Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks, no rush - at least they're still playable.
Fixes for Radio Categories and A-Z are on their way to the official repo. I hope I got everything they changed, but I am not sure.

Radio Most Popular still doesn't work, because the page does not exists any more.

Most likely, this will be the last fixes for Radio. I never ever use it, and it is quite painful to dig into it after long breaks. If somebody would like to pick up the work, they are most welcome.
Hello All!

I 'm experiencing a weird behavior since about two weeks. I've got 2 kodi installations (17.6 portable and 14) with the relevant plugin (3.0.29 and 2.5.36). Entering a single-episode programme folder in the A-Z list gives error. For example "The girl from Ipanema" or "Critical: inside intensive care". No problems with "The one show" or other multi-episodes folders. Both plugins give the same error on the same programmes. A sample log file (for kodi 17.6) is here: https://paste.kodi.tv/vicelefobu.makefile.

Thanks for your patience.
(2018-07-26, 18:49)maurozzo Wrote: [ -> ]I 'm experiencing a weird behavior since about two weeks. I've got 2 kodi installations (17.6 portable and 14) with the relevant plugin (3.0.29 and 2.5.36). Entering a single-episode programme folder in the A-Z list gives error. For example "The girl from Ipanema" or "Critical: inside intensive care". No problems with "The one show" or other multi-episodes folders. Both plugins give the same error on the same programmes.
Thanks. I was able to duplicate the issue and fixes are on their way to the official repo.
Not getting anything coming up with 'channel a-z' currently.  On version 3.0.30  Anyone else noticing this as well?
(2018-08-02, 16:47)Cangeoboy Wrote: [ -> ]Not getting anything coming up with 'channel a-z' currently.  On version 3.0.30  Anyone else noticing this as well?
 Thanks for the hint. I got it as well. For once, they changed something for the better. This has simplified the code a lot, as I was able to reuse most of what I implemented for Highlights lately.

Fixes are on their way to the official repo.
Hello CaptainT,
Firstly, thank you sincerely for the updates etc. that you have done for the radio version of the iPlayer. I have only recently installed LibreElec/Kodi on a Raspberry Pi and started using the radio version and I appreciate the work that you and others have done to make it all work.
As I want to use the radio version and you don't, I think it would be such a shame to let all your hard work go to the wayside. So I would like to try and carry it on if possible.
Although I have some programming knowledge, I have absolutely no idea where to start so any advice/help would be needed from you please.
I am brand new on this forum too, so apologies if this is not the right way to go about things.
All the best. C
I can not access content from iPlayer-WWW as it keeps saying I have to be in the UK to view videos, I have tried every UK VPN location for the UK. I'm connected to a UK server, but iPlayer WWW continues to give me the error. Is there any workaround?
(2018-08-20, 11:53)rpharrison Wrote: [ -> ]I can not access content from iPlayer-WWW as it keeps saying I have to be in the UK to view videos, I have tried every UK VPN location for the UK. I'm connected to a UK server, but iPlayer WWW continues to give me the error. Is there any workaround?
A VPN itself is not required for standard Kodi functionality. Any technical discusssion on VPNs in general can be done in the Off-topic section of this forum, any other chats on VPN are off-limits. Find your VPN support for the iPlayer elsewhere.
(2018-08-19, 12:24)condur Wrote: [ -> ]Hello CaptainT,
Firstly, thank you sincerely for the updates etc. that you have done for the radio version of the iPlayer. I have only recently installed LibreElec/Kodi on a Raspberry Pi and started using the radio version and I appreciate the work that you and others have done to make it all work.
As I want to use the radio version and you don't, I think it would be such a shame to let all your hard work go to the wayside. So I would like to try and carry it on if possible.
Although I have some programming knowledge, I have absolutely no idea where to start so any advice/help would be needed from you please.
I am brand new on this forum too, so apologies if this is not the right way to go about things.
All the best. C
Hi Condur,

Thank you very much for offering to help with the radio side of the add-on. This is highly appreciated.

The best place to start is the source code on GitHub. Check the source out, and you can always copy that state to your Kodi add-on directory during development. I recommend working on the master branch for all changes. I can then pull changes to the two active trees: helix and krypton. Everything you need for radio can be found in ipwww_radio.py. Kodi add-ons are always written in Python. Before digging in, I recommend to take a look at the general information on developing Kodi Add-Ons. Don't worry, it is not necessary to read all of that, I didn't when I started out working on the add-on. I think there is not such an awful lot else you can do right now. Let's wait for something to break and then try to address it together.

In the meantime, try to get out some more posts, so you will be able to send private messages. This will be helpful for sharing information which is not meant for the general public.

Looking forward to working with you!
I have the similar issue that iPlayer WWW cannot work via VPN since mid-August.  It worked well before.  On the other hand, "TVcatchup" add-on can work well.  So it is a reasonable believe that there is a issue in iPlayer WWW (Or BBC changed something!)
@dennis Ho

As said above. A VPN isn't required for the standard usage of Kodi. If you need one to circumvent geoblocking be aware that we don't want those discussions inside those threads.
Technical discussions about VPNs are fine at the off-topic section of this forum. But don't expect support if you are trying to circumvent geoblocking. If you need help with that, then this is the wrong forum

Greetings
Used VPN / dns combo for years, offical app or through browser works fine on the same device PC or Android, 
only last couple of weeks stopped working on kodi.

Cheers.
Hi CaptainT,
I was trying to access the Box Set category earlier today via Hightlights>>Collection: Box Sets, but every show I selected seemed to open up and play a single episode, rather than opening the folder level for all the episodes available. Did something maybe change on the site?
If you have time, could you maybe a take a look.
Thanks
Definitely some site changes as music is borked again.