Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-11-26, 15:55)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-11-26, 06:00)deepeeme Wrote: [ -> ]PS: I just tried altering addon.xml to:

<requires>
    <import addon="xbmc.python" version="3.0.0"/>

But it returned:  addon failed to installl from zipfile due to an invalid structure
This installed okay for me (on Matrix). Can go into iplayer add-on and see top level menu "iPlayer: Highlights" etc. But every entry returns me to same menu.
Give it a try now, please. There was still a bug which was found by Charlie Brej. Should be fixed now. If this is working, I will release it.
(2020-11-29, 09:49)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-11-26, 15:55)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-11-26, 06:00)deepeeme Wrote: [ -> ]PS: I just tried altering addon.xml to:

<requires>
    <import addon="xbmc.python" version="3.0.0"/>

But it returned:  addon failed to installl from zipfile due to an invalid structure
This installed okay for me (on Matrix). Can go into iplayer add-on and see top level menu "iPlayer: Highlights" etc. But every entry returns me to same menu.
Give it a try now, please. There was still a bug which was found by Charlie Brej. Should be fixed now. If this is working, I will release it.
Hi. I had the same problem as @popcornmix. (running on Matrix Beta 1). I've downloaded from vonH/plugin.video.iplayerwww at krypton (github.com) but the error is still present. Thanks
(2020-11-29, 09:49)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]Give it a try now, please. There was still a bug which was found by Charlie Brej. Should be fixed now. If this is working, I will release it.

No change in behaviour. I'm testing this zip file and I manually change "xbmc.python" version to "3.0.0".
I see top level menu, but clicking "iPlayer: Highlights" put me back in same menu (with highlight one lower on "iPlayer: Channel Highlights")
(2020-11-29, 15:35)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]No change in behaviour. I'm testing this zip file and I manually change "xbmc.python" version to "3.0.0".
I see top level menu, but clicking "iPlayer: Highlights" put me back in same menu (with highlight one lower on "iPlayer: Channel Highlights")[/url]
I assume it you did extract the zip file to the correct subdirectory (plugin.video.iplayerwww NOT plugin.video.iplayerwww-krypton). Otherwise you would still be stuck with the Python 2 version or a strange mix in versions that Kodi probably cannot handle.

If so, then: Which version of Kodi 19 are you using? I get a message that this is working fine here and here. I don't use Kodi 19 so far, and do not intend to install it on my development PC before it has been released, so for now I cannot test this myself.
Same as above on Kodi 19 Beta 1 with modified addon.xml reflecting Python version 3.00.0.
Addon installed fine.
I can get in the first main menu but any subsequent choice from the menu returns to the same menu.
Same. On Kodi 19 Beta 1. I downloaded this zip file.
I unzipped it. I manually changed "xbmc.python" version to "3.0.0". zipped it back up again. Then install from zip file which was fine.
But top level menu is broken - all entries leave you on top level menu.

Uninstalled it, restarted kodi, repeated that again. Same.
Thanks for the tests, @popcornmix and @otinley . I guess that shows 19 is not out of the woods yet. Let's wait for the final release, and I will take a look if it is feasible to provide the add-on for 19 as well.
(2020-11-29, 23:21)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the tests, @popcornmix and @otinley . I guess that shows 19 is not out of the woods yet. Let's wait for the final release, and I will take a look if it is feasible to provide the add-on for 19 as well.

Thank you CaptainT.
This is now working on kodi 19 beta 1 with this addition:
https://github.com/vonH/plugin.video.ipl...-735822568
(2020-11-30, 18:02)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]This is now working on kodi 19 beta 1 with this addition:
https://github.com/vonH/plugin.video.ipl...-735822568
Saw that on GitHub already. Thanks for testing and discussing with Charlie Brej. Will update the krypton branch soon.

Give 3.0.49~alpha4 a try, please.
It now works using HLS for both live and OnDemand.
However, with DASH, the following errors get returned for both:

INFO <general>: Creating InputStream   
ERROR <general>: CInputStreamAddon::Supports - 'inputstreamaddon' has been deprecated, please use `#KODIPROP:inputstream=inputstream.adaptive` instead    
INFO <general>: Creating Demuxer
ERROR <general>: CDVDDemuxFFmpeg::Open - error probing input format, http://vs-dash-uk-live.bbcfmt.s.llnwi.ne...2_dash.mpd
ERROR <general>: CVideoPlayer::OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer
INFO <general>: CVideoPlayer::OnExit()
(2020-11-30, 20:32)OTinley Wrote: [ -> ]It now works using HLS for both live and OnDemand.
However, with DASH, the following errors get returned for both:

INFO <general>: Creating InputStream   
ERROR <general>: CInputStreamAddon::Supports - 'inputstreamaddon' has been deprecated, please use `#KODIPROP:inputstream=inputstream.adaptive` instead    
INFO <general>: Creating Demuxer
ERROR <general>: CDVDDemuxFFmpeg::Open - error probing input format, http://vs-dash-uk-live.bbcfmt.s.llnwi.ne...2_dash.mpd
ERROR <general>: CVideoPlayer::OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer
INFO <general>: CVideoPlayer::OnExit()
Thanks. That should be easy to fix once 19 has been released.
(2020-11-30, 18:46)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]Give 3.0.49~alpha4 a try, please.

Note works streaming correctly after changing in addon.xml within zip to request "xbmc.python" version to "3.0.0" in order to be able install addon Blush
Note: DASH works if inputstreamaddon is replaced by inputstream in both ipwww_video.py & ipwww_common.py .
Thank you all.
Hi, confirming @otinley and @MikeKL the addon now functions on Matrix. I noticed one bug, similar to the previous one reported. When selecting the following options:
Channel A-Z; BBC One; Absolutely Fabulous; Series 2; you get returned to the same menu. Selecting an individual episode works ok. So the bug is similar to the one that prevented progress past the first menu previously. Many thanks for all your efforts in maintaining this addon.