Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-01-19, 19:33)OTinley Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-19, 18:59)grubbyfingers Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi 18.5
iPlayerWWW 3.0.46

After browsing content and finally selecting item to play Kodi crashes. Is this a current known issue?
Using the same setup as yours on Windows 10, I am unable to replicate the issue you are describing and this after selecting and playing various content.
You are giving us very little here, no platform, no show selected and more importantly no debug log (wiki).
Generate a debug log (wiki) replicating the crash and post a link to the log back here. Logs should be posted on a paste site like http://paste.kodi.tv/ or https://paste.ubuntu.com 
BBC World service is missing from the list of stations under "Listen Live"
Please add this station.
iPlayerWWW 3.0.46

After browsing content and finally selecting item to play Kodi crashes. Is this a current known issue?
Using the same setup as yours on Windows 10, I am unable to replicate the issue you are describing and this after selecting and playing various content.
You are giving us very little here, no platform, no show selected and more importantly no debug log (wiki).
Generate a debug log (wiki) replicating the crash and post a link to the log back here. Logs should be posted on a paste site like http://paste.kodi.tv/ or https://paste.ubuntu.com 
I posted the debug log, did you get it? If so any ideas?

Thanks
@grubbyfingers when you upload a log to our paste site, you then need to take the URL it gives you (it is in the browser address bar once you've clicked save) and post that link here. We can then view and access the log.
The log is above in the thread. Posted url renamed for clarity purposes: grubbyfingers' log
Nobody has provided assistance yet.
(2020-01-23, 11:29)grubbyfingers Wrote: [ -> ]I posted the debug log, did you get it? If so any ideas?

Thanks

Log Looks good up until the time playback is supposed to start. At least from an add-on perspective. I suspect the issue is related to your hardware, possibly the TV connected. Can you try using the same computer, but a different output device (both for video and audio)?

Finally, by "Kodi crashes" do you refer to the stream not playing, or the whole application forcibly shutting down? In the latter case, it is for sure not an issue with the add-on. It cannot crash Kodi itself.
iPlayerWWW 3.0.46

Hi Otinley, did you see my posing of the debug log, if so any ideas?
Your help much appreciated.

thanks
@grubbyfingers

CaptainT has replied to your post. Scroll up one, in any case, here it is again:
Quote:Log Looks good up until the time playback is supposed to start. At least from an add-on perspective. I suspect the issue is related to your hardware, possibly the TV connected. Can you try using the same computer, but a different output device (both for video and audio)?

Finally, by "Kodi crashes" do you refer to the stream not playing, or the whole application forcibly shutting down? In the latter case, it is for sure not an issue with the add-on. It cannot crash Kodi itself.
I can't seem to get any BBC content to play on the IplayerWWW . It's been working perfectly for sometime but as of yesterday , no luck. I get message that says IplayerWWW error. Full disclosure , I'm on a VPN , all other British channels are working fine even the Iplayer on a web browser just not on the IplayerWWW addon. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  
Thx
(2019-12-19, 07:57)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: There is also a fix for Radio pending for months. Same reason, just that the fix was already contributed, just need to release it. 
Where can I find this branch?
(2020-01-25, 21:10)Patio Wrote: [ -> ]I can't seem to get any BBC content to play on the IplayerWWW . It's been working perfectly for sometime but as of yesterday , no luck. I get message that says IplayerWWW error. Full disclosure , I'm on a VPN , all other British channels are working fine even the Iplayer on a web browser just not on the IplayerWWW addon. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  
Thx

@Patio - please see our VPN policy (wiki).

We do not support the use of VPN's here, especially to bypass geolocking.

The BBC also do not like such usage and go out of their way to block commonly used and commercial VPN exit points for iPlayer.
I thought that i had posted a couple of replies but they have not appeared. I was asking OTinley if there was further feedback on the problem, but my posts didn't appear maybe  i did something wrong or has this thread been closed?

Thank you.
@grubbyfingers - all 11 posts you've made so far are in this thread. It is fully open, but there are others than you posting in it.

Your post to OTinley is a few posts above this one, post #2,182. Scroll up!
@otinley 

Thanks your post, I clearly am not clear ! about this forum. Anyway, by crash I meant complete kodi crash. It is reproducible. As per your suggestion of trying different hardware i will see whats possible. I would say however that replaying tv recordings work fine. Could this be a codec problem?

Thanks again.
@otinley 
Further to your suggestions:

I have tried a standard monitor attached via hdmi with same result. I have also tried mouse, keyboard and remote to same effect.
Notably radio player www works without problem, this further suggests a codec problem. Any thoughts?

Thanks again.