Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-08-21, 13:35)margotiris Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-08-21, 13:01)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]]Yes, that might be the case. Try the Beta version available on GitHub. I am still waiting for some feedback before releasing it. If you can provide some feedback, that might speed up things.

Ok, I just installed version 3.0.49 alpha2 and the subtitles are back! Everything else seems to be running smoothly but I've only had a very quick look around so far. Will report back if I find any issues.
Thanks a lot for all your great work!
Please do report back if you don't find any issues as well. In the end, I want to be pretty sure that all is well before releasing it.
(2020-08-22, 21:48)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]Please do report back if you don't find any issues as well. In the end, I want to be pretty sure that all is well before releasing it.

Ok, reporting back:

I've been running the 3.0.49 alpha2 version for about a fortnight, using it probably most days, without any errors. Until today, when Frankie Boyle's New World Order threw up this error:
Code:

ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
Error Contents: list index out of range
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/root/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.iplayerwww/default.py", line 219, in <module>
Video.AddAvailableStreamItem(name, url, iconimage, description)
File "/root/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.iplayerwww/resources/lib/ipwww_video.py", line 814, in AddAvailableStreamItem
PlayStream(name, match[0][2], iconimage, description, subtitles_url)
File "/root/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.iplayerwww/resources/lib/ipwww_video.py", line 1011, in PlayStream
subtitles_file = download_subtitles(subtitles_url)
File "/root/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.iplayerwww/resources/lib/ipwww_common.py", line 204, in download_subtitles
text = text+'<font color="%s">%s</font>' % (color[0], line)
IndexError: list index out of range
-->End of Python script error report<--
2020-09-05 09:23:08.565 T:1899504560 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.iplayerwww/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fiplayer%2Fepisode%2Fm000m7m2%2Ffrankie-boyles-new-world-order-series-4-episode-1&mode=202&name=Frankie+Boyle%27s+New+World+Order+-+With+Sara+Pascoe+and+Guz+Kahn&iconimage=https%3A%2F%2Fichef.bbci.co.uk%2Fimages%2Fic%2F832x468%2Fp08pt7h3.jpg&description=Sophie+Duker+and+Miles+Jupp+try+to+make+sense+of+the+weird+times+we+live+in.&subtitles_url=&logged_in=False]

The 'Most Popular' list is my usual entry point into the iPlayer addon (have that favourited), so when it wouldn't play from there, I found the same programme through other parts of the menu structure, and also searched for it, but whenever I tried to play it, it gives the same error. Checked if the same episode would play in the Android app, and there it worked fine.

I noticed there's a logged_in=False variable on the URL in the error log, so I check to see if I was still logged in on the plugin, and it seemed I was: there's a "Sign out BBCiD" item in the main menu. I selected that option and it said it was 'successful', but that didn't change that "Sign out BBCiD" menu item to a "Sign in BBCiD" as I had expected. So I found the login bit in the settings and entered my email and pw there (there wasn't anything in the BBC ID or password fields, so I don't know if I was ever logged in the first place). Went back to the episode and again it threw up the same error, again with the logged_in=False bit - so I still don't know whether I'm logged in or not, or if that's even a relevant factor.

Sorry to be so verbose; I'm counting on you to filter out anything that might be useful.
(2020-09-05, 13:40)margotiris Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, reporting back:

I've been running the 3.0.49 alpha2 version for about a fortnight, using it probably most days, without any errors. Until today, when Frankie Boyle's New World Order threw up this error:

The 'Most Popular' list is my usual entry point into the iPlayer addon (have that favourited), so when it wouldn't play from there, I found the same programme through other parts of the menu structure, and also searched for it, but whenever I tried to play it, it gives the same error. Checked if the same episode would play in the Android app, and there it worked fine.

I noticed there's a logged_in=False variable on the URL in the error log, so I check to see if I was still logged in on the plugin, and it seemed I was: there's a "Sign out BBCiD" item in the main menu. I selected that option and it said it was 'successful', but that didn't change that "Sign out BBCiD" menu item to a "Sign in BBCiD" as I had expected. So I found the login bit in the settings and entered my email and pw there (there wasn't anything in the BBC ID or password fields, so I don't know if I was ever logged in the first place). Went back to the episode and again it threw up the same error, again with the logged_in=False bit - so I still don't know whether I'm logged in or not, or if that's even a relevant factor.

Sorry to be so verbose; I'm counting on you to filter out anything that might be useful.
Thanks for reporting this problem. I am afraid, I cannot duplicate it on my end. The programme plays fine, even with subtitles.

However, it may be related to the settings on your system. Could you please let me know the settings you chose for stream type (DASH or HLS), and which CDN you selected? With this information, I may be able to duplicate the problem, and identify its cause. If you kept the CDN on 'Auto', please try the three options (Akamai, Limelight, Bidi) to see if only one is causing this problem.

Being logged in should not make a difference here. I just tested without being logged in, and the programme plays fine.
Hello,

BBC iplayer subtitles are not working. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the addon as well as toggled the settings. Nothing! They did work previously... so what's changed?

Note: Kodi is running 18.8 on android 7... (I think) TV! I am in UK, not using proxy! Kodi updated recently... using f-droid repo!

Thanks!
@goodflood - the subtitles section is for specific subtitle addons for movies, rather than subtitles in other addons.

So I've merged your post into the iPlayer addon thread (this one).
(2020-09-06, 21:36)goodflood Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

BBC iplayer subtitles are not working. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the addon as well as toggled the settings. Nothing! They did work previously... so what's changed?

Note: Kodi is running 18.8 on android 7... (I think) TV! I am in UK, not using proxy! Kodi updated recently... using f-droid repo!

Thanks!
Please try the Alpha release available on GitHub. It should fix the subtitle issues.
(2020-09-06, 18:23)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for reporting this problem. I am afraid, I cannot duplicate it on my end. The programme plays fine, even with subtitles.

However, it may be related to the settings on your system. Could you please let me know the settings you chose for stream type (DASH or HLS), and which CDN you selected? With this information, I may be able to duplicate the problem, and identify its cause. If you kept the CDN on 'Auto', please try the three options (Akamai, Limelight, Bidi) to see if only one is causing this problem.

Being logged in should not make a difference here. I just tested without being logged in, and the programme plays fine.

I had HLS / Any originally. I changed the CDN to the three different options in turn, then switched to Dash and repeated trying all options, but none of them would play. The log shows a 'skipping unplayable item' error with all different stream urls now.

Then I turned off the 'Use subtitles when available' setting, repeated the above, and everything would play without problems.
And just to make sure, I went back and turned the subtitles on again and indeed, nothing would play. That is to say, none of the streams available for Frankie Boyle's New World Order, Season 4 Episode 1 would play, all other programmes that I've tried playing since installing the Alpha version have played just fine.
(2020-09-07, 10:08)margotiris Wrote: [ -> ]I had HLS / Any originally. I changed the CDN to the three different options in turn, then switched to Dash and repeated trying all options, but none of them would play. The log shows a 'skipping unplayable item' error with all different stream urls now.

Then I turned off the 'Use subtitles when available' setting, repeated the above, and everything would play without problems.
And just to make sure, I went back and turned the subtitles on again and indeed, nothing would play. That is to say, none of the streams available for Frankie Boyle's New World Order, Season 4 Episode 1 would play, all other programmes that I've tried playing since installing the Alpha version have played just fine.
Thanks for being persistent. It looks like I was still working on an old copy of the add-on, not reflecting the current state of subtitles. Moving to 3.0.49~alpha2, I was able to duplicate the issue.

I implemented a fix in 3.0.49~alpha3, which should be more robust. Please try, and let me know if this works better in general.
(2020-09-07, 18:45)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for being persistent. It looks like I was still working on an old copy of the add-on, not reflecting the current state of subtitles. Moving to 3.0.49~alpha2, I was able to duplicate the issue.

I implemented a fix in 3.0.49~alpha3, which should be more robust. Please try, and let me know if this works better in general.

I installed alpha3 & can confirm the episode now plays, subtitles and all! Will report back on how things work 'in general' when I've bit more time to test things.
Thanks!
Ran into another error, this time with 'Sully' (the film with Tom Hanks). Again with subtitles on, I get:

Code:
ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.iplayerwww/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fiplayer%2Fepisode%2Fm000m7wv%2Fsully&mode=202&name=Sully+-+He+saved+155+lives.+Then+he+went+on+trial&iconimage=https%3A%2F%2Fichef.bbci.co.uk%2Fimages%2Fic%2F832x468%2Fp08psv0f.jpg&description=The+%27Miracle+on+the+Hudson%27+was+just+the+start.+Starring+Tom+Hanks.&subtitles_url=&logged_in=False]

When I turn the subtitles off, and switch off auto play in the streams menu because that's easier than constantly switching between CDN, I get stream that all play. But they are listed as (Audio Described) and indeed there's someone constantly talking which gets annoying pretty quickly (having someone constantly talking while I'm trying to watch TV is why I keep subtitles on... Wink )

Hope that helps
(2020-09-08, 19:29)margotiris Wrote: [ -> ]Ran into another error, this time with 'Sully' (the film with Tom Hanks). Again with subtitles on, I get:

Code:
ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.iplayerwww/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fiplayer%2Fepisode%2Fm000m7wv%2Fsully&mode=202&name=Sully+-+He+saved+155+lives.+Then+he+went+on+trial&iconimage=https%3A%2F%2Fichef.bbci.co.uk%2Fimages%2Fic%2F832x468%2Fp08psv0f.jpg&description=The+%27Miracle+on+the+Hudson%27+was+just+the+start.+Starring+Tom+Hanks.&subtitles_url=&logged_in=False]

When I turn the subtitles off, and switch off auto play in the streams menu because that's easier than constantly switching between CDN, I get stream that all play. But they are listed as (Audio Described) and indeed there's someone constantly talking which gets annoying pretty quickly (having someone constantly talking while I'm trying to watch TV is why I keep subtitles on... Wink )

Hope that helps

That problem was reported on GitHub yesterday for some episodes of Battlestar Galactica. The cause is that some programmes currently do not contain any streams using the mediaselector the add-on is based on. Nothing I can do there at the moment except switch to a different mediaselector all together. I'd like to try and sit this one out. If the mediaselector is really being discontinued, I have an alternative available.
(2020-09-08, 19:33)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-09-08, 19:29)margotiris Wrote: [ -> ]Ran into another error, this time with 'Sully' (the film with Tom Hanks). Again with subtitles on, I get:

Code:

Hope that helps

That problem was reported on GitHub yesterday for some episodes of Battlestar Galactica. The cause is that some programmes currently do not contain any streams using the mediaselector the add-on is based on. Nothing I can do there at the moment except switch to a different mediaselector all together. I'd like to try and sit this one out. If the mediaselector is really being discontinued, I have an alternative available.
I've been using 3.0.49 alpha2 since my reply to this thread on 3rd August but unfortunately there has been no improvement.
Since these issues began, I have encountered one notably unusual behavior. Setting up for live TV using Dash with Limelight and with stream selection set to manual, two streams are listed that do not have either a Akemai or Limelight descriptor.
E.g. for BBC1 the available  listed streams look like this:
BBC1 - Akemai
BBC1 - Limelight
BBC One -
BBC One - Akemai
BBC One - Limelight
BBC One -

Funny thing is, only the two streams missing the descriptor will play and those are of very low quality (are they perhaps Bidi streams?).
As previously mentioned, for the past couple of months live TV Limelight streams throw the "Not in UK" error while Akemai streams have never played for me.
I can replicate this behaviour on a Pi4 running Kodi 18.6 under Raspbian, Pi3 with OSMC and an Android TV with Kodi 18.8 installed
Browser based iPlayer works fine.
I'd be happy to test a version using the alternative mediaselector if that option becomes available.
Is it currently possible to play either of the 4K/HLG test clips via this add-on? It used to be possible to play the football clip, by going into iPlayer:UHD Trial Channels and then playing UHD Trial 5; but this doesn't seem to work any more. I'm trying to figure out if it's an issue with the add-on, or with my player.

UHD test clips do still exist on iPlayer somewhere - I can play both of them using my TV's built-in app.

(I would love to search through this thread to see if this has already been asked, but "4K", "HDR", "HLG" and "UHD" are all too short to be legal search terms! I apologise if this has been asked already).
(2020-09-10, 01:41)deepeeme Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-09-08, 19:33)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]

Code:

Hope that helps

I've been using 3.0.49 alpha2 since my reply to this thread on 3rd August but unfortunately there has been no improvement.
Since these issues began, I have encountered one notably unusual behavior. Setting up for live TV using Dash with Limelight and with stream selection set to manual, two streams are listed that do not have either a Akemai or Limelight descriptor.
E.g. for BBC1 the available  listed streams look like this:
BBC1 - Akemai
BBC1 - Limelight
BBC One -
BBC One - Akemai
BBC One - Limelight
BBC One -

Funny thing is, only the two streams missing the descriptor will play and those are of very low quality (are they perhaps Bidi streams?).
As previously mentioned, for the past couple of months live TV Limelight streams throw the "Not in UK" error while Akemai streams have never played for me.
I can replicate this behaviour on a Pi4 running Kodi 18.6 under Raspbian, Pi3 with OSMC and an Android TV with Kodi 18.8 installed
Browser based iPlayer works fine.
I'd be happy to test a version using the alternative mediaselector if that option becomes available.
I have the same situation but only when looking at live streams. I tried version alpha3 with no luck. 
Limelight does not work and keeps saying that i cannot see BBC outside the UK but that's not true.
Here is the log:

2020-10-20 17:22:14.292 T:1916130224   ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: HTTP response code said error(22) for http://vs-hls-uk-live.akamaized.net/pool...12032.m3u8
2020-10-20 17:22:14.480 T:1396699360   ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: HTTP returned error 403
2020-10-20 17:22:14.481 T:1396699360   ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 403 for http://vs-hls-uk-live.akamaized.net/pool...12032.m3u8:
2020-10-20 17:22:14.612 T:1396699360   ERROR: OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer
2020-10-20 17:22:19.659 T:1916130224   ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: HTTP response code said error(22) for http://vs-hls-uk-live.akamaized.net/pool...12032.m3u8
2020-10-20 17:22:19.743 T:1419755744   ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: HTTP returned error 403
2020-10-20 17:22:19.743 T:1419755744   ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 403 for http://vs-hls-uk-live.akamaized.net/pool...12032.m3u8:
2020-10-20 17:22:19.866 T:1419755744   ERROR: OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer

Thank you.
The BBC has now made "Seven Worlds: One Planet" available in 4K HLG/HDR again. Is there any way to play the 4K HLG stream through this add-on?