Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
15.2 issue - I did uninstall & reinstall - still only 1.2.9 . I didn't add the fix.

In fact the repo display is different on 14.2 - which shows a specific update option. 15.2 doesn't have that option. Very strange.
(2015-12-21, 20:54)castalla Wrote: [ -> ]15.2 issue - I did uninstall & reinstall - still only 1.2.9 . I didn't add the fix.

In fact the repo display is different on 14.2 - which shows a specific update option. 15.2 doesn't have that option. Very strange.

Very strange indeed. I am also using 15.2 and it updated like a charm. I would really like to help, but I have no clue.
Thanks - just hope I don't have to reinstall the whole thing - it's a pain on Fire TV.
Same problem here - seems kodi repo is not being refreshed.
I'm on Kodi 15.2 (OpenELEC 6.0) and was having problems updating to the latest version as well and noticed that several versions of iPlayer (WWW and BBC) were hosted on several repos (not the official kodi.org repo) that I had installed for testing.

Once I removed all the (other) repos as well as all of the iPlayer folders and zip files in Addons, Addons/packages and Userdata/addon_data, I was able to go back to System, Add-ons, Search (for BBC or iPlayer) and found (only) "Media sources - iPlayer WWW" (Version 1.2.10, Author: CaptainT, Cas, ihurst, primaeval) and installed that one (and it appears to be working for me).

I'm not sure if this is the same issue that you are having with updates (but I thought I would share it... just in case).

Thanks.
(2015-12-21, 21:40)mentat Wrote: [ -> ]I'm on Kodi 15.2 (OpenELEC 6.0) and was having problems updating to the latest version as well and noticed that several versions of iPlayer (WWW and BBC) were hosted on several repos (not the official kodi.org repo) that I had installed for testing.

Once I removed all the (other) repos as well as all of the iPlayer folders and zip files in Addons, Addons/packages and Userdata/addon_data, I was able to go back to System, Add-ons, Search (for BBC or iPlayer) and found (only) "Media sources - iPlayer WWW" (Version 1.2.10, Author: CaptainT, Cas, ihurst, primaeval) and installed that one (and it appears to be working for me).

I'm not sure if this is the same issue that you are having with updates (but I thought I would share it... just in case).

Thanks.

Thanks. Doing all that removing would be an utter pain on the Fire TV ... I can live with the downloaded zip.
(2015-12-21, 18:59)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-21, 17:27)castalla Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-21, 17:02)stuCONNERS Wrote: [ -> ]here

https://mega.nz/#!U1RkCRjT!bj-Pg_rQeOogP...yvgVFE3iSw

Thanks.

Strangely kodi repo 14.2 updated, but kodi 15 fails to update the kodi repo ??/

If you installed my fix you might need to uninstall it.
I can see the addon in the Kodi repo at: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/helix/plug...playerwww/
My 15.2 picks it up ok.
Hi

I was getting the iPlayer addon hanging with high cpu on a raspberry pi. I downloaded the 1.2.10 add-on zip file from the link provided and BBC iPlayer under kodi is working again. Fantastic work!

Thank you,

Clive
(2015-12-21, 15:25)jcorsaut Wrote: [ -> ]Captain T, thanks for getting everything working again. Seems that the episode aired info is still missing though. Any chance of that getting put back in as well?

Cheers

You can try my regex branch if you need all the aired info before CaptainT gets time to fix it. Beware this is a branch and won't update from the main repo. You will probably need to uninstall the original first and uninstall this when you want to go back to the main Kodi repo.
https://github.com/primaeval/plugin.vide...tree/regex
Captain T - thanks for the great addon. I was wondering if there is any progress in allowing you to start the current live TV programme from the beginning as you can on the website, and mentioned in this thread here ?
(2015-12-22, 11:30)renzz Wrote: [ -> ]Captain T - thanks for the great addon. I was wondering if there is any progress in allowing you to start the current live TV programme from the beginning as you can on the website, and mentioned in this thread here ?

All the information for the live stream's history for about 4 hours is in the m3u8 file. It is possible to rewind in theory but I couldn't work out how.
(2015-12-22, 11:30)renzz Wrote: [ -> ]Captain T - thanks for the great addon. I was wondering if there is any progress in allowing you to start the current live TV programme from the beginning as you can on the website, and mentioned in this thread here ?

Thanks for the reminder. I finally managed to take a brief look and create an issue on Github.

On first sight, I don't see how to calculate the offset from the data available on the website, let alone how to tell Kodi to start streaming at this index. I will revisit this at some point of time, but for now the answer is no, I am afraid.
EDIT: Ignore, solved. Toddler had managed to change the underlying OS screen resolution (I have no idea how) which had skewed the aspect ratio.

Not sure if it's a coincidence and I've changed something at my end (I have a rather excitable toddler who likes to play with the remote control), but since today, all iplayer material (live tv or catch up) is playing with the wrong aspect ratio - looks like it's being forced into 22:9 or something similar. Obviously I can change the aspect ratio back to "stretch to 16:9" in the kodi video options, which works fine, but having to do that for every program and stream is irritating my wife. Wink
(2015-12-27, 19:06)timjon Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if it's a coincidence and I've changed something at my end (I have a rather excitable toddler who likes to play with the remote control), but since today, all iplayer material (live tv or catch up) is playing with the wrong aspect ratio - looks like it's being forced into 22:9 or something similar. Obviously I can change the aspect ratio back to "stretch to 16:9" in the kodi video options, which works fine, but having to do that for every program and stream is irritating my wife. Wink

Any suggestions would be gratefully received!

Sounds like an issue with settings in Kodi, not the add-on. My best guess would be that your pixel ratio setting is not 1.00. Check this thread for some more information.
(2015-12-27, 19:06)timjon Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if it's a coincidence and I've changed something at my end (I have a rather excitable toddler who likes to play with the remote control), but since today, all iplayer material (live tv or catch up) is playing with the wrong aspect ratio - looks like it's being forced into 22:9 or something similar. Obviously I can change the aspect ratio back to "stretch to 16:9" in the kodi video options, which works fine, but having to do that for every program and stream is irritating my wife. Wink

Any suggestions would be gratefully received!

Do you mean the video settings you get from pressing "M"? There is a "Set as default for all videos" option there.
Thanks guys - it was actually the underlying OS screen resolution which had got shifted to something unusual with non-square pixels causing the problem. I have no idea how my son managed to do that with only a remote control (no keyboard or mouse) - he can't even talk yet...