Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone having issues with live streams right now?     When I select a live stream using the DASH protocol, it attempts to load then nothing.  Using HLS however causes no issues.  I can use DASH for catchup though without problems.
Hi,
I'm new to this add-on (and Kodi/OSMC) and I'm finding it really nice to use, I've been watching the "Killing Eve" boxset, I read post #1847 about how boxsets have changed and might cause further problems. So have created a favouite link to the series. I note that sometimes I get offered subtitles and sometimes I don't. I've also noticed that when I tried to pause a program with subtitles (I got a bit confused with buttons on the Vero 4K+ remote control), when I returned to the program I could not get it to show subtitles and I had to stop and restart from the beginning for them to reappear. When the subtitles are not being displayed I cannot select the enable switch. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

Also regarding the subs, is there a way to get the different colours for different speakers? This is surprisingly useful on the standard iplayer apps.
Finally, I'm sure it's possible to change the font but can't figure it out. Sorry for all the questions. Thanks
(2018-10-08, 11:18)figrin_dan Wrote: [ -> ]I note that sometimes I get offered subtitles and sometimes I don't.
If you chose to play subtitles in settings, you should always get them if they are available. I would be surprised if they are only available for some episodes of a box set, so I fear there might be a bug in the add-on. If you kindly let me know which episodes play with subtitles and which don't, I will cross check.
(2018-10-08, 11:18)figrin_dan Wrote: [ -> ]I've also noticed that when I tried to pause a program with subtitles (I got a bit confused with buttons on the Vero 4K+ remote control), when I returned to the program I could not get it to show subtitles and I had to stop and restart from the beginning for them to reappear.
This might be the case. The problem is, that the way the add-on sets subtitles is not the best way. However, I do not know of a better way as of now. The Beeb delivers subtitles in a way that is suitable for the official apps, but not for Kodi. I am sorry for the inconvenience.
(2018-10-08, 11:18)figrin_dan Wrote: [ -> ]When the subtitles are not being displayed I cannot select the enable switch. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?
You do nothing wrong. The enable switch just does not work in the add-on. The enable switch would only work if the subtitles were embedded into the stream. However, that is not the case for the streams used by this add-on. Thus, the switch has no meaning at all.
(2018-10-08, 11:18)figrin_dan Wrote: [ -> ]Also regarding the subs, is there a way to get the different colours for different speakers? This is surprisingly useful on the standard iplayer apps.
Currently this is not supported. The add-on converts the Beeb's XML format to an SRT file. In this process, the formatting is lost. The subtitle parsing would need to be extended and I am not even sure Kodi supports this correctly. Since this makes perfect sense, I will look into it.
(2018-10-08, 11:18)figrin_dan Wrote: [ -> ]Finally, I'm sure it's possible to change the font but can't figure it out. Sorry for all the questions. Thanks
You can do that in Kodi's general settings: Settings -> Player settings -> Language
(2018-10-09, 13:05)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-08, 11:18)figrin_dan Wrote: [ -> ]Also regarding the subs, is there a way to get the different colours for different speakers? This is surprisingly useful on the standard iplayer apps.
Currently this is not supported. The add-on converts the Beeb's XML format to an SRT file. In this process, the formatting is lost. The subtitle parsing would need to be extended and I am not even sure Kodi supports this correctly. Since this makes perfect sense, I will look into it.  
I don't know if you are able to experiment on your Kodi installation. If you can, this commit should add colour support for subtitles. I would appreciate your feedback before releasing this to the general public.
Thank you for looking into this. I really appreciate it. I've now unboldened the subtitles thanks to your help.

I would be happy to try out the file but I'm afraid I don't know what to do with it. If you have time to write some instructions or point me to a link I can give it a go.
(2018-10-09, 21:34)figrin_dan Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for looking into this. I really appreciate it. I've now unboldened the subtitles thanks to your help.

I would be happy to try out the file but I'm afraid I don't know what to do with it. If you have time to write some instructions or point me to a link I can give it a go.
You are welcome.

I can prepare a beta version for you. I just need to know which version of the add-on you are using at the moment. It should be either 2.5.41 or 3.0.34
I'm using an Vero 4k OSMC box. The Kodi version is 17.6 and the iPlayer addon is 3.0.33
(2018-10-10, 09:45)figrin_dan Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using an Vero 4k OSMC box. The Kodi version is 17.6 and the iPlayer addon is 3.0.33
Please download the beta version within 24 hours from here. You will get a zip file, which you can install in Kodi through settings. You do not need to uninstall the add-on before.

Let me know if this works well for you. If so, it will be in the next official release.
(2018-10-05, 14:25)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-05, 12:48)Yearofthegoat Wrote: [ -> ] 
Are you logged in with a BBCiD?

I am asking because they will soon force users to log in on smart TVs as well. The add-on uses a hybrid of the PC iPlayer and the smart TV functions. I have no idea how the log in will affect the add-on.  
Today i try with my BBCID on my Sony Android XE9005 tv and work OK … @CaptainT thanks for this great addon  Cool
Hi All.

I'm experiencing the same problem I had some time ago. Version 3.0.34 works fine while 2.5.42 doesn't display any programme in the A-Z listing. I tried to remove the iplayer.coookies file but this time with no luck. Anyone with the same problem?
Hi All.

I'm experiencing the same problem I had some time ago. Version 3.0.34 works fine while 2.5.42 doesn't display any programme in the A-Z listing. I tried to remove the iplayer.cookies file but this time with no luck. Anyone with the same problem?
The link doesn't seem to work.
(2018-10-10, 20:01)figrin_dan Wrote: [ -> ]The link doesn't seem to work.
Apologies, that link was only valid once. Somebody else must have grabbed it first. Try this one instead, it is good for 20 downloads. First come, first serve.
Got it! Looks good so far. We'll do some "testing" tonight. Thanks for looking into this so quickly, and for creating the add on. Smile
I noticed the subs were coming up in different colours but were running about 2 seconds behind (I hadn't seen that problem before). I adjusted the delay to suit and now it's back to a single colour.