Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-01-01, 20:50)castalla Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-01, 20:03)tredman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-01, 19:59)aneng Wrote: [ -> ]Hi CaptainT,

1.3.1 is giving me the following error when trying to play ANY programme:- ('Connection aborted.',error(104, 'Connection reset by peer'))

I'm running Kodi 15.2 on OSMC on a Raspberry Pi 1.

I've just worked out how to get Kodi to write debug logs and looked at the Kodi.log but there's no mention of any error regarding iPlayer. Is there somewhere else I should be looking ?

Ta !

I get the same on 1.30 - possibly a BBC problem again?

That usually a network timeout problem

Correct. That sounds very much like a network problem either at the Beeb or at one of theor CDNs. Try manual stream selection if another CDN or bitrate works better.
Hi, noob here. I've only been using Kodi for a few weeks, and a good half of my usage has been via this add-on, so thanks a lot for making it.

I have also been getting these errors on all catch-up programmes since yesterday. Live streams work fine. Catch-up streams get 'Connection aborted.',error(104, 'Connection reset by peer'). I'm in the UK.

Things I have tried:
upgrade from 1.3.0 to 1.3.1
Change Catchup CDN source from Any to Limelight or Akamai
Change Catchup bitrate from Fastest to 1.8 Mbps and 1.0 Mbps
Disable 'Play stream automatically using these settings'
(2016-01-02, 14:20)phammo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, noob here. I've only been using Kodi for a few weeks, and a good half of my usage has been via this add-on, so thanks a lot for making it.

I have also been getting these errors on all catch-up programmes since yesterday. Live streams work fine. Catch-up streams get 'Connection aborted.',error(104, 'Connection reset by peer'). I'm in the UK.

Things I have tried:
upgrade from 1.3.0 to 1.3.1
Change Catchup CDN source from Any to Limelight or Akamai
Change Catchup bitrate from Fastest to 1.8 Mbps and 1.0 Mbps
Disable 'Play stream automatically using these settings'

Thanks for trying different settings. Everything works just fine for me, so it is not a problem with the add-on.

It seems that the Beeb is currently experiencing some issues, see here.
OK, understood. Obviously they did have that outage the other day, maybe it's something to do with that.
Yep - I can confirm it's all working again today. Thanks for getting back to us CaptainT and apologies for blaming your wonderful plugin !
Using latest version osmc on rpi2 with iplayerwww 1.3.1 but still get error 104 when playing cachup.
Noticed another person with same combination having same issue so may be it has something to do with the combination.
Used to work like a charm before.
(2016-01-02, 21:40)andenaes Wrote: [ -> ]Using latest version osmc on rpi2 with iplayerwww 1.3.1 but still get error 104 when playing cachup.
Noticed another person with same combination having same issue so may be it has something to do with the combination.
I'm finding that it's erratic at the moment. Sometimes a stream will work, and then five minutes later the same stream doesn't work. I'm using openelec on rpi 2.
(2016-01-02, 21:40)andenaes Wrote: [ -> ]Using latest version osmc on rpi2 with iplayerwww 1.3.1 but still get error 104 when playing cachup.
  • When exactly do you get this error?
  • Do you get a line number in default.py of the add-on with the error message?
  • Can you find a line in your kodi.log which starts with something like
    Code:
    DEBUG: OnPlayMedia plugin://plugin.video.iplayerwww/?url=http
    and if so, does the error occur right after that?
  • Does the error occur for every catchup programme or just some? In the latter case, please specify the programmes in question.

Honestly, I strongly doubt that the add-on is at fault here. The code which is about actually playing content has not changed in a long time. The only changes applied recently are about retrieving information from the website. Thus, if there was a problem, the error would occur before you try to play anything. Also, error 104 is simply out of control of the add-on. It is an error caused either by requests (when accessing the website) or by Kodi/ffmpeg (when attempting to play a stream).

The only possible way I can think of this would be an add-on error is if the Beeb changed the stream sources in a way to make them unavailable to us Kodi users or at least the current add-on. In this case, everyone would have to be affected, but it seems that it works for many other users including myself.
Found the following sequence in the log:

17:52:43 64.992561 T:1537209376 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
17:53:02 76.397034 T:1957638704 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.iplayerwww/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fiplayer%2Fepisode%2Fb06v2kh4%2Fdateline-london-02012016&mode=202&name=Dateline+London+-+02%2F01%2F2016&iconimage=http%3A%2F%2Fichef.bbci.co.uk%2Fimages%2Fic%2F832x468%2Fp01lcfpm.jpg&description=Foreign+correspondents+based+in+London+give+their+views+on+the+week%27s+international+news.&subtitles_url=&logged_in=False]
17:53:02 76.398689 T:1537209376 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
18:22:02 1816.215698 T:1562637344 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false

The error occurs on all catchup files no matter what path I followed or source or bitrate (with the exception of the single case mentioned in the previous post.
I get the error whenever I try to play a catchup file, e.g.:

Most popular -> "And then there were none - Episode 1"
gives popup with message:

Error - ('Connection aborted.', error(104, 'Connection reset by peer')

Pressing OK gives new popup:

Playback failed - One or more items failed to play. Check the log ...
There were no line numbers or any other information given in the error messages.

In the log I found the following sequence:

23:27:02 20116.121094 T:1528820768 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
23:27:05 20119.263672 T:1537209376 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
23:27:44 20158.923828 T:1545860128 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
23:27:45 20159.328125 T:1545860128 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
23:30:14 20309.058594 T:1957638704 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.iplayerwww/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fiplayer%2Fepisode%2Fb06tpvfk%2Fand-then-there-were-none-episode-1&mode=202&name=And+Then+There+Were+None+-+Episode+1&iconimage=http%3A%2F%2Fichef.bbci.co.uk%2Fimages%2Fic%2F832x468%2Fp03c11ll.jpg&description=Ten+strangers+are+drawn+away+from+their+lives+to+an+isolated+rock+off+the+Devon+coast.&subtitles_url=&logged_in=False]
23:33:00 20474.873047 T:1528820768 NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
23:33:09 20483.169922 T:1537209376 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

Please let me know if there are any debug settings I can do to get more verbose output to get more details.
GOOD NEWS - There was an update to osmc/kodi overnight and the new version plays the catch-up files without a hitch. Only tested a few files that wouldn't play yesterday and they both played fine now.
Your hunch was right CaptainT, the iplayerwww was not to blame in this case.
Thanks for an excellent program and very quick response to my questions!
(2016-01-03, 11:27)andenaes Wrote: [ -> ]GOOD NEWS - There was an update to osmc/kodi overnight and the new version plays the catch-up files without a hitch. Only tested a few files that wouldn't play yesterday and they both played fine now.
Your hunch was right CaptainT, the iplayerwww was not to blame in this case.
Thanks for an excellent program and very quick response to my questions!

You are most welcome. However, I still doubt that this was Kodi related at all. My bet is on some sort of network issue.

If the error should return, please try this:
  • Go to the add-on settings "Streams" tab.
  • Uncheck the "Play stream automatically using these settings" option.
  • Try opening any catchup item.

There are two options now:
  1. You get the error message immediately when you select a programme.
  2. You first get a list of different available streams and bitrates. Once you select one of them, the error message pops up.

So if you encounter this again, please let me know what you observe. Thanks.
I've been getting the same error the past couple of days, I've found if you just keep trying the program it will start after 2 or 3 tries.
Also it only seems to be happening on newer popular shows, go into the archives and older shows play just fine
I'll try your suggestions and report back the results should the issue rear its ugly head again.
I'm also having issue with "errors " in the BBC iplayer add on . I just got a Minix Neo U1 and I am getting script errors and general errors when trying to access anything on iplayer.
My first post here and I am sorry its not more positive . Hope its fixed real soon . I admit getting my head around Kodi isn't easy !
Thanks everyone .