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately, as of yesterday, there's now a new issue. The folders under Channel Highlights - BBC One, etc. - are all empty.
 The Beeb have changed it again - I think it's been this way since Friday or Saturday.
(2018-07-11, 17:23)cmaines Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-22, 16:44)cmaines Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately, as of yesterday, there's now a new issue. The folders under Channel Highlights - BBC One, etc. - are all empty.
 The Beeb have changed it again - I think it's been this way since Friday or Saturday.
Thanks for the notice. I will take a look Friday evening.
Hey! I'm a bit confused now...

So I downloaded the zip file and installed the iPlayer WWW addon, but when i try to launch it, it says: No module named ipwww_common, Please check you installed this plugin correctly.
Anyone got any ideas on this?

Thanks in advance!
Install it from the built-in Kodi repo, unless you've a specific reason to use a zip file or some other source (a beta version or somesuch).
Hmm... I just uninstalled the addon and installed it again through the built-in Kodi repo but same error still persists :/
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
(2018-07-12, 09:51)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-11, 17:23)cmaines Wrote: [ -> ]
 There is no quick and dirty fix this time. It looks like a bigger change is required, which is not a bad thing after all. They now also use JSON on the Highlights page, which makes parsing it easier in the future. However, fixing Channel Highlights broke Highlights (lots of duplicates now).

A proper fix will take some time, and I don't have much time now. I am sorry, but Channel Highlights may remain broken for another week or two till I find more time to look into it. Just to be clear: It can be fixed, and I now have a pretty good idea how to do it, but I want to do it properly this time.
(2018-07-13, 20:17)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-12, 09:51)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-11, 17:23)cmaines Wrote: [ -> ] The Beeb have changed it again - I think it's been this way since Friday or Saturday.  
 There is no quick and dirty fix this time. It looks like a bigger change is required, which is not a bad thing after all. They now also use JSON on the Highlights page, which makes parsing it easier in the future. However, fixing Channel Highlights broke Highlights (lots of duplicates now).

A proper fix will take some time, and I don't have much time now. I am sorry, but Channel Highlights may remain broken for another week or two till I find more time to look into it. Just to be clear: It can be fixed, and I now have a pretty good idea how to do it, but I want to do it properly this time. 
Thanks for your patience everybody. I think I managed to get Highlights and Channel Highlights on a more stable code basis now. New versions are on their way to the official repo.

3.0.28 will also include the UHD Trial as a standard menu entry. I have added some more logic to solve the most common issues with it, but it is far from bullet proof. The menu is no longer called World Cup Trial as the UHD Trial seems unrelated to the World Cup. We have seen Wimbeldon there, and I suspect we will see other interesting stuff in the near future.

Important notice for everyone who downloaded the Beta from Github: Once 3.0.28 hits the official repo, please completely uninstall and reinstall the add-on. This will help avoid any issues caused by the Beta installation.

Hope there are no more obivous bugs that I missed, if so, please shout.
Radio episodes have had empty labels for a week or so.
(2018-07-21, 09:22)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Radio episodes have had empty labels for a week or so.
Yes, I am aware. Somebody even analysed the changes and proposed fixes on GitHub.

I was overseas until just now and will take a look either during the weekend or early next week.