Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been recently, not sure how recent, but at least within the past month, getting errors anytime I wish to watch a stream. There's also one long error pop up too, stating how something is caused by a ssl certificate error. (hostname 'vod-hls-uk-live.bbcfmt.hs.llnwd.net' doesn't match either of - followed by a whole host of * addresses)
Debug log (well, the pertinent bit,)
It seem to be an issue with the addon, can access content on the website via a browser on my desktop.
(2019-09-12, 14:51)lusephur Wrote: [ -> ]Been recently, not sure how recent, but at least within the past month, getting errors anytime I wish to watch a stream. There's also one long error pop up too, stating how something is caused by a ssl certificate error. (hostname 'vod-hls-uk-live.bbcfmt.hs.llnwd.net' doesn't match either of - followed by a whole host of * addresses)
It seem to be an issue with the addon, can access content on the website via a browser on my desktop.
Which version of Kodi and the add-on are you using? Did you recently upgrade Kodi or any related package, e.g. requests? Also, are you in the UK?

There have been a number of similar reports, which usually fixed themselves after a couple of days. In case the error message always contains .llnwd.net, try choosing Akamai or Bidi as CDN in settings.

On the log: I think you cropped a bit too much. Nothing there that could be of help.
(2019-09-12, 22:19)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-12, 14:51)lusephur Wrote: [ -> ]Been recently, not sure how recent, but at least within the past month, getting errors anytime I wish to watch a stream. There's also one long error pop up too, stating how something is caused by a ssl certificate error. (hostname 'vod-hls-uk-live.bbcfmt.hs.llnwd.net' doesn't match either of - followed by a whole host of * addresses)
Which version of Kodi and the add-on are you using? Did you recently upgrade Kodi or any related package, e.g. requests? Also, are you in the UK?

There have been a number of similar reports, which usually fixed themselves after a couple of days. In case the error message always contains .llnwd.net, try choosing Akamai or Bidi as CDN in settings.

On the log: I think you cropped a bit too much. Nothing there that could be of help. 

Changing CDN to Bidi did the trick.
In answer to your questions.
Kodi version 18.4 on Arch and Kodi 18.4 on libreelec 9.501 or whatever it was that got released yesterday, although the issue existed on the previous beta too.
Am I in the UK, eh. Yes : )
I did crop a bit on the log, I do apologise.
I appear to have an issue affecting one particular programme. Everything else I've tried works fine, but trying to watch Torchwood tells me to look in the log to see the error.  Must be the aliens Big Grin    Log.
Torchwood isn't available on iPlayer, so the iPlayer addon won't be able to play it...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006m8ln
Shouldn't appear if it is not available. How did you navigate to it?
(2019-09-14, 20:58)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]Shouldn't appear if it is not available.
That was my thinking too.
Quote:How did you navigate to it?
I searched for it, then selected it from the list Smile
(2019-09-15, 12:15)NotToday Wrote: [ -> ]I searched for it, then selected it from the list Smile
iPlayer search returns all programmes in catalogue, not just those that are currently available to play. You can see which ones are not available by searching on the web site. The plugin would have to be able to filter those out while scraping.
(2019-09-15, 13:26)ilainftw Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-15, 12:15)NotToday Wrote: [ -> ]I searched for it, then selected it from the list Smile
iPlayer search returns all programmes in catalogue, not just those that are currently available to play. You can see which ones are not available by searching on the web site. The plugin would have to be able to filter those out while scraping.
It was. Seems like it is no longer working. So I take this as a bug report. [emoji41]
(2019-08-27, 07:07)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-08-26, 23:34)andy_in_worthing Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I've recently stopped seeing thumbnails for iPlayer videos, with multiple entries like this in the log:

2019-08-26 22:20:21.642 T:1460634336 WARNING: Using iconImage in ListItem constructor results in NOP. Use setArt.
2019-08-26 22:20:21.642 T:1460634336 WARNING: Using thumbnailImage in ListItem constructor results in NOP. Use setArt.

(Instead of thumbnails from the episodes, I'm seeing the default placeholder images).

I'm not sure if it's to do with the addon or introduced by my beta version of Kodi (running on Raspberry Pi, OSMC build 18.8-79), but thought I'd quickly ask here to see if anyone else is having issues?
Is this "Beta" based on Python 3 already? If so, that is for sure the reason. The add-on currently is not Python 3 compatible.   
Nope, it's due to core changes for artwork in V19.

You can't do
python:
liz = xbmcgui.ListItem(name, iconImage='DefaultVideo.png', thumbnailImage=iconimage)

Instead you have to use setArt.

python:
liz = xbmcgui.ListItem(name)
iconImage = 'DefaultVideo.png'
thumbnailImage = iconimage
liz.setArt({'icon':iconImage, 'thumb':thumbnailImage})
Hi, does this addon work, please? It won't work for me via a VPN:

https://paste.kodi.tv/memifipuqu.kodi
@tyrol_gangster
The add-on works fine but I think I have to reiterate the VPN policy (wiki) on our forum again.
Not to mention the fact that the BBC actively blocks connections via public VPN sites anyway, so you will almost never get it to work no matter what you try (at least for long).
ok thank you both and my apologies - did not realise it was against the forum rules.
(2019-08-27, 13:39)ilainftw Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-08-27, 07:06)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-08-26, 09:09)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Basic radio functions (A-Z, Search, etc) have been broken for some time but shows I'd added to my Favourites worked until now so I guess they've changed the site setup again.

Debug log.

Thanks.
Looks like parsing the JSON fails. So they either changed the JSON format, or embedded the JSON differently in the website. Should be an easy fix, but I don't know if I can get to this anytime soon.       
@CaptainT: I'm pretty far along with repairing the radio functionality. If anyone else is doing likewise, warn me off. Otherwise, I should have a PR within the week. The changes are extensive, as you might imagine, and there are compromises, but I've been able to restore almost everything. 

@ilainftw any closer to an update?

Thanks.