Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-07-19, 17:32)asik1 Wrote: [ -> ]I just viewed a program 100% OK.
Little tricky but works for me in US.
(2020-07-19, 14:53)Patio Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-19, 14:50)Patio Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-16, 20:40)Patio Wrote: [ -> ]Yes , I'm getting the message as well...

Is anyone else getting this message ? "connection aborted bad status line"  . ive not been able to play anything with this message in play. Any suggestions ?

I am also getting this message, and have been messing around for hours trying to get rid of it..........hence how I've ended up here :-)

Back to normal ! Thanks....
(2020-07-21, 18:43)Patio Wrote: [ -> ]

Back to normal ! Thanks....
Hi guys can you tell me when the update from iPlayer WWW 3.0.48  to 3.0.49 be finalized? On  iPlayer WWW 3.0.48 only live and red button working. Thsnx for great addon. Regards and stay safe!
Anyone else having trouble with iPlayer lately?   I'm using limelight as the stream, tried both DASH and HLS and both are giving me errors.  Sometimes a 'not in the uk' error, other times just a general stream not playable error.   iPlayer is working fine for me using a web browser.
(2020-08-03, 17:46)Cangeoboy Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone else having trouble with iPlayer lately?   I'm using limelight as the stream, tried both DASH and HLS and both are giving me errors.  Sometimes a 'not in the uk' error, other times just a general stream not playable error.   iPlayer is working fine for me using a web browser.

Yes, for the past week iPlayerWWW hasn't been working at all despite testing with all available settings on a daily basis.
The iPlayer website in Firefox has been working okay.
HLS Limelight for live all streams and catchup had been working fine for the past couple of months.

Nothing had been working until today but now I'm seeing Dash Limelight streams on catchup.
Limelight on live streams throws the spurious "not in the uk" error.
However, I can see some incredibly slow (Bidi?) streams on live TV but excessive buffering makes them impossible to watch.
Akamai streams go through the motions of trying to play but give up.
That said, I have rarely been able to play akamai streams anyway.
(2020-08-10, 08:35)deepeeme Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-08-03, 17:46)Cangeoboy Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone else having trouble with iPlayer lately?   I'm using limelight as the stream, tried both DASH and HLS and both are giving me errors.  Sometimes a 'not in the uk' error, other times just a general stream not playable error.   iPlayer is working fine for me using a web browser.

Yes, for the past week iPlayerWWW hasn't been working at all despite testing with all available settings on a daily basis.
The iPlayer website in Firefox has been working okay.
HLS Limelight for live all streams and catchup had been working fine for the past couple of months.

Nothing had been working until today but now I'm seeing Dash Limelight streams on catchup.
Limelight on live streams throws the spurious "not in the uk" error.
However, I can see some incredibly slow (Bidi?) streams on live TV but excessive buffering makes them impossible to watch.
Akamai streams go through the motions of trying to play but give up.
That said, I have rarely been able to play akamai streams anyway.

Seeing the exact same issues.  Sometimes limelight works fine, other times it throws up issues.  Anyone have any suggestions?  CaptainT are you still involved with this addon?  Respect the work you've put into this and the help you've offered end users in the past.
(2020-08-16, 16:21)Cangeoboy Wrote: [ -> ]Seeing the exact same issues.  Sometimes limelight works fine, other times it throws up issues.  Anyone have any suggestions?  CaptainT are you still involved with this addon?  Respect the work you've put into this and the help you've offered end users in the past.

I lost track of this thread due to some change of the forum, which removed my notifications. Should be fine again, now.

So I am still around, but did not use the add-on much lately, so I can't tell if there has been a change or not. Comparing to Firefox won't help as it uses different streams (a different mediaselector URL). I suspected for a long time that the mediaselector we use in the add-on will be made obsolete at some point of time. Let's wait and see.

As always, if you run into issues, try to provide as much information as possible, please. For instance: What errors do you get with Limelight? Are there any messages in kodi.log? Somebody said that DASH streams "showed up". What did the settings look like at that point of time?

The more information you provide, the more likely it is I am able to duplicate the issue. Otherwise I just start up my machine, see if it works, and shrug.

Please don't take this personal. It is meant as much for you as anybody else.
(2020-08-16, 20:34)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-08-16, 16:21)Cangeoboy Wrote: [ -> ]Seeing the exact same issues.  Sometimes limelight works fine, other times it throws up issues.  Anyone have any suggestions?  CaptainT are you still involved with this addon?  Respect the work you've put into this and the help you've offered end users in the past.

I lost track of this thread due to some change of the forum, which removed my notifications. Should be fine again, now.

So I am still around, but did not use the add-on much lately, so I can't tell if there has been a change or not. Comparing to Firefox won't help as it uses different streams (a different mediaselector URL). I suspected for a long time that the mediaselector we use in the add-on will be made obsolete at some point of time. Let's wait and see.

As always, if you run into issues, try to provide as much information as possible, please. For instance: What errors do you get with Limelight? Are there any messages in kodi.log? Somebody said that DASH streams "showed up". What did the settings look like at that point of time?

The more information you provide, the more likely it is I am able to duplicate the issue. Otherwise I just start up my machine, see if it works, and shrug.

Message I'm getting is 'BBC iPlayer Tv Programmes are only available to play in the UK'.   Have no issue playing streams on the website, iOS apps or apple tv.  
Using Dash Limelight to  play streams.   Akami and Bidi will try to play but just constantly buffer.
Here is a link to my log.  https://paste.kodi.tv/dapagiceka.kodi

Thanks again for your help.
(2020-08-17, 12:57)Cangeoboy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-08-16, 20:34)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]

Message I'm getting is 'BBC iPlayer Tv Programmes are only available to play in the UK'.   Have no issue playing streams on the website, iOS apps or apple tv.  
Using Dash Limelight to  play streams.   Akami and Bidi will try to play but just constantly buffer.

I have the exact same error - perhaps something changed bbc end with subtitles?
(2020-08-17, 12:57)Cangeoboy Wrote: [ -> ]Message I'm getting is 'BBC iPlayer Tv Programmes are only available to play in the UK'.   Have no issue playing streams on the website, iOS apps or apple tv.  

Thanks. The error message you get can originate from different places:

1. It may occur when retrieving streams for a programme. This is when calling the infamous "mediaselector".
2. It may occur when trying to play back an individual stream.

Please try the following steps:
- Disable Autoplay, and set CDN to Auto. This way, you should get a list of streams for each programme you select. If you do not get a list, but the error right away, the Beeb thinks you are outside of the UK. Not much I can do about that. If you do get a list of streams, try all of them if any plays.
- In case you get the error message when trying to play the individual streams, please log in with you BBCiD to see if this helps.
(2020-06-19, 15:44)xenolevis Wrote: [ -> ]Hi team

It looks like the BBC has begun using a different format for the subtitles and the plugin can't parse it. One random example is "Art of Persia", here is the link to the subtitle file:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/subtitles/n...622537.xml
There are no line breaks in the file. I could fix that, but my Python is not nearly good enough to fix all the other problems, including the styling that's missing.

Thanks for any help with this!
Cheers,

I also came here looking for a solution to my missing subtitle issue. I'm aware some programmes simply don't have subtitles, but a lot of programmes that do have subtitles in the Android iPlayer app, don't have functioning subtitles in this Kodi addon. Could this be why? Hope this can be fixed in an upcoming version!

Thanks & keep up the good work!
(2020-08-21, 11:05)margotiris Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-19, 15:44)xenolevis Wrote: [ -> ]Hi team

It looks like the BBC has begun using a different format for the subtitles and the plugin can't parse it. One random example is "Art of Persia", here is the link to the subtitle file:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/subtitles/n...622537.xml
There are no line breaks in the file. I could fix that, but my Python is not nearly good enough to fix all the other problems, including the styling that's missing.

Thanks for any help with this!
Cheers,

I also came here looking for a solution to my missing subtitle issue. I'm aware some programmes simply don't have subtitles, but a lot of programmes that do have subtitles in the Android iPlayer app, don't have functioning subtitles in this Kodi addon. Could this be why? Hope this can be fixed in an upcoming version!

Thanks & keep up the good work!
Yes, that might be the case. Try the Beta version available on GitHub. I am still waiting for some feedback before releasing it. If you can provide some feedback, that might speed up things.
(2020-08-21, 13:01)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]]Yes, that might be the case. Try the Beta version available on GitHub. I am still waiting for some feedback before releasing it. If you can provide some feedback, that might speed up things.

Ok, I just installed version 3.0.49 alpha2 and the subtitles are back! Everything else seems to be running smoothly but I've only had a very quick look around so far. Will report back if I find any issues.
Thanks a lot for all your great work!