Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-07-03, 09:00)espaun206 Wrote: [ -> ]you know because when I choose the resolution 3840x2160 kodi gives this problem stays with black screen

it happens to me with all the kodia leia, I have the 3.0.44 and last inputstream

Hi,
You appear to be trying to use a single CPU processor, it is extreamly unlikely a single CPU will cope with UHD 3840x2160 resolution, you will probably need a better CPU/Graphics card.
Regards. Kevin.
(2019-07-03, 09:46)bleep42 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-03, 09:00)espaun206 Wrote: [ -> ]you know because when I choose the resolution 3840x2160 kodi gives this problem stays with black screen

it happens to me with all the kodia leia, I have the 3.0.44 and last inputstream

Hi,
You appear to be trying to use a single CPU processor, it is extreamly unlikely a single CPU will cope with UHD 3840x2160 resolution, you will probably need a better CPU/Graphics card.
Regards. Kevin.  

I use one

pc gamer gtx 1070 ryzen 7
It seems the parts of the addon which have to do with accessing lists within your bbc account are now broken. I'm getting errors on all devices when try to access my account "added", "watching" lists, etc Sad
(2019-07-04, 23:39)zamolxis Wrote: [ -> ]It seems the parts of the addon which have to do with accessing lists within your bbc account are now broken. I'm getting errors on all devices when try to access my account "added", "watching" lists, etc Sad
Thanks for the message. I will look into it as soon as possible. Most likely this take till mid to end of next week.
(2019-06-24, 06:57)streetsy Wrote: [ -> ]I get it too, have done since Friday. I have it ask me which CDN I want to use for catchup, and always chose Limelight. However, Limelight no longer appears, all I get now is Akamai, which hasn't worked, with the "only available in the UK" message having been displayed on Akamai for a long time now. No issues with the app nor website, just on the Kodi Iplayer WWW addon.

Thanks for the message an apologies for the late reply.

Just to be clear: Are you (physically) in the UK and not using a VPN when you experience this problem?

If so, are you logged in?

The reason why I am asking is that I noticed you start to get different responses from the servers depending on whether you are logged in or not.
(2019-07-05, 09:04)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-04, 23:39)zamolxis Wrote: [ -> ]It seems the parts of the addon which have to do with accessing lists within your bbc account are now broken. I'm getting errors on all devices when try to access my account "added", "watching" lists, etc Sad
Thanks for the message. I will look into it as soon as possible. Most likely this take till mid to end of next week.

No worries, thank you!

Someone knows why this happens to me when I choose 3840x2160 if I have a PC gamer
(2019-07-05, 09:08)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-06-24, 06:57)streetsy Wrote: [ -> ]I get it too, have done since Friday. I have it ask me which CDN I want to use for catchup, and always chose Limelight. However, Limelight no longer appears, all I get now is Akamai, which hasn't worked, with the "only available in the UK" message having been displayed on Akamai for a long time now. No issues with the app nor website, just on the Kodi Iplayer WWW addon.

Thanks for the message an apologies for the late reply.

Just to be clear: Are you (physically) in the UK and not using a VPN when you experience this problem?

If so, are you logged in?

The reason why I am asking is that I noticed you start to get different responses from the servers depending on whether you are logged in or not. 

Absolutely no need to apologize, much appreciate all the work you put in - I know it's unrewarded.
As for answers, yes and yes, i.e. IN the UK and logged in
(2019-07-07, 21:09)streetsy Wrote: [ -> ]Absolutely no need to apologize, much appreciate all the work you put in - I know it's unrewarded.
As for answers, yes and yes, i.e. IN the UK and logged in
Thanks for the clarification. I cannot duplicate this issue. Works just fine for me.

In order to investigate further, please let me know:
  • Which version of Kodi you are using
  • Which version of the add-on you are using
  • What are your settings in the add-on settings "stream" tab
  • Which programmes are affected, one or two examples will do
(2019-07-05, 13:23)zamolxis Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-05, 09:04)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]

No worries, thank you!  

Thanks again for reporting this issue. They changed something. The fix was relatively straightforward, let's hope they keep it this way. Updates are on their way to the official repo. The update for the helix branch (Kodi<17.0) should be merged relatively quickly. The update for the krypton branch (Kodi>=17.0) might take some more time. I got an error message in the PR, but don't see what would be wrong on the add-on side. For those, who need the fix urgently, please grab it from GitHub.
I'm sorry, but I have some trouble getting this to run. Constant buffering after about a minute.

I played around with different servers and stream protocols in the addon, buffer sizes and readfactors in Kodi, which all seem to have little effect. I even physically moved the Wifi hotspot.

My broadband should be good up to 35mbps, Netflix and co work fine. Local media streaming via Kodi from a network source is also carefree.

Can someone share a working configuration that I can try to reproduce?

Running Kodi 18.3 on an Amazon Stick 4k.

Still, big thanks @CaptainT for your efforts!
I see an error when opening kodi: "Cookie load Failed". I think it is caused by the iplayer addon.
(2019-07-16, 01:52)zamolxis Wrote: [ -> ]I see an error when opening kodi: "Cookie load Failed". I think it is caused by the iplayer addon.
IIRC this problem came up a while ago with another user. I believe it was a file permissions issue on the particular system. Please use the search function on this thread.
(2019-07-16, 06:47)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-16, 01:52)zamolxis Wrote: [ -> ]I see an error when opening kodi: "Cookie load Failed". I think it is caused by the iplayer addon.
IIRC this problem came up a while ago with another user. I believe it was a file permissions issue on the particular system. Please use the search function on this thread. 
I'm runing it on a firestick 4k. Uninstalling and reinstalling the addon seems to have fixed it, thanks.
Hello

I just noticed a small bug when trying to play radio streams. In settings, when Steams / Video Settings / Stream Protocol is set to DASH, radio streams fail to play. If I reset to HLS for the Video Stream Protocol, radio streams play fine. Any help appreciated. Thanks for the addon.