Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi team,
     i have recently done a clean install of rpi2 + libreelec + openVPN (expressVPN configured for UK) + iPlayer (with user ID and password). iPlayer keeps telling me I am not in the UK.
VPN appears to be connected, but I get an exception error in the log file, full dump of kodi.log @ https://paste.kodi.tv/vedunuyodo.kodi.
From what  I can see the VPN is ok (unless I have missed anything).
I couldn't see if there is a log entry confirming uid/password was authenticated ok.

Any assistance/direction would be appreciated.

cheers,
dc
(2020-06-07, 16:34)rpi@dc Wrote: [ -> ]but I get an exception error in the log file

Three things...

- We do no do VPN support on this forum as per our VPN policy (wiki)
- BBC's iPlayer seems to be pretty nifty on blocking VPN usage on its own.
- We also stop support when there are add-ons installed that facilitate video piracy.

So why not actually read our forum rules (wiki)? You already accepted them when you registered.
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
hi DH,
   sorry I missed the bit about no VPNs; will remove

cheers,
dc
The point wasn't so much the VPN, it was all the banned addons (wiki) in the log...
Hi, is 720p the highest quality I can get from this addon with the dash stream protocol?
(2020-06-16, 13:07)xpronic Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, is 720p the highest quality I can get from this addon with the dash stream protocol?

I believe it is the maximum as this is what the BBC offers.
CaptainT will confirm.
Hi team

It looks like the BBC has begun using a different format for the subtitles and the plugin can't parse it. One random example is "Art of Persia", here is the link to the subtitle file:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/subtitles/n...622537.xml
There are no line breaks in the file. I could fix that, but my Python is not nearly good enough to fix all the other problems, including the styling that's missing.

Thanks for any help with this!
Cheers,
Sorry if this is posted to the wrong thread;

I am now getting this error message when trying to launch a specific programme on the Iplayer WWW add-on which I updated to try and solve the problem:
"connection aborted bad status line" 
Can anybody advise?

TIA

Frederic
I have WWWiPlayer installed on my OSMC Vero 4K.  I do not have a VPN on the Vero, but. in the interest of full disclosure, do have one running on my router which must be there for a whole bunch of reasons unrelated to the Vero or iPlayer access.  I fully understand if that contravenes your support parameters, but if I don't ask.....

I'm getting a message "Error 2" when I try to view a program on iPlayer.  Is there any way I can find out what that error means?

Chasewood.
(2020-07-14, 22:05)Chasewood Wrote: [ -> ]I have WWWiPlayer installed on my OSMC Vero 4K.  I do not have a VPN on the Vero, but. in the interest of full disclosure, do have one running on my router which must be there for a whole bunch of reasons unrelated to the Vero or iPlayer access.  I fully understand if that contravenes your support parameters, but if I don't ask.....

I'm getting a message "Error 2" when I try to view a program on iPlayer.  Is there any way I can find out what that error means?

Chasewood.
The BBC blocks VPN's, so whilst I don't know what Error 2 means you can be sure it will be related to that.
(2020-07-14, 17:36)[email protected] Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry if this is posted to the wrong thread;

I am now getting this error message when trying to launch a specific programme on the Iplayer WWW add-on which I updated to try and solve the problem:
Can anybody advise?

TIA

Frederic

Yes , I'm getting the message as well...
(2020-07-16, 20:40)Patio Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-14, 17:36)[email protected] Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry if this is posted to the wrong thread;

Can anybody advise?

TIA

Frederic

(2020-07-19, 14:50)Patio Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-16, 20:40)Patio Wrote: [ -> ]

Can anybody advise?

TIA

Frederic

Is anyone else getting this message ? "connection aborted bad status line"  . ive not been able to play anything with this message in play. Any suggestions ?
I just viewed a program 100% OK.