Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wonderful addition to this great addon.Thank you.

I have no problems playing high quality live radio streams and catch up content but the links under listen live - Not high quality- return the following:

19:28:36 T:5672 ERROR: InputStream: Error opening, plugin://plugin.video.iplayerwww/?url=bbc_radio_one&mode=213&name=BBC+Radio+1&iconimage=&description=&subtitles_url=&logged_in=False
19:28:36 T:5672 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(plugin) in plugin://plugin.video.iplayerwww/?url=bbc_1xtra&mode=213&name=BBC+Radio+1Xtra&iconimage=&description=&subtitles_url=&logged_in=False
(2016-02-07, 17:20)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]Today, I would like to draw your attention to some recent developments in the add-on.

After the requests for radio content in the last weeks, primaeval has put in a tremendous amount of work to integrate radio into the add-on. This huge improvement warrants a new major version, which is why the next release will most likely be called 2.0.0. Knock on wood that we won't need an urgent bug fix before that. A huge thanks for this to primaeval!

Since the mix of radio and TV content created a long and quite ugly add-on script, I decided to break up the source code into separate parts. The result of this process can be found in the development branch of the add-on on GitHub.

I would like to invite everyone interested to try out the current status 2.0.0~beta by downloading it from GitHub. There are most certainly still some bugs in the code and any feedback is appreciated. Once there is some positive feedback, I will release 2.0.0 and submit it to the official repo.

Brilliant, news. I am looking forward to the final release.
(2016-02-07, 21:41)ot7849 Wrote: [ -> ]Wonderful addition to this great addon.Thank you.

I have no problems playing high quality live radio streams and catch up content but the links under listen live - Not high quality- return the following:

19:28:36 T:5672 ERROR: InputStream: Error opening, plugin://plugin.video.iplayerwww/?url=bbc_radio_one&mode=213&name=BBC+Radio+1&iconimage=&description=&subtitles_url=&logged_in=False
19:28:36 T:5672 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(plugin) in plugin://plugin.video.iplayerwww/?url=bbc_1xtra&mode=213&name=BBC+Radio+1Xtra&iconimage=&description=&subtitles_url=&logged_in=False

Thanks for reporting. This is a radio-specific bug. For the time being, please select "Fastest" for the Streams->Live Bitrate setting. I know this is an inconvenience and it shall be fixed in the next beta, of course.

Edit: Sorry, I was looking at a different error, which also needs to get fixed. Will look into this as well.
Edit2: I just checked and both streams play fine for me. It looks a bit like the problem already occurred while creating the directory listing of all Non-HQ streams. Do you see any further information in the log that may be helpful? If not, please try uninstalling and then reinstalling the add-on with the latest version from GitHub. Thanks for your help.
Thank you for the quick response.
I have done a clean re-install with same outcome.
Strange, considering everything else works flawlessly.
CaptainT, no need to spend any more time on this unless other people have the same issue.
I am happy using the high quality streams.
Cheers
Attempted Radio search using "Catagories -> Pop - Music & Chart" and after a resonable search period I recieved following error in kodi interface.
Quote:('Connection Aborted.',BadStatusLine(""",))
Kodi Log http://sprunge.us/MYEM
(2016-02-07, 23:55)ot7849 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for the quick response.
CaptainT, no need to spend any more time on this unless other people have the same issue.
Cheers

Thanks for trying, but this should really get sorted out. Can you please let me know which version of Kodi and which platform (Windows/Linux/Android/...) you are using?
(2016-02-08, 00:03)MikeKL Wrote: [ -> ]Attempted Radio search using "Catagories -> Pop - Music & Chart" and after a resonable search period I recieved following error in kodi interface.
Are you sure this is the right log? I can see an error in it which needs to get fixed, but nothing like what you describe in your post.
(2016-02-08, 08:59)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-07, 23:55)ot7849 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for the quick response.
Cheers

Thanks for trying, but this should really get sorted out. Can you please let me know which version of Kodi and which platform (Windows/Linux/Android/...) you are using?

Thank you once again.
I am using 16 RC3 on Win7 64 bit.
PS: All other features and streams work, including search performed by MikeKL.
None of the non high quality work however.
All other video and audio streams work without an issue.

I have included a log here: http://xbmclogs.com/pbr3pbsua
The log reflects
1- Opening of BBC Radio 1 High Quality (Success & closure)
2- Attempt to open BBC Radio 1 non High Quality (Failure and error message)
Only those 2 steps were performed, yet the log has many errors.
Hope this helps.
(2016-02-08, 00:03)MikeKL Wrote: [ -> ]Attempted Radio search using "Catagories -> Pop - Music & Chart" and after a resonable search period I recieved following error in kodi interface.

Some of the radio pages take a long time to load, even in a browser. Kodi might have just given up on it. Sometimes you just need to try again. I think the hampsters need a while to wake up and power up the i486 servers. Wink Is it consistent?
(2016-02-08, 11:31)ot7849 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you once again.
I am using 16 RC3 on Win7 64 bit.
PS: All other features and streams work, including search performed by MikeKL.
None of the non high quality work however.
All other video and audio streams work without an issue.

I have included a log here: http://xbmclogs.com/pbr3pbsua
The log reflects
1- Opening of BBC Radio 1 High Quality (Success & closure)
2- Attempt to open BBC Radio 1 non High Quality (Failure and error message)
Only those 2 steps were performed, yet the log has many errors.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for the log, it pretty much shows the same errors as before.

When you reinstalled the add-on, did you also download it from GitHub again?

If not, please try this. There was a bug which has already been fixed yesterday which may lead to these errors. I knoe this is hard to track as I don't update the add-on version with every single fix during beta.
Quote:If not, please try this. There was a bug which has already been fixed yesterday which may lead to these errors. I know this is hard to track as I don't update the add-on version with every single fix during beta.

That did it! Re-installed with the newest (< 15 minutes old)
All streams work.Nod
Thanks for your efforts.
(2016-02-08, 19:40)ot7849 Wrote: [ -> ]That did it! Re-installed with the newest (< 15 minutes old)
All streams work.Nod
Thanks for your efforts.

Thanks for the feedback. I am relieved to hear it is working now.
Just to let everyone know: 2.0.0 has finally been released and merged to the official repo. The automatic update should arrive via the repo within the next days.

Once again, thanks to primaeval for the hard work on radio, ihurst for getting back to help fix the BBCiD login and to all beta users for their feedback.
Version 2 with radio channels.One word "excellent".
Hi - Thanks for the add-on - been working great since 1.0beta for me

But today Ive noticed a problem with only 1 program - Peter Rabbit - although the folder lists 22 episodes available, it is empty when you go in it.
It is all available and working on the BBCiPlayer website. I havent noticed any problems with any other CBeebies programs.

Just annoying that it is my 2 year old's favorite show.