Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-10-10, 21:34)figrin_dan Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed the subs were coming up in different colours but were running about 2 seconds behind (I hadn't seen that problem before). I adjusted the delay to suit and now it's back to a single colour.
That sounds odd. How did you adjust the offset?

Perhaps this is related to OSMC or your hardware.

I tested it a bit on my development machine and the subs were nicely in sync with the audio.
I can also confirm that subs work nicely on W10 and also on Sony Android TV... but here is one strange error… when i start live channels (BBC 1 or 2 or...) clock in Kodi goes to UTC...and if exit Kodi and start again time is OK (CET time) … time on Android TV is always CET...
To change the offset I selected OK which took me to the player menu, from there I selected the subtitle icon where there is a list of four or five, one being offset. This brought up a little box at the top of the screen to add or minus time. Once set it was timed ok.

The problem with colour might be that I had previously (thanks to your advice) set default subtitle colour from white to yellow. I think the iplayer app then used yellow for the primary and secondary dialogue (and also non dialogue cues). A third speaker then became blue.
(2018-10-11, 08:53)figrin_dan Wrote: [ -> ]To change the offset I selected OK which took me to the player menu, from there I selected the subtitle icon where there is a list of four or five, one being offset. This brought up a little box at the top of the screen to add or minus time. Once set it was timed ok.

The problem with colour might be that I had previously (thanks to your advice) set default subtitle colour from white to yellow. I think the iplayer app then used yellow for the primary and secondary dialogue (and also non dialogue cues). A third speaker then became blue.
The Been usually specifies white as primary, then yellow, cyan and blue. I haven't see. More than four in my tests, but there may be further colours. So if this gets overridden by Kodi settings please revert to defaults.

However, I am confused now: Do you completely loose colours in case you specify an offset or not?

Also, you mentioned a couple of posts back that some shows don't have subs at all. Can you give me some examples, please?
@CaptainT today I playing at least 7 shows for test and all have subtitles…. and time in Kodi is always stay CET when i exit player… but when I watched live channels BBC 1 or 2, time in Kodi jump to UTC  Confused
(2018-10-11, 21:09)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]The Been usually specifies white as primary, then yellow, cyan and blue. I haven't see. More than four in my tests, but there may be further colours. So if this gets overridden by Kodi settings please revert to defaults.
I think this sounds right, most of the dialogue I saw yesterday was between two people, so I only saw yellow subs. I assumed the app had broken. Is it possible for the app to disregard the kodi colour preference? Otherwise I will have to keep manually changing between white and yellow (yellow is much more comfortable for non iplayer use)
Quote:Also, you mentioned a couple of posts back that some shows don't have subs at all. Can you give me some examples, please?  
I think this might be when I am watching a video and press "back" to get back to the episode list menu (At this point I can hear the video is still playing in the background). If I press ok to select the video now I lose the option of having subtitles. I have since learnt to press "stop" to go from the playing video back to the menu, or "back" to get from the menu to the playing video. So for me it is solved but others might come across this as well.

Finally I checked the same episode that had subtitles lagging a few seconds behind yesterday and it was fine today. I'm confused about that.
Thanks again.
(2018-10-11, 21:29)webmaher Wrote: [ -> ]and time in Kodi is always stay CET when i exit player… but when I watched live channels BBC 1 or 2, time in Kodi jump to UTC  Confused
 Remind my, please: Why do you set your time to CET if you are in the UK where the time is UTC (or BST for now).
(2018-10-11, 21:38)figrin_dan Wrote: [ -> ]I think this sounds right, most of the dialogue I saw yesterday was between two people, so I only saw yellow subs. I assumed the app had broken. Is it possible for the app to disregard the kodi colour preference?
Yes, this should be possible. New versions are on their way to the official repo. These include colours for subtitles and will always use the Beeb's spec, except if the Beeb does not specify anything. Then it will default to the first "style" defined by the Beeb, which is usually white.

Two important things to note:
  1. Right now, there is no option to change the subtitle colour in the add-on. It will override the Kodi default. If this is a problem for anybody, please report here.
  2. Although I haven't seen a subtitle file like that, the add-on may fail if the subtitle file does not contain any "styles". If somebody encounters this, please report back here and mention the programmes affected.
How I can put the subtitles in my computer?
(2018-10-15, 22:16)Marai Wrote: [ -> ]How I can put the subtitles in my computer?
Switch them on in the add-on settings, first page/tab, last option in the list.

Note, though that not all programmes have subtitles.
I'm finding the majority of programmes don't show up via the A-Z listing, but I can find some via search.
I'm on Kodi Leia beta 3 and latest version on repo, 3.0.33 IIRC.

Any ideas?
(2018-10-16, 08:28)tredman Wrote: [ -> ]I'm finding the majority of programmes don't show up via the A-Z listing, but I can find some via search.

Any ideas?
Please update to 3.0.34 or 3.0.35. The fix for A-Z should be in 3.0.34.
(2018-10-16, 08:50)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-16, 08:28)tredman Wrote: [ -> ]I'm finding the majority of programmes don't show up via the A-Z listing, but I can find some via search.

Any ideas?
Please update to 3.0.34 or 3.0.35. The fix for A-Z should be in 3.0.34.
Great thanks. Will upgrade now.
can yo explain more?
(2018-10-17, 02:03)Marai Wrote: [ -> ]can yo explain more?
I don't understand. What more do you want to know? Please ask a specific question and I will try to answer it.