Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-02-13, 22:20)BonitaRed Wrote: [ -> ]Captain T, have you ever thought about doing a similar add on for itv. The previous one has been dead for some time and I would have thought that you had exactly the right expertise for such a challenge !!!
 I have not thought about it and frankly speaking, I simply don't have the time for another add-on.
(2019-02-14, 20:40)enigmahc Wrote: [ -> ]how can enable a detailed logging? is there a place where i can find this information?
Sorry, no extended loggin supported at the moment. You would need to add it to the source code yourself. If you are lazy just use print().

All http(s) requests for scraping the website use OpenURL() or OpenURLPost() from the ipwww_common.py file in the resources/lib subfolder.

Everything that happens once the MPD-URL is passed to the player is outside of the control of the add-on.

Hope that helps.
(2019-02-14, 12:00)stephenharding Wrote: [ -> ]Apologies in if this is the wrong place to post this... however lately the iPlayer WWW add-on only shows me "watched" and doesn't seem to allow me to browse for stuff or watch live TV. This happened after a recent update (I believe to Kodi itself).
The only thing I can think of is that you may have (accidentally) deactivated all menu entries in settings. Open the add-on settings, select the "Display" tab and check the "Select main menu entries" section. If you disabled something there, it will not show up any more.

Other than that, check the side menu of Kodi itself if "hide watched" is enabled. This may lead to an empty menu if you selected all entries before.
There might be an easier way than this.
I think I just added the repo with a USB.
Anyway try this link
removed
(2019-02-14, 21:40)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-13, 22:20)BonitaRed Wrote: [ -> ]Captain T, have you ever thought about doing a similar add on for itv. The previous one has been dead for some time and I would have thought that you had exactly the right expertise for such a challenge !!!
 I have not thought about it and frankly speaking, I simply don't have the time for another add-on.

Totally understand.
You have a life outside Kodi.
Thanks for responding
@dixons - that site's tutorial involves a repo obtained from another which is very much a banned addon (wiki) source. So links to it are not allowed.

Given the majority of addons it mentions are available either from our official repo or from other legitimate 3rd party ones with active threads here, using such cesspits is not needed anyway.
I've looked all over (as far as I know) but not found how to set the default viewtype. I can do it per folder but not for the whole add-on (turns out there are lots of folders in iplayer). For reference this is kodi 17 running the default skin and current iplayer www add-on.

Cheers!
(2019-02-15, 19:01)elfez Wrote: [ -> ]I've looked all over (as far as I know) but not found how to set the default viewtype. I can do it per folder but not for the whole add-on (turns out there are lots of folders in iplayer). For reference this is kodi 17 running the default skin and current iplayer www add-on.

Cheers!
That's right, there is no option to do so. What do you want this add-on to be different from the rest of your Kodi installation? In other words: why not set the desired viewtype globally?

Excuse my ignorance, but I am the one viewtype for everything kind of guy and would just like to understand your use case.
(2019-02-15, 19:28)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-15, 19:01)elfez Wrote: [ -> ]I've looked all over (as far as I know) but not found how to set the default viewtype. I can do it per folder but not for the whole add-on (turns out there are lots of folders in iplayer). For reference this is kodi 17 running the default skin and current iplayer www add-on.

Cheers!
That's right, there is no option to do so. What do you want this add-on to be different from the rest of your Kodi installation? In other words: why not set the desired viewtype globally?

Excuse my ignorance, but I am the one viewtype for everything kind of guy and would just like to understand your use case.  
 Ah, no -  I am the ignorant one here Smile Where in Kodi do I set that globally? I went through all the settings for kodi that looked relevant but couldn't find anything.
(2019-02-15, 19:35)elfez Wrote: [ -> ] Ah, no -  I am the ignorant one here Smile Where in Kodi do I set that globally? I went through all the settings for kodi that looked relevant but couldn't find anything.

I think it should be possible in the skin settings.
(2019-02-15, 19:58)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-15, 19:35)elfez Wrote: [ -> ] Ah, no -  I am the ignorant one here Smile Where in Kodi do I set that globally? I went through all the settings for kodi that looked relevant but couldn't find anything.

I think it should be possible in the skin settings. 
Yeah, I had a look there but couldn't see it. But I'll double check later.
Something is going on with Categories. The Beeb has changed the coding such that each category heading appears twice on the page - once with HTML tags around it and once looking normal. Both category headings work, but it just looks messy.
Sorry about that. As you say it can be found in the official repos, I think
(2019-02-15, 22:30)cmaines Wrote: [ -> ]Something is going on with Categories. The Beeb has changed the coding such that each category heading appears twice on the page - once with HTML tags around it and once looking normal. Both category headings work, but it just looks messy.
That happened before. Annoying thing. I'll take a look this afternoon.
Hi,

It looks like the BBC has changed the way it organizes its pages. The add-on will now only display episodes for the first series of any show if there is more than one series available.

For example Doctor Who has 147 episodes available, but only series 1 and the first special show up in the add-on (14 episodes in total).